[Spoiler] Easter Egg Stocktake 1.1.3 Done

MalfunctionM1Ke

Man, landing on Tylo sucks bad. I tried to land near the Cave (40.2 , 174) a dozen times and when i finally touched down safely I had to walk my Kerbal for 12km...

So I locked my Keys with a Paperclip and went Shopping ;)

FYI - you can physics time-warp (the 4x one) while walking. Usually. Not sure about the weird terrain / gravity on Tylo though.

I did Dweller, but when I did, my Rocket fell over behind me because of the stupid landing legs collapsing :(

Yeah, that's right. I had a plane parked on a hill and time warped while walking and the plane skidded down to the bottom of the hill very fast. Didn't blow up though. Lucked out there. So, if you're in range of any ships, probably not a good idea to physics time warp on the ground. It is funny when you do get it to work though.

Yeah, that's right. I had a plane parked on a hill and time warped while walking and the plane skidded down to the bottom of the hill very fast. Didn't blow up though. Lucked out there. So, if you're in range of any ships, probably not a good idea to physics time warp on the ground. It is funny when you do get it to work though.

I can only hope, that this will be fixed soon, otherwise I look for the CFG and "weld" them like they were before ;)

Is it not possible to say something like `if terraindetail=whatever set monolith height to X`? so that things (maybe even bases) would sit on the ground whatever the ground detail?

Maybe it was that way, but because they overhauled the Terrain on Kerbin, Mun and Duna, the ground swallowed them.

That was my Intention to Point out the Easter Eggs that are not visible anymore.

But I cant say what happened to sagans face on tylo. That rocks surface has not changed since a Long time. Maybe it disappeared along with the Magic Boulder :/

Will you explore Tylo's cave formation? It's another Tylo Easter Egg. Don't know where it is, though.

EDIT: Should've checked the main post. But what about the Moholes? :B

Already done. Look for Tylo in the First-Post :)

Moholes are ... erm... in the making... somehow...

Actually I got a Lander and a Transfer ship in Orbit around Moho which both ran out of Fuel. I probably have to redesign my Long-Range-Refueler to bring them some Juice ;)

The Rovertracks on Minmus have been mapped by the way. But I had to hurry to get to work so I couldnt upload them anymore.

hey, I was trying to find the kraken and after failing for hours i looked for coordinates. I arrived at the ones in your post, which are corroborated by other sources.. and no Kraken? is it possible my settings for graphics are causing a problem? or a glitch perhaps? or am I missing something... I'm at 68 north and 242 west approx. any help would be awesome

hey, I was trying to find the kraken and after failing for hours i looked for coordinates. I arrived at the ones in your post, which are corroborated by other sources.. and no Kraken? is it possible my settings for graphics are causing a problem? or a glitch perhaps? or am I missing something... I'm at 68 north and 242 west approx. any help would be awesome

Hey Sod,

actually I have found it everey time like I described in the first post. Look for the Big Crater on Bops flank, pitch the camera to the northpole and on the valley a litte south of it, thats where you will find the kraken :)

Note that the post about the Kraken lists the coordinates: 68.2, 118.4, even though the images show: 68 25' 29"N, 242 57' 48"W.

Try looking at 118.4 in your coordinates.

The coordinates I had for it are: Latitude: 68.44168 N Longitude: 117.048314 E

There's another Easter Egg on Kerbin that you've missed (it's more of a texture like Sagan Face than a physical egg). Actually, I'm not sure I've seen it mentioned anywhere. ;) Just checked up on it and I can confirm it's still where I first found it.

(Edit: Or perhaps not. Just my mind at work?)

Edited by Cydonian Monk

There's another Easter Egg on Kerbin that you've missed (it's more of a texture like Sagan Face than a physical egg). Actually, I'm not sure I've seen it mentioned anywhere. ;) Just checked up on it and I can confirm it's still where I first found it.

well there is the smiley face under the water... but you need ISAMAPSAT to see it and that hasn't been updated in quite a while. Or do you mean something different?

well there is the smiley face under the water... but you need ISAMAPSAT to see it and that hasn't been updated in quite a while. Or do you mean something different?

Or SCANsat (find it under Add-on Development). SCANsat Would benifit all you egg hunters greatly. Not only can you scan from orbit but his "BTDT Scanner" (been there done that) is designed specifically for the Easter eggs. Using it was how I finally found the minmus monolith.

I mean something much different, though there may be faces involved. (Very late edit: Though after checking out some other ground textures around the "site", I'm going to blame pareidolia... sorta. I still see /something/ in this, but I'm not sure what. It's clearly some sort of texture repetition thing.)

Edited by Cydonian Monk
3AM.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.