Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

hi guys, I know about some known issues with remote tech dll. but I'm having one more.

when I go to tracking station the game completely freezes in black loading screen and the one way out is ctrl-alt-del and delete task. since this is happening, not crash logs has been created but I took a look at ksp.log one of these days and found this:

https://www./?jmgt4p3o9dq3ciu

to find the exactly moment I clicked on the tracking station search for [LOG 21:30:40.503]

I heard about some fix dll. maybe there is a solution for my case

thanks

Ok so i downloaded this Last week and have been playing around i have setted up 4 satellites around kerbin at 499 km high but is there any tutorials that explain Remote Tech 2 How to set up sattelites ?

Why am i loosing connection sometimes ,between satellites ?

If i could pick any mod which has caused me the most frustration in KSP its this one:

"100m from landing"

"75"

"50"

"25"

"10... Satalite has gone below horizon"

"lost contact with probe"

*Explosion*

"Duna Mission XXVII is a failure"

Fantastic mod though, very realistic =D

If i could pick any mod which has caused me the most frustration in KSP its this one:

"100m from landing"

"75"

"50"

"25"

"10... Satalite has gone below horizon"

"lost contact with probe"

*Explosion*

"Duna Mission XXVII is a failure"

Fantastic mod though, very realistic =D

I have learned to use the flight computer to prevent that from happening anymore.

my question is if i have more then one ant of the same could i edit the MultipleAntennaMultiplier so i can boots them and have them work as one??

i came across this as i was for some mod cleanups and was curious.

As well my flight computer will not work, i can't seem to get it to open.

Just finished moving today - every muscle in my body hurts from going up and down so many stairs so many times carrying boxes. Managed to hook up my fiber internet again and some cat6 wall cabling, so I'm ready to go.

And yes, this is the second time I've moved in two months - what luck huh?

my question is if i have more then one ant of the same could i edit the MultipleAntennaMultiplier so i can boots them and have them work as one??

i came across this as i was for some mod cleanups and was curious.

As well my flight computer will not work, i can't seem to get it to open.

Yes, change it from 0 to the multiplier for the antenna for a networked antenna boost. Did that on mine as well :)

As for the flight computer, it must be on a remote control pod with a data connection to mission control, ie a green flight computer icon and time delay display next to it. Took a few tries to figure that one out too.

I am planning my first unkerbaled mission to Moho, launch in about 7 days.

It will be an automated probe, doing some scansat- and kethane work and some science in orbit. I am also thinking about bringing a science rover and maybe even a small 4-sat-com-network down there.

Now I am not sure about the angle covered by the dishes.

What dish would you suggest to me, to use for my Moho-Mission for communication with kerbin?

Just finished moving today - every muscle in my body hurts from going up and down so many stairs so many times carrying boxes. Managed to hook up my fiber internet again and some cat6 wall cabling, so I'm ready to go.

Hopefully that doesn't need to happen again until it's your choice to do so, good luck at the new place.

I'm working on a new config to modify this for the RSS/RO mod bundle, but I have a few questions.

I looked through the antenna configs, and they all have

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}

which I guess overrides the stock

{
name = ModuleDataTransmitter

packetInterval = x
packetSize = x

packetResourceCost = x
requiredResource = ElectricCharge

DeployFxModules = 0
}

So what do those 3 things translate to in the game, and are the related to the in-game trasmission unit of "Mits"?

Yes, change it from 0 to the multiplier for the antenna for a networked antenna boost. Did that on mine as well :)

As for the flight computer, it must be on a remote control pod with a data connection to mission control, ie a green flight computer icon and time delay display next to it. Took a few tries to figure that one out too.

sweet!! thanks JeffreyCor

Looking at the Kerbol Wiki entry, it would appear that Moho orbits at approx 5Gm, and Kerbin orbits at approx 14Gm. So, the maximum distance the two could be from each other is around 20GM. Never mind the fact that moho would be blocked by Kerbol under those circumstances :) The dishes that most closely approximates is the commutron 88-88 at 40gm or Reflectron KR-14 rated for 60gm.

