Share your rockets

[move][glow=red,2,300]Welcome to the rocket thread. Feel free to share your rockets with a screenie, a .craft, and optionally some stats.[/glow][/move]

I'll start.

I am heavy rockets guy, and this is my rocket:

sasharocket.jpg

It costs 400 thousand dollars to fuel this rocket for 12 seconds

Tried launching Sasha. As it loads, it never gets off the pad. I moved the unobstructed solids to the first stage so they'll fire immediately, and that did make it move... it wobbled sideways off the pad then fell over and exploded. Is there some special trick to this?

Tried launching Sasha. As it loads, it never gets off the pad. I moved the unobstructed solids to the first stage so they'll fire immediately, and that did make it move... it wobbled sideways off the pad then fell over and exploded. Is there some special trick to this?

Did you check to be certain that the combined thrust of the firing first stage engines exceeds the combined weight of the entire vehicle? It's not going to lift off if it can't lift its own weight from the pad!

OBV(H)-1 (I make stupid acronyms because I can't come up with a name) is my first heavy rocket. On the first flight it inserted the upper stage with an almost full tank of fuel into an orbit with an apogee of 600 kilometers and perigee of 380 km.

obvh.jpg

Heres my current best rocket, well besides it heaving itself over to the right for about 5KM. The 'Holy Sh**(< because forums) Mk II' Its named as such since I was showing my friend KSP on Livestream and the original of the series started oscillating like crazy and plowed into the ground and we both uttered that statement. The Mk III is a disaster and I'm working on a Mk IV that uses Sunday Punch's fancy new rockets.

RxkB7.jpgmTgXE.jpg

Here's my best rocket so far, has 10 stages, uses 3x 3 boosters and 3 engines, the 3 engines burn constantly and they have 4 fuel tanks, the 2nd pair of boosters can be used while the 1st ones are still on, same for the 3rd pair of boosters. It's reaching 4500 m/s before it runs out of fuel.

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/spa-rood/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/

saturn4-liftoff.png

saturn4-stage2.png

saturn4-stage3.png

saturn4-stage4.png

saturn4-1hour.png

The Featherweight II is a masterpiece of precision engineering: Featuring 12 double tanked thrusters on the initial stage, 2 acceleration stages, and a hi-capacity control engine for the command pod. This machine is fully computer controlled so all the pilot must do is engage the stabilizing system and launch. Any exo-atmospheric destination is quickly reached with the craft's 5130 m/s maximum speed. The future of kerbaled space flight is here, and it begins with the Featherweight series of space craft.

*warning, chute systems may not function

screenshot10vb.png

screenshot14y.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.