[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

i did some more testing and you are right but now i have another question.... how i keep liquidoxygen below 183c ?
The white sheet radiators located in the science tab. Make sure you put enough on your craft and make sure that you generate enough EC. For optimal use you should use cryogenic tanks (They're better insulated). The big orange tank from stock is cryogenic among others.

You can also just ignore the whole evaporation issue and make sure that you do all your burns in the first few days of your mission. LOX and LH2 boiloff is pretty slow, so if you go on a trip to the moon you shouldn't worry about too much boiloff. If you plan to go interplanetary and you want to do big burns at your destination it might be better to stick to hypergolic fuels like MMH-N2O4.

A better looking solution would be to use zzz's radiator with the radiator patch that I posted way back during the pleistocene era.

@PART[radiator1]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleHeatPump]]:FINAL
{
@mass = 0.025
MODULE
{
name = ModuleHeatPump
heatTransfer = 50
heatDissipation = 5000
RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.01666667
}
}
}

Actually, that doesn't look like the original that I posted, so if it acts up then change it to match RF's builtin heatpump module

Turns out my problem is related to an old Realfuels.cfg, specifically the one for ECLSS life support that I got from the realismoverhaul thread.

Seems the same .cfg is still up now. I find it hard to believe that I'm the first one to notice it no longer works, can anybody else verify it's not working?

Ahah! That would do it. Yes, I merged ECLSS_RF into RF. But it does point out a vulnerability, which is being addressed (duplicate tank definitions kill the dictionary).

I am know home, although I managed to take a sidewalk to the knee, so I will be getting back up to speed and hope to have v6.x working with EI (and whatever else swamp_ig hasn't fixed already ^_^ ) quite soon. Apologies.

I'm getting some sort of a compatibility error when using real fuels with the procedural parts. For some reason, whilst all functionality of RF is as it should be, having them together partially breaks PP. I can stretch the tanks (length and width) but the function to swap out textures and manipulate the tank (ie. make it cone, spherical etc) no longer appears in the tweakables menu. Each mod works fine separately, and i'm only getting this problem with realfuels (spent 25 mins swapping out mods one to one to find culprit of breaking). Any input on the matter?

------------ ignore above

Edited by Jaybtlr
found other mods that similarly break functionality.... will investigate

I'm getting some sort of a compatibility error when using real fuels with the procedural parts. For some reason, whilst all functionality of RF is as it should be, having them together partially breaks PP. I can stretch the tanks (length and width) but the function to swap out textures and manipulate the tank (ie. make it cone, spherical etc) no longer appears in the tweakables menu. Each mod works fine separately, and i'm only getting this problem with realfuels (spent 25 mins swapping out mods one to one to find culprit of breaking). Any input on the matter?

Please post your output_log.txt file (or player.log if using MacOS or Linux)

To find this file:

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

The the massive question is do you have the newest version of both. I'm pretty sure I've seen this exact thing happen with having the newest PP but v5.3 of RF.

I will say that a big bug fix for RealFuels will be released soon, and hopefully clear up some nastiness that has been happening.

The the massive question is do you have the newest version of both. I'm pretty sure I've seen this exact thing happen with having the newest PP but v5.3 of RF.

I will say that a big bug fix for RealFuels will be released soon, and hopefully clear up some nastiness that has been happening.

Given that he edited his post directing us to 'ignore above', I'd say his issue is corrected.

Given that he edited his post directing us to 'ignore above', I'd say his issue is corrected.

I thought maybe that too...but under reason for the edit says "found other mods that similarly break functionality.... will investigate" telling me...it's not, he just isn't sure what is causing it yet...kudos to him for actually trying to fix it himself..

I thought maybe that too...but under reason for the edit says "found other mods that similarly break functionality.... will investigate" telling me...it's not, he just isn't sure what is causing it yet...kudos to him for actually trying to fix it himself..

Well good for him then. I hope he doesnt keep it to himself though

CoffeeIndustries Jetliner and Cargo Planes parts pack wetwings config:

@PART[planeWingS*]:AFTER[FERRAMAEROSPACERESEARCH]:NEEDS[REALFUELS]
{
!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {}
!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 600
type = Structural
}
}

Any suggestions for volume with the new v6? Here is the part pack in question. Currently I have the same values for swept and straight wings, though perhaps the swept wing should be slightly less

Any suggestions for volume with the new v6? Here is the part pack in question. Currently I have the same values for swept and straight wings, though perhaps the swept wing should be slightly less

Not about the volume (not familiar with the pack) but all caps mod/dll names? Did Module Manager suddenly become case insensitive? I guess that would be a good thing for file/folder names but I'm not aware of that having been done...

... but all caps mod/dll names? Did Module Manager suddenly become case insensitive? I guess that would be a good thing for file/folder names but I'm not aware of that having been done...

*shrug* I wasn't sure, initially, how the mods identified themselves for MM so I looked in the ksp.log and just copy/pasted from there

[LOG 01:53:40.767] [ModuleManager] :BEFORE[FERRAMAEROSPACERESEARCH] pass

And I did link to the pack so people could see the wing models

*shrug* I wasn't sure, initially, how the mods identified themselves for MM so I looked in the ksp.log and just copy/pasted from there

[LOG 01:53:40.767] [ModuleManager] :BEFORE[FERRAMAEROSPACERESEARCH] pass

And I did link to the pack so people could see the wing models

yes but I didnt get to peruse it in depth.

Not about the volume (not familiar with the pack) but all caps mod/dll names? Did Module Manager suddenly become case insensitive? I guess that would be a good thing for file/folder names but I'm not aware of that having been done...

No, but it works harder if you shout at it :)

Edit: note also that you can use top level GameData folder names in NEEDS/BEFORE/AFTER ect now also.

Edited by swamp_ig

Sorry to bother, but what am I missing here? I can't find the option for utilization?(not in game or in any settings or in the readme how to enable it since it is now labeled as optional) Haven't been sleeping much lately...

I think I know what you are talking about, but some more detailed information is necessary. At one point, if I remember correctly, there was a slider in the VAB/SPH editor when right clicking a part for utilization. Is this what you are referring to? I don't see it now with the new version of RF either.

I think I know what you are talking about, but some more detailed information is necessary. At one point, if I remember correctly, there was a slider in the VAB/SPH editor when right clicking a part for utilization. Is this what you are referring to? I don't see it now with the new version of RF either.

That exact thing, yes.