[1.0.5] [RELEASE 0.8] Sido's Urania System : 7 new planets and 8 moons !

Sido

I do think the system should be Expanded. IE: Increasing the main gas giants SOI so that its more comparable to Jool's SOI (I didnt compare mass, but its still much too small)

All of the planets(moons?) should be moved out to higher orbits (with some exceptions of course to remain at least a little unique) this would let you keep larger SOI's on some of the moons without having them fling you all over the system.

I know this isnt your Mod's fault, but FAR doesnt read the atmospheric density correctly on some (or all) of your planets with atmosphere.

a system like this would literally tear itself to pieces in No time, with all the overlapping SOI's, I know you said you're planning on changing it, but I do think the simplest fix would be to just make the system Bigger, thus less crowded!

I agree with you, in the state of the mod, the solution is to expand the system.

What if you used the spore planet generation api in conjunction with this? Then we could have a whole universe FULL to the brim with planets to explore!

You could do that! And look at its beauty... for one milisecond, before KSP and unity crashes, since you would need a ton of RAM, and KSP only supports 4gb.

You could do that! And look at its beauty... for one milisecond, before KSP and unity crashes, since you would need a ton of RAM, and KSP only supports 4gb.

It's not necessarily about the amount of ram a planet (or two or ten) takes, it's about how Unity handles asset loading. Unity loads all assets all at once into ram, and unity is capped at around 4gb.

Ok, this mod is kinda incompatible with Active Texture reduction aggressive. It makes the planets textures strange, especially Hyperion, which goes into inverted white to red and gets strange textures issues. It also plays havoc on bump maps, making the shorelines square cliffs.

Nub question....system loads fine, but where exactly do I place the 'clouds' folder you supplied (folder path) ?

Thankyou ;)

When you download the boulderco mod, you've got this :

GameData\BoulderCo\Clouds

Merge my cloud's pack folder with it and launch Ksp

I'm really excited to try out this mod, but I keep getting crashes while I have it installed. I deleted the 3 example packs from the PlanetFactory folder and put the Urania system in there. Now I think it might be KSP actually running out of memory because I watched the task manager at launch and it crashes right at 3.7GB of memory, but I'm not sure, I'm not super smart with this code stuff. If I need to post the crash log and the output log let me know and I will. Would love some help from anyone thanks!

Planetfactory use a lot of ram.

My KSP install had a lot of mod for a total of 2 Gb .

The answer at your problem is simple: you've got to much mod. Remove some of them before.

That's all. Look at my install, i got 32 mods installed and my ksp.exe take 2.4 Go of ram for the process...

okNgcJg.png

And i'm the creator of the planet's pack.

Not of the mod.

:D

Edited by Sido

Planetfactory use a lot of ram.

My KSP install had a lot of mod for a total of 2 Gb .

The answer at your problem is simple: you've got to much mod. Remove some of them before.

That's all. Look at my install, i got 32 mods installed and my ksp.exe take 2.4 Go of ram for the process...

http://i.imgur.com/Bh4mC7q.gif

And i'm the creator of the planet's pack.

Not of the mod.

:D

Weird, I only have 28 mods installed, and they only amount up to 1.25GB.

Heres my mod list.

3PJMUPw.png

The only major difference I see between ours (focusing on large mods) is I have the KSP Interstellar mod which is a big mod, but I'm not sure. Anyways, thanks for the help. I'll try messing with the mods I have now to see if I can get it working. Really hoping one day we will get a 64-bit KSP so we aren't limited to a 4GB RAM max :P

Weird, I only have 28 mods installed, and they only amount up to 1.25GB.

Heres my mod list.

http://i.imgur.com/3PJMUPw.png

The only major difference I see between ours (focusing on large mods) is I have the KSP Interstellar mod which is a big mod, but I'm not sure. Anyways, thanks for the help. I'll try messing with the mods I have now to see if I can get it working. Really hoping one day we will get a 64-bit KSP so we aren't limited to a 4GB RAM max :P

He actually has significantly more large part count mods. Interstellar is a biggie, but he has KW Rocketry, B9 Aerospace, AIES Aerospace, and NovaPunch --- all of those have a significant number of parts and a large RAM impact.

It's also worth noting that he is using the active memory reduction mod, which is probably the only reason he is even able to run all of those.

If you remove planet factory and this pack, and then run KSP, tell us how much memory is actively being used by KSP (in your task manager readout). I'm not at all surprised that it crashes at 3.7 gb of RAM used, so that IS the issue to some extent.

***You have a game data folder inside your game data folder*** That can cause severe problems. Fix it first

Edited by CleverLikeMe

He actually has significantly more large part count mods. Interstellar is a biggie, but he has KW Rocketry, B9 Aerospace, AIES Aerospace, and NovaPunch --- all of those have a significant number of parts and a large RAM impact.

It's also worth noting that he is using the active memory reduction mod, which is probably the only reason he is even able to run all of those.

If you remove planet factory and this pack, and then run KSP, tell us how much memory is actively being used by KSP (in your task manager readout). I'm not at all surprised that it crashes at 3.7 gb of RAM used, so that IS the issue to some extent.

***You have a game data folder inside your game data folder*** That can cause severe problems. Fix it first

Ahh, I missed the memory reduction mod, I should try that. I have been skipping over it because I'm afraid it might break something. I'm going to add that and see if I can get things working after that! Thanks for pointing that out!

Yup! That was it! Was running into a RAM issue, added the texture reduction mod and it's working fine now! Thanks for your help!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.