It will be an automated probe, doing some scansat- and kethane work and some science in orbit. I am also thinking about bringing a science rover and maybe even a small 4-sat-com-network down there.

What dish would you suggest to me, to use for my Moho-Mission for communication with kerbin?

Edited by Pondafarr

The Comm 88-88 works good 2 if you want something smaller.

Something is really missing... Why isn't there a timer in some corner of map view telling you in how much time connection will be lost. A communication area cone would also be nice but I beleive it doesn't exactly work that way...

Also, the antennas should automatically deploy or dishes (depending on what you have onboard) should automatically activate and set their target (control center as a priority) right before lossing contact, in order to save the probe.

One last thing, the exectute manoeuver command is great to be able to circulurize orbit after it losses signal. To that should be added a way to set the activation of an instrument onboard.

> Something is really missing... Why isn't there a timer in some corner of map view telling you in how much time connection will be lost.

Because that is very very difficult to calculate for what should be skill-based. A good robust network never loses connection.

Poor luck indeed,I haven't moved in over 28 years and I turned 31 yesterday

I was rather thinking at the beginning, when you have to set up the network or when you expand it to another planet

You can easily tell this with Mech Jeb or probably KER as well. For distance based loss of signal just set Kerbin as your target. If you lose connection because your sats are going behind Kerbin, then you've got a problem to fix.

Go with the widest-angle dish that has sufficient range (in this case, the communotron 88-88). The narrower the angle, the farther you need to get from Kerbin before you can point the antenna at the planet and be guaranteed to have a satellite in the cone. While all the planets -- even Eve and Duna -- are far enough away that it's not a problem, the minimum range can cause trouble when you need to do course corrections.

With the Communotron 88-88, you'll need to manually point the antenna at a specific satellite until you get about 5.7 million km away from Kerbin (assuming your interplanetary-capable comsats are in kerbostationary orbit).

Edited by Starstrider42
Math error

The only thing that I think remote tech 2 currently needs is a data storage tank/device(have one on a command station that isn't KSC so you can send data to that when you don't have a connection to KSC and the station can send the data to KSC when it has a connection) or a way to take data from a command pod somewhere on the network and send it to another command pod(if you do this would it be possible to also make it so you can send non-command pod experiments like mystery goo). But besides that a great and challenging mod especially when also using tac life support.

Edited by hpf

I’m pretty much happy with current RT implementation. Along with FAR, Deadly Reentry and TAC life support, it is must have mod for the KSP. However I found actual time delay and more importantly antenna alignment sometimes is very tedious. Especially when you decouple the probe or lander you have to re-adjust your satellite network to support it. Some of this shuld be automated such as probes will search for any available connection in range themselves. That will improve gameplay and spare us from the probes lost to wrong antenna alingment. I think it is challenging enought to keep up with signall lost due to connection occlusion and loss of power. If the author consider that it will simplify the game too much than it shuld be available as an option in cfg. Same with local control station I would like to be able control the lander or probe from the mothership with crew less than 6 it put too much on TAC life support for long term missions.

ghost thats why u have interplanatary com relays. to build a good network u have to have some sats pointing at other sats to have good connetion wise

I have, but when there is a dosen of comsats and other craft around it is become tedeous we shuld at least have a com network view mode so I can uplink the satelites without switching to them but rather just point and click. Some warning that craft is closing to it's maximum antenna range would be also nice.

I have been having this issue from the time, "Craft Duplication" from the first moment I upgraded to .23.

here is a thread I found on it, and it looks like it is related to Remote Tech 2 http://steamcommunity.com/app/220200/discussions/0/648814845129548789/

is anyone working on this issue, as I understand that the issue is coursing a lot of issue for a lot of users, and myself included.