Starbound

EuSouONumero345

After Terraria's great update(1.2, then 1.2.1, then 1.2.1.2, then 1.2.3.1, etc), Starbound's beta will be released in 4th December(this year!!!!!!!!!!!)

In my opinion, this will be the greatest indie game in 2013, and of course I would love to play this game, the only problem is..................it's coming after too many waiting, the developer had enough time for an simple alpha, but everyone was waiting forever only for a beta that is coming in three stages and the first one coming in this year will have bugs,it's like an alpha with another name, still, it will be a good game to play, only because it has musical instruments that can sing "Still Alive" in a spaceship(which is absolutely awesome, should be a feature in KSP) soooooooooo, this is the end of a bunch of random thoughts inconveniently together, but if you clicked, was an accident or you clicked because you thought you would see some amazing things related to this game, but now, what do you think about this game, after seeing all the images and videos and daily updates, will this game be in your "will-play" list? Or when you discovered it, or if you only saw some info about it in this thread, or if you're thinking "Oh god stop writing things about a game everyone knows".

Edited by EuSouONumero345
MORE RANDOM THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poured 8+ hours into it today. It plays a lot like Terraria, but I've been having to break some habits I picked up there.

Learned early on that a well-built home on each planet is unnecessary: just have a bed near the transport point, and carry everything else around with you. Also, don't build a mineshaft: the cave systems on each planet are numerous and often deep.

Anyone else playing?

Played a couple of hours of it last night.

Certainly died a lot more than in Terraria. Finding the need to stay near light sources at night a bit of a pain too. Overall though, I'm enjoying it so far.

Sunk 3 hours into it today, not much but enjoyed it so far, but judging buy what everyone's saying I think it may be time to up sticks and start digging elsewhere, I'm stuck (as such) on the Rescue beacon questy-thing finding iron (6/30). I've got a hostility level 1 forest moon, a level 6-8 (can't remember) desert, and a level 1 inhabited desert with a city, all orbiting a gas giant.

That boss is ridiculous unless you have either a decent gun or some advanced armor. Once I finish my silver set, I'm gonna give it another shot, but until then, I'm exploring for dungeons.

I've found a pair of Glitch castles, an Avian tomb, and what looks like a Floran prison. Tons of loot in each, though mostly pixels.

Don't die. Die and you're dead. Don't turn around, don't look back and don't DIE,good luck

Seriously, you don't wanna die too often in this game, you will loose all your pixels, like me and now I'm travelling through space searching for a good amount of Pixels and maybe some ores, or weapons.

I found silver on a planet only because there was a flat area with a giant anchor, and of course I decided to explore it, and found a HUGE "pirate flying ship", they had enough weapons to kill me instantaneously, but they were "harmless", but then, everything changed, they found me stealing their loots, and then they killed me, but I got enough resources and a tech point.

Well, the pixel loss has been ~35% per death before todays update ... now it has been toned down to IIRC 20%.

But yes, it is better not to die :D

Fortunately above ground the teleport to your spaceship might help, getting out of grave danger (I once teleported during a fall from several stories .. would have ended deadly if I had collided with the ground :D )

Aside from this, the underground has some epic structures (even on the level 1 starting planet) ... like huge caverns, or tombs deep beneath (haven´t reached the Lava on the starting planet yet .. and I am already so deep there, that I need eternities to get down, thereby going down several of aforementioned huge caverns [where it can be deadly when you miss one of your self created platforms [the cavern itself, before you come, has no platforms ... just a vast nothingness]]).

Also with the update, we have a new armor set ... the snow soldiers armor ... it is crafted from leather ... it looks like the armor or of the rebel soldiers on Hoth, in Star Wars V ... and it provides much better armor than silver (13 armor, 19 heat retention)

You can actually teleport anywhere the background wall is removed; I made it to my ship from an underground prison, saved me at least 1k pixels from impending death.

Why would you even make the silver armor if the new armor is so much better and easier to make? That's crazy.

You can actually teleport anywhere the background wall is removed; I made it to my ship from an underground prison, saved me at least 1k pixels from impending death.

Why would you even make the silver armor if the new armor is so much better and easier to make? That's crazy.

According to the official forum, the snowtrooper armor is nerfed again with the next patch (that may already be out or come tomorrow ... haven´t checked yet) ...

I am afraid that means a big drop in armor value for it :(

Hm, that sucks. I just read through the changelog and there were a number of important changes: bandages can be made directly from plant fibers (finally), ores are spawning differently (I take it that they're more common than they were before), and you can't teleport from underground anymore. The last one is a bummer, but teleporting through a window was pretty cheesed to begin with.

There was a request to make silver ore more obvious from cobblestone, so maybe I'll have more luck finding it.

I accidentally summoned the UFO boss without knowing what it did. I died. By penguin. Now I must start again. All the ores! GONE! Oh well. Where do i get guns from by the way? I've killed many a hunter-dude but no-one drops guns.

Everyone but me has this :(

Get it in 2-3 days ...

according to announcements, the next update will make previous savegames incompatible.

Already now there is a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth on the Steam forums because of this :D

I accidentally summoned the UFO boss without knowing what it did. I died. By penguin. Now I must start again. All the ores! GONE! Oh well. Where do i get guns from by the way? I've killed many a hunter-dude but no-one drops guns.

There are weapon merchants that sell them in Alpha, and I believe they drop in Beta world dungeons. Haven't found one myself, and when I do, that damned Penguin Carrier is gonna pay for what it did to me.

I've been playing this and so far have not liked it. I've gotten 3 silver ore. 3. I need ONE more ore. And can I geet it in the previous 3 hours? Nope.

Try another planet. Just spent an hour on a Moon-type planet and found a few dozen silver without much effort.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.