[1.05] Fusebox - electric charge tracker and build helper. 1.52 released 24th Jan 16

Ratzap

I finally got around to this. If 0.24 isn't out by the weekend I'll bundle up a release.

I really like this mod and I do not want to come across as y or ungrateful, but I am having a bit of trouble getting it to recognize the multispec from SCANsat and the compact Kethane detector. They are not showing up on the filter list and not being calculated into train. I tried taking the comms antenna off to seperate the load from the antenna and the lights, but the light do not seem be calculating either.

Is this set up to work universally with all mod parts or do you have to manually add each part from each mod in separately?

Edit: Is mechjeb supported? Does not seem to show either. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, the charge input seems to be working right, but the drain does not seem to be working with most components.

Edited by Smurfalot

I really like this mod and I do not want to come across as y or ungrateful, but I am having a bit of trouble getting it to recognize the multispec from SCANsat and the compact Kethane detector. They are not showing up on the filter list and not being calculated into train. I tried taking the comms antenna off to seperate the load from the antenna and the lights, but the light do not seem be calculating either.

Is this set up to work universally with all mod parts or do you have to manually add each part from each mod in separately?

Edit: Is mechjeb supported? Does not seem to show either. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, the charge input seems to be working right, but the drain does not seem to be working with most components.

Standard parts are fine with some exceptions (things which simply don't allow anyone to find out how much they use up). Kethane and SCANsat should be fine if you have the version that fusebox was linked to. Look in your KSP.log and search for 'FB -' to see which mods it found and any which the version is wrong. Things like MJ with tiny draws get lost in the rounding, it uses doubles to add it all up but seems to round down for the final tally. I suspect you have something wrong though somewhere as the things you are describing work fine for me (and presumably everyone else).

I checked all the calculations and they are done with doubles, the only rounding inside fusebox is in the display function. So I added another setting so people can change the display precision between 2 and 7 decimal places (more than 7 really screws up the formatting). That way people can decide for themselves what they want to see.

I did some other stuff but I forget what. Release on the weekend after some more testing/tweaks.

Hey, if any one can help me I found this in the output_log and here it is...

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[PartModule].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at PartModuleList.get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Ratzap.Fusebox.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I figured since it had fusebox i'd post it here.

Take a look at my modlist to see if there could be any conflicts (Its in my siggy VVV) Thanks :cool:

Edited by Mrsupersonic8
Woopsy! Grammar mistake.

That's a known bug in KSP, Fusebox has to ask KSP for a list of parts which make up the current vessel in order to work which is why it says Fusebox at the bottom of the stack trace. The top bit is the bit that actually broke: [PartModule].get_Item which is a KSP function called by another KSP function PartModuleList.get_Item. Why it fails? Who knows, some part it doesn't like /shrug

One day it might get fixed by Squad but IDK when.

ScanSat support was announced in 0.98, but it seems that the FuzeBox 1.0 doesn't count the drain from active ScanSat scanners... Neither in VAB nor in flight.

P.S. I'm using Realism Overhaul, if that matters.

ScanSat support was announced in 0.98, but it seems that the FuzeBox 1.0 doesn't count the drain from active ScanSat scanners... Neither in VAB nor in flight.

P.S. I'm using Realism Overhaul, if that matters.

It used to work, I haven't used SCANsat for ages so I wouldn't have noticed it stopping working. I'll look into it, perhaps something changed in the SCANsat API.

I just checked, it's working but you're probably running into a DLL version problem (SCANsat v6 was used to link Fusebox). If you're not using what I linked against and the content has changed sufficiently, the KSP.log will have a line in it about wrong versions.

Edited by Ratzap

• 2 weeks later...
It used to work, I haven't used SCANsat for ages so I wouldn't have noticed it stopping working. I'll look into it, perhaps something changed in the SCANsat API.

I just checked, it's working but you're probably running into a DLL version problem (SCANsat v6 was used to link Fusebox). If you're not using what I linked against and the content has changed sufficiently, the KSP.log will have a line in it about wrong versions.

A lot of people are using v7 at this point. It links in with Kethane and Kethane's alternative as well as Interstellar.

any plans for a slider controlling distance from the sun or just planet options to choose from when determining how much solar power is being generated by your panels?

