[1.2.0][WIP, PLUGIN][0.11.9.8][30/10/2016] KeepFit - Kerbal fitness degradation

timmers_uk

• 2 weeks later...

I love your mod. It added another bit of difficulty and planning I needed. BUT :

It says the lab is comfy, but it counts as cramped.

I have no problem rotating the scientist, but it is misinformation.

3blD5Be.jpg

CsjhyX6.jpg

This mod is just plain awesome. So one time I was testing this mod out and left Valentina Kerman in orbit around Kerbin for around 6-7 days and got her home and then I got Jeb, Rosedith, and Valentina Kerman in A stable(And Big) orbit and left them there for almost 70 Days! When Val, Jeb, and Rosedith Kerman back home Val died of high G force due to 0.00 Fitness when she Re-Entered Kerbin's atmosphere. I thought how realistic this mod is and the mod is VERY realistic. This mod isn't too buggy (For Me) for a WIP.

I love your mod. It added another bit of difficulty and planning I needed. BUT :

It says the lab is comfy, but it counts as cramped.

I have no problem rotating the scientist, but it is misinformation.

http://i.imgur.com/3blD5Be.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CsjhyX6.jpg

I'm away from pc for a few days, but will check when i get back. The effective activity level shouldnt ever be worse than that of the specific part the kerbals are in.

It would help to have a few details though. Could you grab a screenshot showing your keepfit settings & show that, and if you are running CLS show the cls panel for the vessel. thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

So, for Cramped they lose muscle mass fast

For Comfy they still lose, but slower.

For neutral they do not

and when they are back in KSC they are on exercising and gain, right ?

Pretty much, there are a few more ways to keep your kerbals healthy

If you have a hab with a centrifuge you can get exercising activuty level from that (e.g. porkjets or roverdude's), and if you are landed almost any planet with enough surface gee will also give exercising status.

You can change almost all of these levels in the settings screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, can anyone explain the estimated flight times for the different levels - cramped, comfy, neutral, exercising, for example would a crew of 3 survive a trip to Duna and back in a 'Comfy' state of the 3 man capsule? Is it better to stick a hitch hiker module for interplanetary travel to raise the level to neutral? How fast do they lose fitness level and what kind of accommodation is necessary for the closest two planets? A simple clarification would help a whole lot, thanks!

All depends on your flight profile. You can go down to 0 fitness and still recover your crew if you use a gentle enough landing profile (e.g. spaceplane), or by spending some time in a KLO station with a centrifuge.

Conversely you can add a hitchiker and keep baseline fitness but still turn your crew toc pesto during reentry of you blaze straight in from a 6k/sec transfer (though with 1.0.x you'll be having charcoal issues too now)

Can I tweak the g-force values for this to work with RSS/RO better? Does anyone know what such values might be?

Also, on that subject how do I get this to work with DRE? Do I just cancel out all the DRE G-force variables?

Pretty much, there are a few more ways to keep your kerbals healthy

If you have a hab with a centrifuge you can get exercising activuty level from that (e.g. porkjets or roverdude's), and if you are landed almost any planet with enough surface gee will also give exercising status.

You mean EVA or they can stay in the module (hitchiker) and train ?

Because I am using TACLS and I can not just leave them outside for extended periods of time. 1 day with standard gear and a bit more with extra large backpack.

And one more thing about editing parts to have compability with your mod :

There is the Taurus command pod. It is basically aafused Mk1-2 (3 seats) command mod and Hitchhiker in one. It has 7 spots.

Is there a way to make seat 0 1 and 2 to be comfy, while seat 3-6 to be neutral ?

Edited by Mapoko

You mean EVA or they can stay in the module (hitchiker) and train ?

Because I am using TACLS and I can not just leave them outside for extended periods of time. 1 day with standard gear and a bit more with extra large backpack.

And one more thing about editing parts to have compability with your mod :

There is the Taurus command pod. It is basically aafused Mk1-2 (3 seats) command mod and Hitchhiker in one. It has 7 spots.

Is there a way to make seat 0 1 and 2 to be comfy, while seat 3-6 to be neutral ?

Currently there is no individual seat differentiation, its not really at the level of detail of simulation the mod is targetted at, esp, as it isnt afaik possible to specify which seat you are going into using standard ksp.

When landed, the mod hand-wavingly assumes the kerbals get out and stretch their legs, similar to the default setup of assuming they move around in the vessel to gain benefit of the better parts for fitness, without having to micromanage ut

- - - Updated - - -

Can I tweak the g-force values for this to work with RSS/RO better? Does anyone know what such values might be?

Also, on that subject how do I get this to work with DRE? Do I just cancel out all the DRE G-force variables?

I gelieve you can change the DRE configs to make gee effects unlikely to be factor, but unless dre has cganged drastically, chances are keep fit will have you before dre in most circumstances.

So, even if I land on the Mun with small pod (Cramped) and leave the kerbal there until his LS gets low he will actually gain muscle mass or it will let's say add +1 gain to the -2 loss, so it will simply deteriorate slower?

So let's say hitchiker have +0 and being on planetary body with gravity have +1, so they train ? And Comfy ones turn into neutrals?

So, even if I land on the Mun with small pod (Cramped) and leave the kerbal there until his LS gets low he will actually gain muscle mass or it will let's say add +1 gain to the -2 loss, so it will simply deteriorate slower?

So let's say hitchiker have +0 and being on planetary body with gravity have +1, so they train ? And Comfy ones turn into neutrals?

