International Eve Base, Accepting new builders!

panzerknoef

NOTE!: A small "hiccup" in the forums caused this thread to be deleted together with 2 others, any last minute posts that i possibly haven't yet read should be reposted as soon as possible. I appoligize for the inconvience and hope this thread will just go on! Pictures will be reuploaded as soon as i can do so.

We have a logo now! thanks to jpvalery, be sure to check out his site: www.jpvalery.com !

9HJz60s.png

Hello, I am starting a new project here and now, and I hope that many people will join in the fun! The project is to start a base wich is then downloaded by people, expanded and then uploaded to this post again. the next person will download that file etc. I think this could be a very nice project and I hope that you think the same about it. The base right no is pretty big since it's not a actually a new project anymore, but actually a revived thread that was swallowed by the forums.

And don't forget to upload pics of expansions you've made. And also give a part count of your module, this allows for better planning of the sub-bases (more info about the sub-bases can be found in this thread). This thread is not only ment for the KSP pro's, but for everyone who plays the game!

Base 1 is at a pretty high latitude so if you want to make it without using tons of fuel, changing your inclination on a highly eliptical orbit is the best

As for the orbital station, it just works as it always does, you dock up your module and done! For the station i am gonna imply a 100 part limit to somewhat prevent lagg

Mission report about your modules etc can be posted here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60831-IEB-Mission-Reports%21

I would really enjoy it if you posted your reports there!

Latest version of the Base:

Base 1 (the more challenging one)

Sub-base 1 [FULL]

Yvwd1cN.png

a pic of the plane just in case:

f7VpUnI.png

second sub-base:

screenshot89_zpsa5d733de.png

Location of Base 1:

jysbuQC.png

Base 2 (the equatorial one):

HHcL26C.png

location of base 2:

rUDjAqd.png

Violet Space Station, orbiting 200km above eve's surface

SbfHtZh.png

Gilly outpost:

pLlfP1v.jpg

Thank you for joining and have fun! Let your creativity go wild!

Newest Base file: https://www./?ev5udu7k5idzvnk

This file is a save file, so you just have to drop it in your saves

Order of builders that yet have to come so far:

(0. Captain Sierra)

(0. Briansun1)

1. Sylandro

2. larsmaehlum

3. Bigcheecho

4. Xephirious

5. Deathsoul097

6. The Fleet Master

Go from here.

Builders who added there own awesomeness

- Panfish5

- thiosk

- Richy teh space man

- Highlad

- Szkeptik

- SpaceSphereOfDeath

Edited by panzerknoef

Okay, i'll type your name In the builders queue, i'll give you a heads up when it's your turn.

I shall now also briefly explain the sub-base system we are handling for minimizing lagg. The system is rather easy, instead lf building one big base i have chosen to divide it up into several smaller sub-bases, each sub-base is placed at least 2.6km away from all already existing bases. Using this system should allow us to build a big base while still maintaining a survivable framerate

The mission reports link is not working. The thread itself is still there though, so it's just a link problem.

I'd also like to see something on Gilly, but everyone should add whatever they want.

Edited by Szkeptik

It's derived off of Temstar's base pack. I am actually trying to get in touch with him. I've been developing a derivative version thereof designed for interplanetary transit and atmospheric landings. So far, earliest prototypes are capable of landing on every planet except Jool and Tylo. And I see this as quite a trip, most Eve 'bases' are the remains of failed landers since it's so hard to do crew rotation on Eve.

I'll get to work. Modular bases aren't super easy and I want to get the sub-structure (the truss parts) done in the first launch. This is gonna be one heck of a mission involving some serious lag on my end. heck, I might even have fuel left over in the cruiser so I can dock the tanks to the station. :P

Yes, it's stock. The entire kit has kethane modules but the use of those is always optional. Conveniently enough, by me having kethane (assuming nobody before me did), teh scan mask data gets imprinted in the persistence so I'll be dropping my base right on top of a kethane deposit, which will only matter if this collab ever does incorporate kethane.

I do use some modded parts but those are parts mostly used for mega-size transfer stages and for lifters, all of which I am pretty firm about de-orbiting. If I use mod parts, they will have smacked into solid ground and destroyed before anyone else gets the save file.

Edited by Captain Sierra

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.