[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Hey! I was digging through my KSP.log (looking for a different error, actually) and I came across this:

[LOG 10:06:20.763] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWadapter3x2/32Structural/KWadapter3x2'
[LOG 10:06:20.771] Added sound_decoupler_fire to FXGroup activate
[ERR 10:06:20.794] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler
[ERR 10:06:20.804] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

It appears a number of times for various parts, and all related to adding sound_decoupler_fire to FXGroup. I'm running 2.6b on KSPx64, Windows 7 64-bit. I'm not sure if this is related to all the decoupler shenanery with x64. Thanks for all the work and the stunning mod! Oh! I did install the modified sounds under the Extras pack.

Edit: this is not breaking or anything, at least that I've noticed. Just something I found which might be useful feedback.

Edited by Kalloran

I too have a problem with this in 0.24. Not only scaling, but sometimes, when I load a ship by either switching to it or selecting Fly in the tracking station, the ship is visible, but time has stopped. If I speed up to say 5x the craft shows, but once I slow down to 1x again the whole thing flies away from the camera, and if I speed up to 5x again, the ship is shown.

Sometimes I wonder if people even read other posts before they quote a chosen one. It has been already mentioned multiple times in the past 40 posts that this is a known KSP issue and it happens only when the shrinking tank is the root part of your craft. Either don't use such parts as root or wait for a fix, as Winston and Kick already mentioned.

Could someone please tell me how to removed the engine power up and power down? It doesn't work well with mechjeb

In the Extras folder in the KW zip, go into InstantPowerResponseConfigs and install the GameData folder in your KSP directory and tell it to merge/replace.

Awesome mode guys, no doubt, KW is one of top 10 mods.

Decouplers and fairings work fine with sarbian's fix.

There are still some minor bugs to root out.

• KW5x3AdapterShroud, KWadapter2x1, KWadapter3x2 and KW3mPetalAdapter still have activate vs decouple thing
  • KW3Sidetank is throwing warning in debug window because part is cheaper than fuel in tank
  • KWrcsPod, KWrcsQuad, KWrcsQuad45, KWsrbGlobeI and KWsrbGlobeX5 MODEL module is not wraped in curly brackets

@PART[KW5x3AdapterShroud]:AFTER[KWRocketry]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
@fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, 1.617, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, decouple
@sound_decoupler_fire = decouple
}

@PART[KW3Sidetank]:AFTER[KWRocketry]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
@cost = 10040
}

@PART[KWrcsPod]:AFTER[KWRocketry]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
!model = dummy
mesh = KW_RCS_2mPod.mu
}

@PART[KWrcsQuad]:AFTER[KWRocketry]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
!model = dummy
mesh = KW_RCS_1mBlock.mu
}

@PART[KWrcsQuad45]:AFTER[KWRocketry]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
!model = dummy
mesh = KW_RCS_1mBlock45.mu
}

@PART[KWsrbGlobeI]:AFTER[KWRocketry]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
!model = dummy
mesh = KW_025mSRBGlobeI.mu
}

@PART[KWsrbGlobeX5]:AFTER[KWRocketry]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
!model = dummy
mesh = KW_250mSRBThor.mu
}

@PART[KWadapter2x1]:AFTER[KWRocketry]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
@fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, 0.849, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, decouple
}

@PART[KWadapter3x2]:AFTER[KWRocketry]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
@fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, 1.076, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, decouple
}

@PART[KW3mPetalAdapter]:AFTER[KWRocketry]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]
{
@fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, 1.076, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, decouple
}

And, if I may suggest for some future update, I would like to some inline fairings.

Again, thanks for this outstanding parts.

Sometimes I wonder if people even read other posts before they quote a chosen one. It has been already mentioned multiple times in the past 40 posts that this is a known KSP issue and it happens only when the shrinking tank is the root part of your craft. Either don't use such parts as root or wait for a fix, as Winston and Kick already mentioned.