As long as you are landed on a surface (not sure if splashed down counts, but we're not talking about that here), and the surface gravity is above the minimum thrshold, then your effective activity level will be Exercising and you'll make gains.

T

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just a quick question to see if I have broken this myself with too much tweaking, or if it is KeepFit default behaviour.

I put a manned command pod (Bob) on the launchpad and another (Bill) on the runway. I leave them in the pods and keep my paws off the staging button.

When I select 'fly' on Bob and then return to the Space Center, Bob is cramped and Bill is not.

When I select 'fly' on Bill and then return to the Space Center, Bill is cramped and Bob is not.

Is this happening to other players as well?

Hey,

Is there any way you could make this mod work with Persistent Rotation, so that if Kerbal 1 is in Part X, and Part X is on the outside of a spinning vessel, and if Part X is properly oriented, has enough space, ect. ect, then Kerbal 1 would get 'Exercise'. Just a thought.

If you want I can take a crack at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi timmers_uk. I've sent you a PM on July, 10 but still no response. May be you just missed it. Would appreciate just a brief answer whether you are interested or not.

Edited by Ser

• 2 months later...

hi,

I see that there is support for mks/oks?

but the mks training center and the mk-v logistics rover has no activity level

then why is the copula module not COMFY? it weights much more than the half of the lander kan mk2 but has only 1 seet

while the mk2 crew cabin is COMFY but it can hold 4 kerbals (and is only 2t) at least that does not make sense, its purpose is to fit to mk2 parts

I am not requesting any changes, just noticing

best regards

â–¼

• 2 weeks later...
Hi timmers_uk. I've sent you a PM on July, 10 but still no response. May be you just missed it. Would appreciate just a brief answer whether you are interested or not.

Sorry, I was out of KSP for some time - if you are still interested, feel free to fork and send a pull request for what you want - I'm no pro on C# so what you request is a bit on the bleeding edge of my plugin coding skillset.

- - - Updated - - -

hi,

then why is the copula module not COMFY? it weights much more than the half of the lander kan mk2 but has only 1 seet

while the mk2 crew cabin is COMFY but it can hold 4 kerbals (and is only 2t) at least that does not make sense, its purpose is to fit to mk2 parts

best regards

â–¼

The MKS/OKS support I added was pre mk-v, so AFAIK there'll be no specific KeepFit support for Mk-V - similar with training center.

I'll try and keep in mind to look at that when I next do a modding pass - right now I'm concentrating on actually busting the career tree on 1.0.4 before my KSP mojo busts (I got kindof KSPed out prior to getting back into it again in the last couple of weeks).

- - - Updated - - -

hi,

best regards

â–¼

The MKS/OKS support I added was pre mk-v, so AFAIK there'll be no specific KeepFit support for Mk-V - similar with training center.

I'll try and keep in mind to look at that when I next do a modding pass - right now I'm concentrating on actually busting the career tree on 1.0.4 before my KSP mojo busts (I got kindof KSPed out prior to getting back into it again in the last couple of weeks).

- - - Updated - - -

Could you put a scrollbar on the in game info screen. I have a station with over 7 kerbals and I can't scroll down.

I'll look into that too, on my next update. Can't promise anything straight away though.

• 2 weeks later...

Really like the idea of this mod, I have a couple of questions though about the interface. I'll ask the questions and then say what I think they are, let me know if I'm correct?

What does G(I), G(S), G(M), and G(L) mean?

I think it means: G(Instant), G(Short Term), G(Mid Term), G(Long Term)

What does 0.99. W30.00, F40.00 mean?

I think it means: Current G Force. Warning G Force, Fatal G Force

Are my assumptions correct?

Really like the idea of this mod, I have a couple of questions though about the interface. I'll ask the questions and then say what I think they are, let me know if I'm correct?

What does G(I), G(S), G(M), and G(L) mean?

I think it means: G(Instant), G(Short Term), G(Mid Term), G(Long Term)

What does 0.99. W30.00, F40.00 mean?

I think it means: Current G Force. Warning G Force, Fatal G Force

Are my assumptions correct?

Your assumptions are correct ... and this reminds me I still haven't got near to sorting out the UI.

sigh

Your assumptions are correct ... and this reminds me I still haven't got near to sorting out the UI.

sigh

Oh speaking of the UI just a quick bug report. One thing I noticed is that if I click for example the roster button multiple times it appears to open multiple windows on top of each other, which move and resize together. I came to the conclusion multiple windows are present because if I click on the roster button multiple times I then have to click on the X on the roster window the same amount of times before it is no longer visible.

Hey,

Is there any way you could make this mod work with Persistent Rotation, so that if Kerbal 1 is in Part X, and Part X is on the outside of a spinning vessel, and if Part X is properly oriented, has enough space, ect. ect, then Kerbal 1 would get 'Exercise'. Just a thought.

Yeah, that would be sooo cool.:)

Sorry, I was out of KSP for some time - if you are still interested, feel free to fork and send a pull request for what you want - I'm no pro on C# so what you request is a bit on the bleeding edge of my plugin coding skillset.

Ok. Looks like it'll be an interesting task to make our two mods work together due to different approaches at g-load calculations but I'll try.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Timmers.

I've forked your KeepFit project and created a pull request enabling our two mods, your KeepFit and my G-Effects, to communicate. In common words, a public API that allows my mod to use kerbal fitness data is implemented.

Would be glad if you merged it. Think that the new KSP version 1.0.5 is a good reason for a new release ;)

Edited by Ser

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.