Surpass the pad

Ok, here\'s something i\'ve been working on, and what the challenge is you have to make a space craft bigger then the launch pad and reach space. Now there are two way to do this use a lot radical decouplers or you can do true size and just connect hundreds of a rocket together.

Rules are simple make a ship larger then the pad, but without directly connecting rockets and the rocket must reach space (about 100km). And mods are allowed but no editing to make super parts.

There an what I have to give you an example, note this need 180 struts to keep it from falling apart and only can reach 11km

screenshot4.png

screenshot2.png

screenshot1.png

Oh wow isnt this a troll challenge? All you have to do is make a plate of thrusters.

Sigh.

Ok, here\'s something i\'ve been working on, and what the challenge is you have to make a space craft bigger then the launch pad and reach space.

Oh wow isnt this a troll challenge? All you have to do is make a plate of thrusters.

Sigh.

Reaches 100km in 1:18, Timmy. Care to do the same?

Besides, if it was purely a construction challenge, the time I enclosed the tower in stock boosters probably wins. :P

Reaches 100km in 1:18, Timmy. Care to do the same?

Besides, if it was purely a construction challenge, the time I enclosed the tower in stock boosters probably wins. :P

Construction challenge yes, because it\'s not as easy as it sounds since to make it work you need to attach everything together or else it just falls apart before launch. I have over 40 struts and My ship still falls apart.

Because your building wide here, yet have to make a ship that still works, which requires a massive amount of support. So it\'s like building a sky scraper but horizontally on the side of a cliff, not really easy.

Heres what I mean and it still falls apart even with 75+ struts holding it together

Construction challenge yes, because it\'s not as easy as it sounds since to make it work you need to attach everything together or else it just falls apart before launch. I have over 40 struts and My ship still falls apart.

Because your building wide here, yet have to make a ship that still works, which requires a massive amount of support. So it\'s like building a sky scraper but horizontally on the side of a cliff, not really easy.

Heres what I mean and it still falls apart even with 75+ struts holding it together

As long as there is no restriction to how many struts you can endlessly pile on them (they weigh nothing) then I don\'t see a point.

Its like those mobile app bridge building games, except in sandbox mode. I can\'t wait for tycoons and money to be put through all of this ;)

As long as there is no restriction to how many struts you can endlessly pile on them (they weigh nothing) then I don\'t see a point.

Its like those mobile app bridge building games, except in sandbox mode. I can\'t wait for tycoons and money to be put through all of this ;)

It\'s not as easy as it sounds because you have to support the weight of many engines that have to be held off the ground and that puts a lot of strain on the entire structure, and only more so with each engine added which is needed to reach space. So you have to hold something together thats trying it\'s best to fall apart

I\'m really not seeing the difficulty here.

Ivankesja_challenge_0.png

Ivankesja_challenge_1.png

(Of course, the Kerbin atmosphere has a well defined cutoff at ~69 km...)

Oh wow the fuck, I was just about to post mine (it was easy enough with boosters, but I finally came around the PURPLE FRICKIN LIGHT), but then i realised boosters were never the part you were restricted to. :\'(

You have good eyes man. I think mods should lock this now ::)

I\'m really not seeing the difficulty here.

Ivankesja_challenge_0.png

I don\'t know why but for some reason in that picture now when i look at the launch pad it seems weird, like the bottom section was stretched.

Also come on make it hard not easy, because whats the point in a challenge if you take it easy

I don\'t know why but for some reason in that picture now when i look at the launch pad it seems weird, like the bottom section was stretched.

Also come on make it hard not easy, because whats the point in a challenge if you take it easy

Its under the rules, you gave us the rules. He followed the rules. Gotta review everything you put on the internet :thumbup:

If you\'re asking about the lines, that\'s either because I have the graphics at minimum, or because this is an old video card that was not designed for gaming. As for apparent stretching, I guess because of the angle of my camera, and because the pad\'s base is wider than the top?

If you want a revised challenge (boosters only?), I\'m up for it.

Its under the rules, you gave us the rules. He followed the rules. Gotta review everything you put on the internet :thumbup:

Does this make me a Spinagon, or something?

You have good eyes man. I think mods should lock this now ::)

I think the mods should lock you.

How strange, that you only say you were about to post a.completed challenge after somebody else did one first.

Here, let\'s make things interesting. Just how wide of a stock ship can make it off the pad and into space? Extra points for being heavy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.