Space Launch Megathread

iamwearingpants

this nonsense again?

for the sz-8 launch and docking they had by far the best launch coverage of all agencies... they had a launch studio, discussion with guests (one of them being an american space expert), several interviews (e.g. with an esa representative), live launch video, live docking video, etc...

btw:

they had failures before, and they did not deny them... they investigated the accidents and learned... they are not north korea - big difference

No conspiracy theories guys, really.

And don\'t forget how rich the Chinese are, you all keep buying their stuff after all, they can afford to make spacecraft, and all launches are cool no matter who did the launching.

They do broadcast some launches live (on CCTV), but I can\'t if that\'s true for this one.

EDIT: It is. If I\'m interpreting the \'live coverage thing properly, anyway.

Great! I may not like China, but I admire their focus and speed

Great! I may not like China, but I admire their focus and speed

A lots of thing they use was taken from Russian tech, the fuel choose is toxic as fuck, and it is more of a political show then anything else, so nah, even that was not impressive.

What, more of a political show than everyone else\'s crewed space programs? I don\'t see how the fuel choice is relevant, considering they\'re replacing everything with LOX/Kerosene based LM-5 family launchers imminently anyway, and at least they were faster about doing it than the Russians.

• 2 weeks later...

on the nasa tv you can find several interviews with astronauts (iirc kelly, fossum) about the soyuz experience - launch, landing, flight, etc...

edit:

the next soyuz launch with a human crew is scheduled on the 15th (malenchenko, williams, hoshide)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.