Big Oops

acolton33

Well at least he tried. Which is exactly NaN times more than my mission did so far. But I'm not cruel enough to strand someone in a toxic planet.

Now, you have to land a rescue and return ship to the same area of Eve. That is so much higher than my abilities (consider, though, that my skill level is 1/10 except for docking) and I'll wait to see if you can do it. Don't be discouraged I'm sure hundreds of players here can do it.

Given the low height of that landing spot (897ASL), unless there happens to be a cheeky little mountain nearby, that's going to be a hell of a rescue mission; you're looking at 10-11k dV just to get an Eve orbit, which is compounded by the fact that you're unable (probably) to utilise the remaining fuel in your original rocket.

Just curious, though, whether that LES might have an incredibly OP TWR (if it's the KSP X version?) which you could potentially use to maaaaaybe break orbit? It's very very doubtful, as you'd still need to get high enough using the rest of the rocket which seems a little underpowered to get it high enough to use it effectively..

Easiest way off Eve at sea level is to use Hooliganlabs balloons to lift your rocket up to 20km or more, its still far harder than from Kerbin and you need an TWR of 2.2 or better, using anything else than an seat is a no go in any case

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.