[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

Today after I installed the RealChute mod, I stocked at the loading screen where shows the game is currently loading “SDHI_ParaDock_1_ClampOTron†in the "Part" folder of SDHI. The problem disappeared after I removed the RealChute mod. Is that caused by conflicting between Realchute and SDHI, or it's because SDHI doesn't compatible with 0.24?

The temporary fix to this was just posted a couple of replies back....

Edited by DoubleOSeven1

Today after I installed the RealChute mod, I stocked at the loading screen where shows the game is currently loading “SDHI_ParaDock_1_ClampOTron†in the "Part" folder of SDHI. The problem disappeared after I removed the RealChute mod. Is that caused by conflicting between Realchute and SDHI, or it's because SDHI doesn't compatible with 0.24?

To recap what has been talked about repeatedly over the past few pages; SDHI's paradocks are not currently Real Chute compatible due to Real Chute's format having change with its last update. Stupid Chris has said this is something he's going to deal with but in the meantime, don't use those parts.

Or, you can try the temporary hack that I posted in the post right before yours that has a Module Manager patch that will make those parts use the stock chutes. They will work reliably with stock chutes, in as much as stock chutes are reliable in 0.24.

To recap what has been talked about repeatedly over the past few pages; SDHI's paradocks are not currently Real Chute compatible due to Real Chute's format having change with its last update. Stupid Chris has said this is something he's going to deal with but in the meantime, don't use those parts.

Or, you can try the temporary hack that I posted in the post right before yours that has a Module Manager patch that will make those parts use the stock chutes. They will work reliably with stock chutes, in as much as stock chutes are reliable in 0.24.

Thank you, probably I missed the post when I read the replies... I'll check it out

Hi, first, sorry for my weird english, im from Austria and my native language is german, so i have my problems to write or speak in english, but i will try to learn ist better :)

The necessary Firespitter Addon is quite cool but its very big and contains a lot of parts an after i installed the SDHI and the Firespitter it takes a looong tim to start KSP and it costs performance, its getting very laggy sometimes, i think this is because the many parts from the Firespitter are installed. So what can i delete from the Firespitter Addon and keep only the parts that will necessary to run the cool SDHI Service Modul?

Thx for your help and sorry if this question was already here, i tried to find an answer by my self for hours but i find nothing so i decided to register and ask here :)

Greetings, Gerry

Hi, first, sorry for my weird english, im from Austria and my native language is german, so i have my problems to write or speak in english, but i will try to learn ist better :)

The necessary Firespitter Addon is quite cool but its very big and contains a lot of parts an after i installed the SDHI and the Firespitter it takes a looong tim to start KSP and it costs performance, its getting very laggy sometimes, i think this is because the many parts from the Firespitter are installed. So what can i delete from the Firespitter Addon and keep only the parts that will necessary to run the cool SDHI Service Modul?

Thx for your help and sorry if this question was already here, i tried to find an answer by my self for hours but i find nothing so i decided to register and ask here :)

Greetings, Gerry

only the plugin itself. you can delete any or all of its parts

Sumghai just said on his Github that documentation, packaging, and release procedures are in full effect. TAC LS support will be coming later in a hotfix due to major changes with the last update, and incompatibility issues with 0.24.1.

Sumghai just said on his Github that documentation, packaging, and release procedures are in full effect. TAC LS support will be coming later in a hotfix due to major changes with the last update, and incompatibility issues with 0.24.1.

Oh snap could the release be imminent? Eeee now I'm all excite.

Any possibility of an update?
According to sum' date=' it should be sometime this weekend. TACLS support will be late, but the normal update should be out.

That is, if he loves us :D[/quote']

Oh snap could the release be imminent? Eeee now I'm all excite.

Yeah' date=' I'm definitely aiming for a release this weekend. My TODO list:

[s']- Set up a proper wiki on GitHub / Make a new assembly tutorial

- Update the promo artwork

- Write up the release notes

Edited by sumghai

V2.0 released - see first post for download link

[CODE]2.0          27 July 2014
---------------------------

Changes / Fixes:
- Compatibility Patch for KSP 0.24.x
- Native integration for Connected Living Space (CLS) API
- Parachute-equipped docking ports will allow crew passage if Ship Manifest is installed
- Native Deadly Reentry Continued support
- Heat shield will protect command pod during atmospheric reentry
- All other parts should burn up reliably when deorbited
- Native HotRockets! particle effects support for LV-909 Liquid Fuel Engine (Fairingless)
- Consolidated Service Module and Avionics Ring textures / subdirectories
- Native FAR support for Boost Protective Cover
- NOTE: When first installing FAR and/or SDHI, you must delete CustomFARPartClassification.cfg from your GameData\FerramAerospaceResearch\ folder in order for FAR to properly rebuild its part classification definitions to include the SDHI parts)
- Reduced docking port spotlight range and intensities, as they are not intended for general illumination
- Fixed Service Module rescaling bug that occurs on scene reload
- RealChutes 1.2.2.2 compatibility fix
- WARNING: This is a craft and save-breaking change; it is recommended you abort / recover existing SDHI craft before installing this update

Features:
- New Command Pod-Service Module Umbilical interface on Service Module and Avionics Ring
- Stock Mk1-2 Command Pod now has option to show / hide SDHI Umbilical port
- Umbilical will animate when decoupler is triggered
- Requires Starwaster's AnimatedDecouplers plugin
- Boost Protective Cover now has toggleable crew access hatch, compatible with FASA launch towers
- Opening the hatch allows Kerbals on EVA to board the command pod, while closed hatches prevent Kerbals from getting out
- Boost Protective Cover can now be adorned with mission flag / logo
- Self-inflating floatation collar built into Heat Shield
- Triggers automatically on splashdown to keep the pod afloat while awaiting recovery
- Requires dtobi's Klockheed Martian Special Parts plugins

I'm not entirely sure why, but I now have a serious craving for bacon...

Ooh 2.0. Though a bit concerned the service module won't look as good as a structural piece for space stations/larger craft now that it's got that clamp. But then it seems I'm the only one that uses it like that. Any chance of a service module trunk minus the avionics ring? I suspect such a piece would also be useful for pairing with that snazzy ATV core of yours.

Also a bit of KWR+SDHI Ares I action because why not.

EAC41566005B17F11509404B4FF1061F37B9FFCE

I've just installed this mod, however it seems that the Service Module doesn't have any actions associated... Neither in staging nor right click nor in the action groups section... Is it just me?

It never has, you need to assign them.

I am looking to see how i decouple the service mod from the heatshield. I have looked in the AG menu and with right click. If anyone can give me a hint, or better yet the answer, i would send many virtual beers....

thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.