[1.02] Vertical Propulsion Emporium. v0.22b (10th may 2015)

Kerb-fu

This pack is the perfect solution to the dev's wanting manned flights right away and provides an excuse why computers and probes are useless/not unlocked till later; that still bug's me more than it should. Well, from a Role Playing point of view anyway, I realise that this fall's outside their direction. That was what I thought of when I first saw these parts anyway. Ignoring all that these parts look great and I hope to see more!!

Actually thinking about it I would love to see this take on an interstellar style with a custom tech tree at the start before the stock parts, heck could even have a small whaling ship to collect resources from the ocean on kerbin and various other thing's like a still or some such. Just a thought, it is perfectly fine the way it is and I am sure it will just get better as you progress. I mean, it's STEAM PUNK!!! AND Kerbal's!! The perfect recipe for big explosions in every non existent garage across the planet!! Actually I think you just created the Kerbol extinction event(s) or at least moved it up from when they discover antimatter.

This pack is the perfect solution to the dev's wanting manned flights right away and provides an excuse why computers and probes are useless/not unlocked till later; that still bug's me more than it should. Well, from a Role Playing point of view anyway, I realise that this fall's outside their direction. That was what I thought of when I first saw these parts anyway. Ignoring all that these parts look great and I hope to see more!!

I am planning on my parts developing a more industrial look as they get larger, Kind of an evolution of steam-tech...

It looks like you are flying a Moonshine still into space.

I like the moonshine idea... i could make a resource like Alchohol or RefinedSpirits in a still, and use it as another fuel source...

Could be created from KerbalSnacks and Water!!!!!

I like the moonshine idea... i could make a resource like Alchohol or RefinedSpirits in a still, and use it as another fuel source...

And the Munshine Alcohol Engine was born... You'd have to put a warning in the description not to drink the Munshine as it may cause blindness and sporadic limb dysfunction. Also not to be used near lady kerbals...

Just an idea for the design - a big copper moonshine styled still with smaller wooden barrels radially attached or stacked for the snacks and water. Could be your primary larger scale engine.

And the Munshine Alcohol Engine was born... You'd have to put a warning in the description not to drink the Munshine as it may cause blindness and sporadic limb dysfunction. Also not to be used near lady kerbals...

Just an idea for the design - a big copper moonshine styled still with smaller wooden barrels radially attached or stacked for the snacks and water. Could be your primary larger scale engine.

Kerbals and snack derived alchohol.... what could possibly go wrong?

Which is surprisingly realistic, because that's exactly what the first manmade object to reach space used IRL :D It was a German V-2 rocket that the Americans captured and, with its warhead removed, shot straight up to see how high it could go. Its engine ran on a 25% ethanol/75% water fuel, which essentially makes it diluted vodka, with liquid oxygen as an oxidizer. Many other early liquid fuel engines also used alcohol mixtures.

Now with extra mutton chops and "The Colonel" goatee...

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w615/greenskullinc/steampunkmain1_zpsfa06c13d.png

The prof liked his new look so much he went to the Mun to celebrate!

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w615/greenskullinc/steampunkonthemun_zpsf7c2f613.png

Nice muttonchops! I take my hat off to you good sir.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.