B9 5.0 pre-release (with download)

K3-Chris

I've only got 1 question: how much of a RAM footprint will the pack have?

I'm already maxing out with the old B9 installed, so I'm hoping I've got enough space to use the new...

But either way, awesome job guys. That HL cockpit is already in my plans!

I just got here and I think I nearly spit my chai latte all over the screen, and I may have put my Christianity in danger with some choice colorful metaphors. So worth it!

Other choice words that came out without any brain required include: "you've got to be kidding me!" and "holy crud... what have you done..."

*looks at front page*

* Sh**s a Brick*

*head explodes out of the back of head*

HOLY SH*****T I......I Oh god why did not look at this before, i thought it was a maintenance update before i checked, i will punish myself for my lack of faith. *falls on sword*

also what is the ram footprint for this because i already have 75 mods installed and i am running 64-bit....

*looks at front page*

* Sh**s a Brick*

*head explodes out of the back of head*

HOLY SH*****T I......I Oh god why did not look at this before, i thought it was a maintenance update before i checked, i will punish myself for my lack of faith. *falls on sword*

also what is the ram footprint for this because i already have 75 mods installed and i am running 64-bit....

he is using part integration so parts that are basicaly the same but where before had seprate modle and texuter files will be combined so the ram foot print will be smaller

I've only got 1 question: how much of a RAM footprint will the pack have?

Once you convert your craft and delete the B9_Aerospace_DEPRECATED directory to get rid of all the unsupported parts rendered pointless by mesh/tank switching, its probably down slightly.

We're doing even more texture sharing than before, and added only the HX texture set (2048x diffuse, 1024x emissive, 256x emissive.).

Its important to get rid of the deprecated parts as they use several old nearly-duplicated textures.

Not sure if we're going to include them in the main download or as a separate thing.

Option a means less complaining about broken crafts (though some will still break because of node changes) option b means less complaining about RAM usage (but lots of whining from people who don't read about broken crafts)

so howabout that concorde nose?

Its being worked on, but finalizing the IVAs for the cockpits and cabins already in trunk take higher priority.

My favorite plane part are back...:D

Taverus, I don't know what option you will be choosin but broken craft mean i need the old part for a while to save my so beloved old craft.

Still, I'm glad B9 is back and the offcial release is around the corner. Been waiting since the release of 0.23

:cool:

how about having HL and HX decouplers?

HX has docking ports, HL is for spaceplanes, spaceplanes don't cut themselves in half, but there are HL to 3.75m adapters and a round version of the HL parts (except the cargo bays and cockpit)

and some Mk4 parts as the current build has a HL to Mk4 adapter?

The Mk4 parts were part of an older mod pack that hasn't been updated since, we considered making a larger spaceplane fuselage that fits 3.75m tanks, but, this quote from Tav kinda boils down why not, "That'd be like NASA having a spaceplane that they can launch the Saturn 5 inside"

And frankly HL spaceplanes are already pretty tricky, something still larger would be truly terrifying to fly and land.

Edited by K3|Chris

Love it! I can't wait to try some big ass spaceships!

On another note, any chance we'll see more MK.II parts? Any chance we could have the existing parts be able to sit flush with stock MK.II parts?

HX has docking ports, HL is for spaceplanes, spaceplanes don't cut themselves in half, but there are HL to 3.75m adapters and a round version of the HL parts (except the cargo bays and cockpit)

The Mk4 parts were part of an older mod pack that hasn't been updated since, we considered making a larger spaceplane fuselage that fits 3.75m tanks, but, this quote from Tav kinda boils down why not, "That'd be like NASA having a spaceplane that they can launch the Saturn 5 inside"

I was thinking of the decouplers as an emergency measure to decouple the crew if something should go wrong (using FAR and Deadly Re-Entry) and an excuse to use your shiny new abort button ;) and i was only wanting the Mk4 parts for XL rovers or land base parts so i could deploy large drilling rigs, etc.. via spaceplane as the HL parts are not quite wide enough to hold 2.5m plus the wheelbase due to the tapered corners at the base of the cargo bay where as the Mk4 adapter has the base width that i'd need for such deployments comfortably.

The Mk4 parts were part of an older mod pack that hasn't been updated since, we considered making a larger spaceplane fuselage that fits 3.75m tanks, but, this quote from Tav kinda boils down why not, "That'd be like NASA having a spaceplane that they can launch the Saturn 5 inside".

That's KSP, not NASA. I'd love a remake of the old Mk4 pack. :) Precisely because those planes were so oversized, they were hard to use, but it wasn't a bad thing. It was sort of like 5m parts in KW and NP. Useful from time to time, for the truly ridiculous payloads and, occasionally, the sheer fun of launching something this size. I'd use the Mk4 if someone remade it, and I still have the old TT's Mk4 pack, though it does require tinkering to make it work.