My fellow Kerbonauts

Sidoz11

That day, December 7, 1972, we took one last trip to the Moon in the decade after the first.

It will forever live on, Apollo 17, within our hearts.

They travelled the great expanse, on a truly gargantuan vehicle,

The Saturn V.

They travelled for days to the Moon, and saw the most beautiful of sights,

The Earth,

Floating in the Ocean of Space,

Under the stars.

They landed the Challenger on the Moon,

And would spend the most days on the Moon of any Apollo Mission.

It was the last time we were out of the cradle, and now we're right back inside.

I couldn't agree more, we were really down among 'em

I still find it upsetting that only 12 men walked on the surface of the moon and no human has returned or ventured farther since 1972

2024. If all goes well, we'll be on Mars by then. And with SpaceX and REL developing cheap-to-orbit methods, we might soon exit the "space age" and enter the Space Age.

They travelled at great expense, on a truly gargantuan vehicle,

Sorry, I read it as that... *lol*

I read recently that the public support for the apollo program, when it was running, only 53 percent thought it was worth the cost.

Which seems a bit sad.

Personally I believe it was worth it. Not so much for any technologies developed or spin-off's. Simply because of it's ability to let us all dream and inspire to greater things.

Sorry, I read it as that... *lol*

I read recently that the public support for the apollo program, when it was running, only 53 percent thought it was worth the cost.

Which seems a bit sad.

Personally I believe it was worth it. Not so much for any technologies developed or spin-off's. Simply because of it's ability to let us all dream and inspire to greater things.

I mean they risked their lives for going to the moon, too.......

But, yeah, going to the moon was extremely important, even if just giving us the dream.

Edited by KASASpace

I hope we go back one day, we need to do something to inspire the next generations.

The shuttle inspired thousands after the Apollo program but other than SpaceX and a few private companies, not much is really going on in the space exploration department, we mostly stay in low earth orbit nowadays which is a shame

I mean they risked their lives for going to the moon, too.......

But, yeah, going to the moon was extremely important, even if just giving us the dream.

Yeah, I rewatched the show the other day and those guys were some extremely cool customers. :)

Heck, they're slightly intimidating as grandfathers! *lol*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.