[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

I'm having an issue to where the engines, fairings and RCS ports are activated in the VAB and won't connect to ships. This will ultimately lead to a crash.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/skyfire322/2014-12-19_00001_zps95cc4f4d.jpg

I fixed it by deleting TweakScale. Not sure if anyone else is having compatibility issues or not, but that seemed to do the trick for me.

Do really like using the KW, but seems it's not working properly now. Scrolled through half of the thread and found no resolution for shrouds problem. Proly, I've missed it. Could anyone point me to it?

Would be really nice to post such critical solutions in OP.

EDIT: sorry for a message in a hurry - some shrouds are working. Will try to fix the non working.

Edited by Horus

I think the sound of the gigant SRBs is somehow strange. You can clearly hear its looped, there is a very dominant sound of "speeding air" (i cant even describe it in my own language). Do you hear that, too?

Do really like using the KW, but seems it's not working properly now. Scrolled through half of the thread and found no resolution for shrouds problem. Proly, I've missed it. Could anyone point me to it?.

99% of the problems people have with fairings is because they installed the mod incorrectly. KWRocketry needs to be installed at the top level of your GameData folder in a folder named, "KWRocketry". Anything else will break things. Do not rename folders inside KWRocketry. It will break things.

Anyone else having problems with fairing separation?

Whenever I use struts to secure stuff to the fairings, when I want to open the fairing it will blow off and destroy everything inside.

Only time had that happen it was anther mod not playing nice but off hand don't remember what mod it was.

EDIT- Can you list your mods might ring a bell.

It already is but won't show up as 0.90 compatible as it has not been noted as 0.90 compatible in the meta data. If you toggle to view incompatible mods you will see it there.

ahh ok thank you :)

I need some help in using this mod efficiently:

1. Sometimes an engine appears to lower below the fuel tank - it still works but looks strange.

2. I'm not sure how to use the larger diametres correctly. I can't mount them sideways, the radial decouplers are not strong enough to hold larger parts and the KW Rocketry mod doesn't add extra radial decouplers? I wonder if e.g. the Thor Heavy Booster rockets are supposed to be a first stage? Whenever I try to mount them sideways they just tear the radial decoupler apart (I can't use more than one, it will always just connect to one decoupler which leads to unavoidable wobbling).