I have toyed with the idea yes but the problems start when mods like Near future or KISP change the way solar works in relation to distance from Kerbol. I'd say it's on the to do list but it's in 'could be a right bugger to implement' territory.

A lot of people are using v7 at this point. It links in with Kethane and Kethane's alternative as well as Interstellar.

v6.1 seems prevalent too. I was hoping to get a stable release out by now but with the 2 updates, all the mods I link to are still in a state of flux. I'll put out an interim build tomorrow against a snapshot of current mods. Sucks to be trying to access other peoples DLLs when they keep changing ;)

Edit: v7 is still in WIP as a release candidate. I'll keep linking to 6.1 until 7 is released into the main mod thread.

Edited by Ratzap

I have toyed with the idea yes but the problems start when mods like Near future or KISP change the way solar works in relation to distance from Kerbol. I'd say it's on the to do list but it's in 'could be a right bugger to implement' territory.

Bummer. No worries tho, while it would be nice to do everything in the VAB I just Hyperedit the panels out into orbit around things to see how they do

How and why does SCANSat change my battery drain?

I'm building a satellite for RemoteTech2 (only probe core and antenna) and the readout changes when I dis- or enable SCANsat in VAB.

On the launchpad the readout stays the same though…

The scanning takes power, that is why. :)

Regarding the launchpad question: The launch clamps supply power, so the batteries are not being drained.

I did not use any clamps.

The readout changes from VAB to Launchpad under the same conditions.

As I said: The probe did not have any SCANsat elements, that's why I thought it was weird that the drain changed in VAB.

Also the Drain and / or the drain countdown doesn't seem to be quite correct – I get much less drain with my one probe core and the antennas than what is stated in Fusebox.

I did not use any clamps.

The readout changes from VAB to Launchpad under the same conditions.

As I said: The probe did not have any SCANsat elements, that's why I thought it was weird that the drain changed in VAB.

Also the Drain and / or the drain countdown doesn't seem to be quite correct – I get much less drain with my one probe core and the antennas than what is stated in Fusebox.

First up, in the VAB the mod can only go by what the parts configuration says it needs so in the VAB is quite likely to be different than in flight but it shouldn't be a huge difference. As for the SCANsat, the mod works by checking which modules each part in turn is using and then asking ones that it knows fiddle with power how much they are doing. If you toggle SCANsat on/off in the filters and the displayed amount changes, then something on your rocket has a SCANsat module in it. This can of course be added by a module manager config, meaning that you wouldn't necessarily have to have put on a SCANsat antenna. It definitely is finding a part with moduleName set to "SCANsat" though or it would not go and add the charge use.

0.24 seems to have changed some of the usage amounts and I'm still trying to work out what is causing it. I have one rocket that uses 0.4 per second but should only use 0.04... I'll track them down eventually.

Antennas - in the VAB the value shown is accurate but only when the antenna is in use. In flight, unless you are transmitting data there will be no drain.

As I said: the difference in battery life was not so small: around 13min in VAB vs. 21min on launchpad. There was no scanSat Module in this besser. I might get some Screenshots!

when I Diabetes ScanSat in the filters, the Reading in VAB was the Same as in the launchpad.

I think I found what my problem was:

The MKS / OKS mod adds SCANsat ability to all stock dish antennas. So if I build a COMsat for RemoteTech, the readout changes if I enable the filter for SCANsat.

If I build a SCANsat satellite with SCANsat parts and a dish antenna for communication, Fusebox is of course not correct (can't be).

And:

OKTO Probe core has 1.7/min (=0.0283/s), Fusebox states 0.05

Hi all, i've the same issue than other , but another one too :

When i press F2 for making a nice pics, sometime, there's no mre fusebox displaying when im back to my GUI, and if i F2 again, GUI disappear as normal, but Fusebox appear !! im unable to swtich it back to GUI view.

And of course, it dont work very well wiz other mods, kethane, scan sat...

Im gentle waiting, no pb i have time, just post for transmitting issue

You people are running the last DLL I posted a page ago right? I'll try and find time to check these things and change the curse package but I only test against a GameData with stock plus the mods I support. Interference from everything else people wack into their installs is not my problem ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.