I want to get a gaming steering wheel and pedals, but which ones?!

Pingonaut

I'm really interested in driving games, but there are so many steering wheel and pedals to choose from. I know I want it to be able to be used on PC and xbox360, but that's all I know. I can't afford anything too expensive, but I also don't want to buy a crap one that will poop out after a couple of months. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

- Pingo

Well... After a couple of run-ins with cheap wheels, I'd say go Logitech. They are in the middle of the price range, last time I checked, and they do not spike out after two weeks of use. Besides, Logitech was making mice and other stuff before it was cool : )

As for pedals (same brand of course), try to stretch the budget and get metal ones. Plastic just doesn't work, unless you are good with repairs and are willing to do it every month or so.

Just my 2m/s : )

The G25 and G27 from Logitech are about the only ones worth their price. Logitech has rock solid quality so if you can grab a G25 grab one, if not save up for the G27. Others may be good but im not familiar enough with them to recommend them.

Looked them up, and man I can't believe the price. I thought they'd be the same as an average controller, and the price was just high. Guess that's the normal price. Gonna have to wait for that.

edit: Another question, would it be worth buying the G27 and a Track IR if I plan on playing games where they can be used? I can afford it, but I don't want to spend over $300 if it isn't worth it. I'm disabled, so I do spend a lot of time on games, simulator or not.

Edited by Pingonaut

I personally don't like Track IR for driving games, I found it disorienting. It is very good for flight sims, I think pretty much everyone agrees on that.

There is a cheaper alternative to Track IR, if you don't mind building it yourself - an open source hardware\software project - I can't remember the name but a search should turn it up for you.

It's a shame you live in the US and I live in Spain because I'm actually selling my G25 to help fund an attack helicopter simpit...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also looking for a wheel, and found a Thrustmaster Ferrari racing wheel on tiger direct. I bought it, but shortly after it was sold out and the order was canceled :(

So, I came here, looking, and I thought G25! GREAT! But thats sold out too, anywhere not sold out?

..Else I'll have to save up... a lot, for the G27.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.