Good to know! I can only wait for a fix, since I've probably rooted a lot of such parts in the gigantic space station orbiting the Mün. It's not like I can edit the craft and launch it again. :P

All the KW parts in my game have exhaust on all the time. It is different exhaust from the KW particles, but it stays on all the time. I'm also using HotRockets, but disabling HR did not stop the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hey, I've been having an issue, this morning updated to v2.6 nothing wrong worked as a charm, did about 20 launches to test new parts, this after noon come back to ksp and i can't even load my save game (or a new one), tested KW only on a fresh version of ksp and the same thing happens, remove Kw from my original, everything loads, any ideas?

downloaded v2.6 this morning, worked great, about 20 launches to test new parts, worked a treat, however after going back to ksp this afternoon i've been unable to load a saved game (even on a fresh install of ksp with only kw) does any one know why this is?:(

Could I request a tutorial video on the intended use of that 4-petal lander bay? Something like the video you guys made for your fairing system.

Edited by Bomoo

i've noticed that the most powerful engine has a spin up system (delay on power up) i like it but why is it there?

Well the closest equivalent really is the F1 used on the Saturn V, which took about 8 seconds from the turbines being spun up to reaching full thrust, so we thought we'd try using the thrust lag from the jet engine modules to replicate this somewhat, which also meant I could play with more interesting sound effects.

Could I request a tutorial video on how the intended use of that 5-petal lander bay? Something like the video you guys made for your fairing system.

Sure, I'll have a go.

Edited by Winston

Update (hopefully the last) on my crash issue: on a last resort I tried just deleting about 20 or so of the .mbm texture files from the KW Parts folder. The AccessViolationException went away just like that. Poof!

So I guess I was just running out of memory in the conventional manner after all.

That said... any plans to make a low-res or medium-res version? I did notice those MBMs were 4 MB a piece, which is kinda bloated.

All the KW parts in my game have exhaust on all the time. It is different exhaust from the KW particles, but it stays on all the time. I'm also using HotRockets, but disabling HR did not stop the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

HotRockets breaks craft made with it, and you will not be able to fix them without destroying them and relaunching them. It is not currently compatible with the new part modules introduced with .24 and KW.

That said... any plans to make a low-res or medium-res version? I did notice those MBMs were 4 MB a piece, which is kinda bloated.

There's little point, as the mod only takes about 240 mb of memory (mentioned a page back or something), which is much less than it used to. KSP also has memory management built in (since .23? .23.5?), that reduces texture sizes when it runs out of memory, or at least it should. Otherwise just look into the texture reduction mods, but I think it's been inactive for too long and the downloads may no longer work (maybe you can find someone who still has the KW pack and you can adjust it to work with the new version.

Wait, do you refer to the resizing issue, or the game breaking issue with parts becoming invisible/unplayable/ship slewing away from the camera and the ground disappearing? I read through this thread, and I cannot see any KW modders stating these issues are linked.

I love the new update. :) Some ideas you might find handy:

3.75m dual-nozzle engine. Atlas V engine lookalike, akin to a half of the Griffon XX. You could even call it Griffon X. :) Weaker than the Titan T1, fairly efficient, but still a 1st stage engine. Mostly for booster-assisted rockets.

5m midrange engine cluster. SLS/Ares V engine lookalike, it'd be the Titan of the 5m class. Could even call it Titan T2. Basically, if Titan T1 is the RS-68, this would be the SLS engine cluster.

Unpainted 5m large tank and 3.75m midsize tank. Again, for Constellation fans.

1.25m Griffon. A quarter of Griffon XX, and probably completely overpowered for any 1.25m applications. :) Intended for liquid boosters and clustering under bigger rockets. Bulky, should not look too out of place on a 2.5m rocket.

2.5m single engine off Griffon Century. Same as above, overpowered for actual 2.5m stacks. I remember such engines from the old KW.

Edited by Guest

Tex, that sounds like a decoupler force bug. From what I've read it's specific to the x64 build of v0.24, which I'm not running yet as my computer wouldn't benefit from it (only have 4 gigs ram on this machine).

Can you try that with the 32 bit version and report back? Totally understandable if the answer to that is a no, as not everybody has time or hard drive space to install KSP twice.

I would, but I haven't used any fairings yet in 0.24, and I'm running more mods as they are updated to 0.24 or I discover them.

The fairings were working fine in 0.23.5, but I wasn't running the 64 bit "hack" of that, and something might have changed between versions of KW, so I'm not sure how relevant that is.

Problem solved. I've upgraded back to 32bit. Too many bugs in x64.

KWR works perfectly fine in 32bit.