United Unified Inter-Manufacturer Alliance Docking System. Texture DL link added

This part is the Androgynous Kerbal Craft Dockur System and it should work well for Docking with itself rotated at 180 degrees on the X axis.

The United Unified Inter-Manufacturer Alliance is a series of competing space technology corporations which got together in order to develop and use the same Docking parts in order to develop a de-facto standard among space craft docking and promote kerbal harmony and inter changeability in space craft.

It should be used for your docking modules if you plan to make them. As you can see Below several mods are supposed to use this model for docking in the future. However it is not a complete model. It is merely the part that will link to another. So say you have a Soyuz like craft and you want to have it fit UUI Docking Ring. Well then you simply take this model. open it. Attach it to your Soyuz habitation Model. There is room left in the UV area for other parts. Then Tada you have yourself a model that matches other mods\' docking modules.

Current Supposed UUi Members:

Pelf

KW

NovaSilisko

Sarkun

cBBp

UUI.png

UUIexample.png

Download:

Model Pack (Readme Included. ignore Grammatical Errors.It\'s an Alpha.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1417259/kerbal/United%20Unified%20Inter-Manufacturer%20Androgynous%20Kerbal%20Craft%20Dockur%20System%20Alliance%20v0.3.rar

TEXTURE DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www./?yixo1ovdy4jaa0c

please note it is untexture. Winston from KW wants Kyle from KW to make the texture. A temp texture can be found below.

Temporary Texture.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1417259/kerbal/UUI_Androgynous_Kerbal_Craft_Dockur_System.png

Credit To Winston For the Model. Kyle For Texture hopefully soon and cBBp for UV wrapping and fixing weird export poly flip paradox.

Sooo its a docking module you can download but doesn\'t do anything but in the future will

Hopefully yes. that is the plan. It is mainly for modders who want to Come up with Docking modules for there stuff before they actually can do anything. There is room in the UV map area for extra pieces to be added to the model if a Modder wants to do so.

Well, I was wondering more about what Harv\'s concept of docking is. Is it proximity between two ships, or two 'docking parts'? Does it require physical contact, or just locks things into place after a certain distance? Do the parts need to be rotated correctly? Do they have to be engaged, then rotated?

Those kinds of questions. Don\'t get me wrong, the parts look great, I\'m just wondering about possible future use.

well i bet he will make it like we make parts just do >Type:Docking module then blablabla config stuff so it would be possible for this to be a docking module in the future but i can only imagine the docking modules that nova will make

I\'m going to use this one, actually. The one in Silisko Edition is incredibly ugly.

Yeah I\'ll add docking ports to NP, and would gladly use a standard model like this one, but its not time to be worrying about it just yet, since docking isn\'t likely coming in .14 anyway and we don\'t know how it will technically function.

I\'d appreciate it if you would discuss this with me instead of just uploading my models while I\'m asleep.

Put the thread back how it was, it\'s fine, I\'d just rather you waited until I was actually awake before going public with something we\'re supposed to be collaborating with.

I\'d appreciate it if you would discuss this with me instead of just uploading my models while I\'m asleep.

Put the thread back how it was, it\'s fine, I\'d just rather you waited until I was actually awake before going public with something we\'re supposed to be collaborating with.

As you wish. Kyle still going to make the texture?

I was going to redo it all but then i realized that I already had when i did the UV wrap because the model didn\'t import well at all. every other poly was flipped for some odd reason. There is one key difference between the original and this one anyway :P but that is a mystery.

anyway. Enjoy yall. Hopefully some day it will have a texture @_@

you don\'t make mods what do you need it for? :P and jeez you ask this all the time just get winrar. it is free damn it.

chill out. Some people who don\'t have admin rights on the computers can\'t use winrar or their school blocks downloads or whatever. He wants a standalone part version to put on his rocket

chill out. Some people who don\'t have admin rights on the computers can\'t use winrar or their school blocks downloads or whatever. He wants a standalone part version to put on his rocket

There are programs that don\'t require admin rights, such as 7zip portable. Still, there\'s no call for hostility...

Hahahahaha.

This isn\'t a mod part. It\'s a model that is to be used on mod parts made by mod makers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.