The GREAT KSP FUTURE THREAD!

Should we let Squad take their time on updates?  

1. 1. Should we let Squad take their time on updates?

• Yes,because we shouldnt force them
    • No,Because they Should Put a date on each update.
    • Nah,I dont agree with these options Im just gonna wait for a update.

Well Since i read the article On facebook from the page that touched my heart that Ksp is teaming with nasa to put us kerbals On asteroids. and I Have Been excited. so Ill Just clap for Nasa and Ksp thank you NASA and KSP you are awesome! but back to the theme...

Were gonna discuss about the confirmed features Of KSP

In order

Multiplayer Support

In-game Money

ETC

So

BEGIN THE le discussions!

Edited by Guest

Resources is technically confirmed to happen but the devs won't give us any more than that. After they scrapped their old plan, it's been backburnered and we haven't heard a word about what they were thinking of doing next, even though the community is perfectly okay with a concept model which could get thrown out at next week's design meeting.

Personally, I think resources should be developed at least a little in the same update that money is introduced in, which happens to be the next one.

At least have a resources map so we can do a scientific mission to find them. "You have been awarded 10,000 Kerbols in advance to land at <Zone> on the Mun and determine the resources present in the regolith. The reward will be 30,000 Kerbols, with a bonus of 20,000 Kerbols for a sample return".

After using the Final Frontier mod, I realized just how much it adds to my enjoyment of the game. For those of you who don't know, it awards Kerbals mission patches based on their achievements. It also keeps track of how many missions each Kerbal has been on.

My biggest wish is for Squad to implement something like this into the stock game, whether in the next couple of updates or by the final release.

Games that get pushed out invariably suck. With time to work, they will put their heart and soul into the game, making it from a "meh" into a "holy balls they just created a cultural icon."

Granted it has already passed "meh" status, but that's generally how it goes if a release date is announced months in advance.

The question "Should we let Squad take their time on updates?" seems somewhat irrelevant, because Squad will take whatever time they see fit, and nobody but Squad is in a position to decide any different.

In answer to the poll question; programming is a long, complex and deeply mystical process that should not be rushed. Good things take time and I'm happy to wait.

As a coder I feel quite strongly about this. If we appear to be clamoring for more new features, then Squad will feel under pressure to deliver them. That takes away from their time to sit back and ponder their code which is how they will see possible optimizations and refinements. Refinements take AGES, usually much longer than the original feature took to implement and it is important to allow that to happen. So yes, we should let Squad take their time on updates.

We got to let Squad take their time. The longer they develop 0.24, the better it will be. I think we can all agree we want contracts, money, etc. to be epic, so let's let them think every detail over.

I personally felt 0.23 was a bit rushed. Great update, but I felt some things were added just for the heck of it.

• 3 weeks later...
In answer to the poll question; programming is a long, complex and deeply mystical process that should not be rushed. Good things take time and I'm happy to wait.

As a coder I feel quite strongly about this. If we appear to be clamoring for more new features, then Squad will feel under pressure to deliver them. That takes away from their time to sit back and ponder their code which is how they will see possible optimizations and refinements. Refinements take AGES, usually much longer than the original feature took to implement and it is important to allow that to happen. So yes, we should let Squad take their time on updates.

What ever are you talking about? Obama's healthcare website was built in the foundation of "we want it when I say I want it" and that's been a roaring success.

Edit: As a side note, lets compare this <$50 product with the $14,000 we spent in Symantec's "Backup Exec". "Guaranteed support for Windows 2012 by August 2013" gave them over year to release that version. We're in February 2014 and it's still not out. That's not a small gaming firm - that's currently one of the major enterprise vendors.

I think Squad are a long way ahead of the curve.

Edited by technion

Multiplayer Support

Multiplayer support isn't coming in 0.24: Jesus is currently working on the very first steps of the multiplayer server but that doesn't mean you'll see any of this in the game for 0.24.

Resources is technically confirmed to happen but the devs won't give us any more than that. After they scrapped their old plan, it's been backburnered and we haven't heard a word about what they were thinking of doing next, even though the community is perfectly okay with a concept model which could get thrown out at next week's design meeting.

I'm going to need a source on that frankly. The only thing I've heard about development of resources that is still ongoing is that they have an idea, that might eventually make it to the game (or not) - this is what HarvesteR said during Kerbalkon at least.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.