[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

In addition to not protecting parts, the fairings do not provide any sort of notification to the payload parts that they are encapsulated. This may be a limitation of KSP at the moment, but I have not tested in 1.0 with the stock fairings to know for certain. If this is a KSP limitation, it should be addressed in an upcoming patch.

What I propose is an additional attribute that gets applied whenever a part is encapsulated by a fairing. While encapsulated, RCS thrusters cannot fire, and solar panels, antennae, and ladders cannot deploy.

On the plus side, I have had issues with the stock fairings that have yet to occur with the KW parts. I've had the stock fairings deploy at odd times, usually while boosting my orbit in the upper atmosphere. There is no indication that the fairing overheated, it just opens up because it gets bored i guess.

Sizes, sizes... It seems to me, you all have never played with F.A.R. or N.E.A.R. Every extra centimeter of payload width give you a headache to balance in multistage launcher... And you oftenly NEED those centimeters, calling for small brainstorm every time.

I play with FAR and the limitations imposed by KW's fairings are exactly why I prefer non-procedural fairings. Cramming a payload into a fixed size is just another challenge.

I don't know if this is really allowed but I made a fix to allow the KW parts to work in 1.0

The only requirement is you have to have the latest kw release already in your gamedata directory.

Simply drop this file into your gamedata directory and let it overwrite your .cfg files

let me know if you have any problems, cheers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By3dGfWPuRSQYmxfUzRWOEt6c28/view

Edited by warranty45
Updated with a new link

I don't know if this is really allowed but I made a fix to allow the KW parts to work in 1.0

The only requirement is you have to have the latest kw release already in your gamedata directory.

Simply drop this file into your gamedata directory and let it overwrite your .cfg files

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6puqHDdBWSybmNlN2RNaTZocTg/view

This worked for everything except fuel tanks it seems. They still have problems with attaching to the bottom.

Pretty simple fix it would seem. Just swap the negative values so they are positive values.

node_stack_bottom = 1.5, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3

node_stack_top = 1.5, 3.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3

where it was

node_stack_bottom = 1.5, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3

node_stack_top = 1.5, 3.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3

Pretty simple fix it would seem. Just swap the negative values so they are positive values.

node_stack_bottom = 1.5, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3

node_stack_top = 1.5, 3.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3

where it was

node_stack_bottom = 1.5, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3

node_stack_top = 1.5, 3.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3

Are you sure about this? From what I'm reading, only the 1.0 value in node_stack_bottom* needs to be converted to negative. Who told you that the node_stack_top -1.0 value needs to be converted to positive? Anyway, I don't see any -1.0 values for node_stack_top in my cfg files...

Edited by Hardcard

Alright here is the updated link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By3dGfWPuRSQYmxfUzRWOEt6c28/view

I forgot I deleted KW Tanks to reduce part count, my bad

I'm not sure if fairings work, haven't tested it.

Edited by warranty45

Alright here is the updated link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6puqHDdBWSyeFNlMG11UWNtalk/view

I forgot I deleted KW Tanks to reduce part count, my bad

I'm not sure if fairings work, haven't tested it.

LOL, you beat me to it, I was going to upload the fixed "Fuel" folder but there's no need for me to do that anymore. Thanks anyway.

I'm going to correct KSPX and NovaPunch elements and post the fixes in the respective threads, thanks for helping me figure out why engines and tanks didn't want to stick, LOL

Edited by Hardcard

With the new tech tree system and stock parts being moved around, maybe KWs parts will need to be moved around a bit? Even though I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.

Balancing should be more of an issue. Atm KW is far too efficient compared to new stock.

LOL, you beat me to it, I was going to upload the fixed "Fuel" folder but there's no need for me to do that anymore. Thanks anyway.

