Locked in syndrome! Any help?

I've got a space station in orbit around Minmus, but when constructing it accidentally placed a RCS block on the door to the cupola module and now Bob is trapped. It says the exit is obstructed. I'm not one to leave a Kerbil behind. Anyone got any ideas how to get him out?

I'm thinking either create a robotic arm and try to scrape it off the door or to send the space station core back to Kerbin and dock a shed load of parachute modules on to it then splash it down in the ocean!

Does that space station have any other living space where he should be able to live other than the cupola? If the answer is yes, I recommend you to use the "Crew Manifest" plugin, it adds the, for me, basic function to move kerbals from one module to another inside a ship or station, as they are supposed to be able to do if it where a real ship.

If you don't mind the debug menu, you could probably use whack-a-kerbal to shoot off the RCS block. If you're going to do that, make sure to quick save before. If you want to stay without the debug menu, a splashdown would most likely destroy the RCS port, but i question the structural integrity of docking a parachute module. If all else fails, just recover the cupola on kerbin.

Remember, by the way, kerbal. Good luck on saving Bob. :)

I've run into this problem so many times.

What you have to do is (If you brought a satellite with you)

You have to propel something smaller than the RCS block at a higher speed than it's impact tolerance rate. It should go clean through the tank, blowing it up to let your kerbal escape.

OR

You could cheat with the KSP command console's (Alt+F12) "Whack-A-Kerbal" (Some wouldn't consider it cheating).

ALERT

BE SURE TO QUICKSAVE

AND BE SURE TO QUICKSAVE!!!!!111!!!!11111!69!111420!11!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.