[1.4.3]ALCOR,"Advanced Landing Capsule for Orbital Rendezvous" by ASET (08/02/2017)

alexustas

@Alex: I'm wondering if this is the result of an addon conflict, or if you missed a bug...

iHGA6sMl.png

That's the custom Ship Info screen that comes with ALCOR in the pilot's upper left MFD. I should think the UT, MET, and Lat/Lon info should actually have values, rather than what I'm assuming are variable names.

At that point, I believe the ship in question had recently finished a burn for Minmus, but that should not cause that screen to behave that way.

Just had a sit in your pod. Pretty awesome IVA RPM setup. I`m glad we got chicken for dinner. I`ll be landing this places for sure.

I can`t seem to be able to turn around enough to EVA the pilot though. I can get the other two guys out with the black knob on the hatch but I can`t see that with the pilot.

Am I missing a way to get out?

I can`t seem to be able to turn around enough to EVA the pilot though. I can get the other two guys out with the black knob on the hatch but I can`t see that with the pilot.

Am I missing a way to get out?

Use this button

BQ0F3AA.png

On that note of just now noticing stuff, is that package supposed to say "PERSONAL STAFF" or "PERSONAL STUFF"? :P

It is possible, given the height-disadvantaged nature of our Kerbal brethren, that it should instead say PERSONAL STAFFS. Presumably any older Kerbal will need some assistance walking about on planetary EVAs; and perhaps they expect such staffs (I'm sure this should be staves) to break often -- so clearly an ample supply is needed.

Then again, your suggestion does seem a great deal simpler.

Also, in the name of correctness, you may wish to add two options to the poll in this thread:

1) I am a first-time ALCOR user with v0.8, but it seems responsive enough for me!

2) I am a first-time ALCOR user with v0.8, but it is not responsive enough for me. :(

Presumably any older Kerbal will need some assistance walking about on planetary EVAs

Now I have Texture Replacer installed, I kinda want to make a kerbal head that has grey thinning hair, grey stubble, wrinkly skin.. just so I can look at him and think 'poor guy.. I hope his staff is nearby so he can EVA easily..'

this mod is so awesome, I almost cannot believe its true!! Got it all working now and in total 30 mods installed (including all of the pretty textures ones). Little worried about ram usage but hell this looks nice. Thank you so much for this pod, no words would fit for your work!

Also, in the name of correctness, you may wish to add two options to the poll in this thread:

1) I am a first-time ALCOR user with v0.8, but it seems responsive enough for me!

2) I am a first-time ALCOR user with v0.8, but it is not responsive enough for me. :(

Well I am a first time user of ALCOR with 0.8 and I find it much more responsive than the standard RPM IVA monitors.

I`d have selected that box if it were there for myself.

This part is totally awesome! Your are a master in good Spacecraft Usabilty Design.

One question: is there an overview for the IVA ffunctions?

Some description what ALL the switches do? Most off them are self-descriptive, but for some -particular the RPM Monitors- an short explanation would be nice.

Most of the switches and knobs do nothing, aside from the stage lock, reserve lock, the buttons for the MFDs themselves, the various light buttons and switches, the Abort button under it's cover, the various SAS, RCS, Gear, Brake, etc switches also work. The ones for the various autopilot modes work as well, if you have the proper version of MechJeb installed. These buttons and witches allow you to activate various modes of MJ. The caveat is that you will still have to plan your maneuvers and so on using the MJ window, but once you have everything set up, there's switches to engage Ascent, Landing, and Docking autopilot modes of MJ.

Wait, what does reserve lock do?

"...Turns on all resources that were disabled by the player (for instance, by right-clicking on a monopropellant tank, and clicking on the small icon next to the tank's capacity to prevent it from being used). The button is 'on' when there is at least one resource whose flow was disabled."

More info about RPM Builtin actions

I just installed this module because so many people were complaining that my SCANsat did not work with it / RPM / SCANsatRPM, etc.

Regardless of all that...

ALCOR is a marvel at what can be done in this game. It's absolutely fantastic. I'm humbled by your capabilities in the various areas that you'd need to master to get this accomplished.

Bravo!

Great mod, but recently I've had lot's of NullReference errors when trying to use the pod (causing loads of lag) and just now I couldn't get into the pod or return to the VAB (or anything, it bugged out my game completely) So I don't know what is causing the problem, it might be the pod or it might be something else

zTH3iLc.png

Finally figured out my too-bright-IVAs issue: it was external light sneaking in -- from the MJ AR202 case.

Turns out, somehow, it's a light source. Still was even after I deleted the emissive map.

Switching to the touchsceen MJ case solved my woes.

I am getting an "Autopilot software not installed" error when trying to use MechJeb on any of the RPM displays.

I do have MechJeb 2.2.1 installed. I tried putting a MechJeb case on the lander with no success. I also tried adding the MechJeb module to the lander with no success. I also have the MechJebRPM.dll in the MechJeb2RPM folder.

Any ideas?

I am getting an "Autopilot software not installed" error when trying to use MechJeb on any of the RPM displays.

I do have MechJeb 2.2.1 installed. I tried putting a MechJeb case on the lander with no success. I also tried adding the MechJeb module to the lander with no success. I also have the MechJebRPM.dll in the MechJeb2RPM folder.

Any ideas?

i'm in the same boat, was just coming to check on info for this, i personally am using mechjeb2.2.1.0 build 238

Any ideas?

ah think i found the answer on page 91ish - it appears that the mechjebRPM.dll file is compiled expecting a specific build of mechjeb, namely the last official release, not the dev builds, since i'm using a dev build the RPM plugin is looking for a different DLL and breaking - i'm assuming youre using a dev build of mechjeb as well?

seems like theres only one things we can do to make mechjeb work in the capsule, go back to using the official 2.2.1.0 build of mechjeb, or wait for the next full release to come out and then RPM to be updated - i think i'll keep my dev build

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.