[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

I am really happy with this pack it doesn't need to be bigger or smaller if you don't like some things put a bit of effort in and remove them and customise it for yourself, if you want things bigger then use the tweakscale mod its not brain surgery.

I am really happy with this pack it doesn't need to be bigger or smaller if you don't like some things put a bit of effort in and remove them and customise it for yourself, if you want things bigger then use the tweakscale mod its not brain surgery.

Yeah that's a good idea. Those tiny little 5m parts are so puny :rolleyes:

No, doesn't need one. Works fine.

Yeaaaah, No it DOES NOT work fine, just tried it the attachment points are all over the [fluffy bunnies], they need to be reconfigured to show up in the new sort options, and the fairings themselves don't want to eject. Oh, and the fairings also freak out when you try to offset them.

NOT working fine.

(also, the clicking box for the fairings in the VAB are really really small, but that might be intentional)

Please update, please please please

@MarkTheRabidCat:

If you read back over the posts since KSP 0.90 was released, you'll see that most people are not having trouble with KW Rocketry. If you want help, you'll need to post the versions of every mod you have installed (preferably just KWR) as well as some other information requested in the How to Get Support sticky like your output log and a description of what actually happens.

well, i am indeed having an issue with the petal adapter not allowing me to decouple a lander after i dock with it, if i decouple both, fine, if i decouple the ship, dock it with the lander, and try to decouple it from the petal adapter it simply doesn't decouple, it acts as if i decoupled, as i can't control the petal adapter or anything, but doesn't let me take the lander away from the adapter...

and it's not a lander design issue, as i said, if i decouple both before docking, everything works fine and the very same lander goes out of it without a issue

When 0.90 first launched alot of people were having issues that a reinstall fixed right up.....try this first!

Have been using KW with KSP 0.90 and have had ZERO issues....nodes all in the proper spots, fairings working as they should....even used the petal adapter couple times without issue. Im also using ALOT of mods on a couple of my installs.

When 0.90 first launched alot of people were having issues that a reinstall fixed right up.....try this first!

Have been using KW with KSP 0.90 and have had ZERO issues....nodes all in the proper spots, fairings working as they should....even used the petal adapter couple times without issue. Im also using ALOT of mods on a couple of my installs.

I've been using KWRocketry in 0.90 since 0.25 without issue.

well, i am indeed having an issue with the petal adapter not allowing me to decouple a lander after i dock with it, if i decouple both, fine, if i decouple the ship, dock it with the lander, and try to decouple it from the petal adapter it simply doesn't decouple, it acts as if i decoupled, as i can't control the petal adapter or anything, but doesn't let me take the lander away from the adapter...

and it's not a lander design issue, as i said, if i decouple both before docking, everything works fine and the very same lander goes out of it without a issue

I'm pretty sure the petal adapter is just fiddly and has always been. IIRC there are specific usage instructions in the part description - are you following them exactly?

<me complaining and whining about stuff without trying to trouble shoot frist>

Ok, I"m running the Interstellar 0.90 fix, FAR (Farram Areospace), SCANsat, Remote Tech, Deadly Reentry, KAS (Kerbal Attachment System), Kerbal Alarmclock, TAC Life Support, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, and Active Texture Management on Basic mode.

I added KWRocktry recently, and am just running the default install with just the folder for gamedata and nothing from extras, as per the instructions (unless I read them wrong).

Whenever I use the fairings, in the VAB... well here's a thousand words

Somethings%20up%20with%20these%20attachment%20points.png?_subject_uid=383809435&w=AAB2sGynTgs2hjhFAqo6KIOsRKe09ehy9STwnb1bTBXoNA

And it's the same with all of the other sizes to, just, bigger.

The fairings also don't detach when I hit decouple, whether I hit it on the base or on the cone.

Everything else seems fine though, the fuel tanks and thrusters etc.

KWR I downloaded just yesterday and everything should be relatively up to date, I only downloaded them as of the last week.

And this is why I'm freaking out. Help?

(PS What makes the interstage adapters different from normal adapters?)

Edited by MarkTheRabidCat
Post Statement Curiousity!

Hi, I install only 3 parts of this mod.

One is the double engine named Maverick-1D with 350 thrust.

But I have one problem, even with active memory reduction, when I use this engine (I mean 12 engines like this in 3 first stage bossters "spacex style") my frame rate drops to 4 or 6.

If I use normal ksp engines (2 for each Maverick-1D that I remplace) I have less frame rate problems.

So I guess the problem is with the FX particle exhaust.

How can I tune it to improve performance?

PREFAB_PARTICLE

{

name = smoke1

prefabName = fx_smokeTrail_light

transformName = OldFXTransform

emission = 0.0 0.0

emission = 0.05 0.0

emission = 0.075 0.25

emission = 1.0 1.25

speed = 0.0 0.25

speed = 1.0 1.0

localOffset = 0, 0, 0

}

PREFAB_PARTICLE

{

name = smoke2

prefabName = fx_smokeTrail_light

transformName = OldFX2Transform

emission = 0.0 0.0

emission = 0.05 0.0

emission = 0.075 0.25

emission = 1.0 1.25

speed = 0.0 0.25

speed = 1.0 1.0

localOffset = 0, 0, 0

}

MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE

{

modelName = Squad/FX/ks1_Exhaust

transformName = FX2Transform

emission = 0.0 0.0

emission = 0.05 0.0

emission = 0.055 0.15

emission = 0.6 0.8

speed = 0.0 0.5

speed = 1.0 1.2

}

Any idea?

After I discovered ProceduralFairings, I kinda laugh at these now. So bad... plz remove.

So what you're saying, is since PF exists, KW fairings should be deleted. Sorry, but I dislike PF for that very reason, having to build around the fairings is more fun than having the fairings instantly adapt to what you build, but that is my preference, and you have yours. But there is no way you should try to force your preference onto others.

After I discovered ProceduralFairings, I kinda laugh at these now. So bad... plz remove.

Is not that KW fairings are bad, just that their size is arbitrary and doesn't fit common payloads and configurations.

Is not that KW fairings are bad, just that their size is arbitrary and doesn't fit common payloads and configurations.

I'm pretty sure the 1.25 and 2.5 KW fairings share a model. If I were modeling a 1.25 expanded fairing specifically, the lander can would be an obvious thing to check. But if I had already completed and tested the model at 2.5m scale, I could understand going with the shape I liked at 2.5 even if it was awkward with a couple of designs at 1.25.