Rovers and the new (0.22) SAS

Brotoro

I checked to see if the new SAS in version 0.22 responds to the rover-steering control keys as heading-changing input now.... it does! (Thank you, C7!)

I also checked to see if having the rover keys remapped to i,k,j,l would then cause a problem when using RCS in flight (i.e., would pressing j or l to translate using RCS also unlock your SAS heading because those happen to also be the rover steering keys)... there is no problem! When the ship is not on the ground, the rover steering keys are ignored as heading-change-input.

ADDENDUM:

Further testing shows that whatever algorithm is determining whether or not the rover is "on the ground" does not always work on the Mün (and, I suppose, other low-gravity bodies). When driving my rover on the Mün, the SAS will respond to my rover-steering keys as heading-changing input only intermittently.

Edited by Brotoro

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.