Kerbal City 2000?

AstroRick

I know I am not crazy. I swear that at least one track of music in the VAB is from SimCity 2000. Has anyone else noticed this?

You're not crazy. I made that connection when I first played the game as well many months ago. I never looked into it more though. It seemed like a nice nod of the head to a king of simulation.

KSP OST:

SC4+RH OST:

Also this

http://youtu.be/P03jShg-5Q4

Closest similarities are in these tracks IMHO.

Edited by Arsonik

I think the similarities are superficial at best. Sure simcity had this nu-jazz or fusion thing going on with some ambient but besides KSP also having some jazz(y) tracks and ambient they're not that alike, just done in similar broad sub-genres.

I think the similarities are quite strong in many instances... but the production value of the SC4 Rush Hour tracks are way better then anything in Kerbal. I'm not suggesting that SC4 was any sort of inspiration to Harv when producing the KSP music. I'm not knocking it either, I love the KSP OST so far. Anyways, not much to actually discuss kerbal related in this topic. But I did vibe with the OP because it was a feeling I got the first time I played Kerbal. The Diablo 2 and Sim City 4 Rush Hour soundtracks are the only games whose music I've enjoyed enough to listen to on youtube from time to time. And I've played hundreds of games. So thats kudos to the devs of KSP really for having music that is on par. I believe the soundtrack can really make or break a game in many aspects.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.