Magnifying Navball ingame by mouse scroll wheel

Hi there,

i think it would be quite usefull if you could magnify the Navball by hovering the mouse cursor over it and using the scroll wheel of your mouse to zoom or magnify at least the ball center in and out, while right click would reset the magnification.

With a magnified high resolution Navball it would be easy to keep these markers centered.:confused:

Often during long burns i find myself getting closer and closer to the display as my eyes getting dired staring on the Navball while trying to keep the blue node marker steady centered.

(i know you can enlargen the whole hud in the options, but dont want to fuzz around there all the time, besides i only care about the Navball)

Scroll wheel and right click would also be a nice way to use flight control trim. Trimming by hovering the curser over the respective lable and scroll wheel for trimming, right click to center.

In long burns, and I mean burns over 10 minutes long, it may be better to stick to the original direction instead of hunting the indicator. At least my interplanetary maneuvers are much more successful that way.

Even for normal burns I usually delete the maneuver halfway through the burn and rather watch the direct result.

also the navball needs indicators for targets that are not on the facing side (eg it becomes an arrow when not visible because it's more than 180° around)

Check Enhanced Navball plugin. It doesn't draw arrows, it just keeps the icon in the visible section until the other side icon becomes visible.

I would definitely like to be able to resize the entire navball display. It is convenient currently for not blocking much of the view, but inconvenient for trying to do maneouvres as it is too small to see detail easily. I now dock almost entirely using the navball to line up markers and close on the target. I can dock quicker than any of the plugins do it, and waste less mono. But the hunching over to see the tiny ball and markers and the eye strain is a problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.