I'm going to correct KSPX and NovaPunch elements and post the fixes in the respective threads, thanks for helping me figure out why engines and tanks didn't want to stick, LOL

Yeah no problem, I was going to upload Nova Punch I just hadn't gotten around to it. I have the files though

You can use Notepad ++ to change all the .cfg files at once to save you time

I took the liberty of editing @warranty45's fix. Parts have now been moved so they are more in line with the new tech tree structure in KSP 1.0. One unfortunate effect of 1.0 is that 5 meter tanks and engines are no longer visible, since the experimental rocketry node has been deleted. Not sure how to remedy that yet.

You can download the edited config files here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By3dGfWPuRSQOVRpVEV2U1o1SFU/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: @warranty45, I am not certain I got your latest set of changes incorporated. I should probably do a merge, but need to get a few hours of sleep first.

Edited by greystork

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6puqHDdBWSyeFNlMG11UWNtalk/view

thanks for doing this! going to personally mess around with the ISP's of engines so that they fit in with the new aerodynamics model I think, just tested them out and they feel a bit cheaty, its incredibly easy to get into orbit with them.

The OP said he's going to do some balancing when he has a chance so it may be best to just wait it out for that. I mainly did the fix so we could still pull our craft files over to 1.0

I'm going to take a look at all the balance things once my exams end, but until then you'll have to sit tight. Should be around the 12th or so next month.

greystork, let me know when you make that change and I'll update my link

I took the liberty of editing @warranty45's fix. Parts have now been moved so they are more in line with the new tech tree structure in KSP 1.0. One unfortunate effect of 1.0 is that 5 meter tanks and engines are no longer visible, since the experimental rocketry node has been deleted. Not sure how to remedy that yet.

You can download the edited config files here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By3dGfWPuRSQOVRpVEV2U1o1SFU/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: @warranty45, I am not certain I got your latest set of changes incorporated. I should probably do a merge, but need to get a few hours of sleep first.

Yeah no problem, I was going to upload Nova Punch I just hadn't gotten around to it. I have the files though

You can use Notepad ++ to change all the .cfg files at once to save you time

I've already posted all the modified NovaPunch cfg files in the NovaPunch thread (it took me nearly one hour to modify everything, LOL). I used Notepad++, as I usually do, but I don't know how to modify all the files at once, specially when they are in different folders and have the same names. I'll try to teach myself how to do it, I guess, thanks for uploading your KWRocketry files anyway.

EDIT: Ok, LOL, just figured it out...I could've done all the changes in under a minute instead of an hour using Notepad++' special search and replace features...Oh well, at least now I know, LOL

Thanks for the advice.

Edited by Hardcard

I've already posted all the modified NovaPunch cfg files in the NovaPunch thread (it took me nearly one hour to modify everything, LOL). I used Notepad++, as I usually do, but I don't know how to modify all the files at once, specially when they are in different folders and have the same names. I'll try to teach myself how to do it, I guess, thanks for uploading your KWRocketry files anyway.

EDIT: Ok, LOL, just figured it out...I could've done all the changes in under a minute instead of an hour using Notepad++' special search and replace features...Oh well, at least now I know, LOL

Thanks for the advice.

Sorry, I was pretty tired last night, I should've just sent you my modified files, could've saved you the hassle lol

greystork, let me know when you make that change and I'll update my link

Okay, here it is, with everything merged; sorry about the delay:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By3dGfWPuRSQYmxfUzRWOEt6c28/view

EDIT: Once this update has been applied, it will be necessary to move the KWRocketry folder out of GameData (to a safe place), start, then exit KSP (do NOT enter your saved game, or bad things will happen), and move the KWRocketry folder back into the GameData folder. Otherwise, parts won't get deleted from their previous locations in the tech tree. I am guessing that a version file will remedy those kinds of problems in the future, but since KW Rocketry doesn't come with one in its current state, we're stuck with having to do this.

MORE EDITING: For those who have not followed this thread for the last couple of pages, this update contains only the part config files. You will need to have the latest version of KW Rocketry already installed in your GameData folder before applying it. Simply copy the KWRocketry folder, contained in the ZIP file, into your GameData folder and allow it to overwrite all the existing part config files.

Edited by greystork