What forms of media make you want to play KSP?

iBeej

If there is one video, clip, movie, or documentary that makes you want to play Kerbal Space Program, what would it be?

For me, it's "7 Minutes of Terror" from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. I remember watching this back in September of 2012 and watching the mission take place live on NASA's video stream on August 6th, 2012. I remember wanting to play a game so badly, that would allow me to make rockets, rover, or anything else I could dream of and carry out a mission like the one from 7 Minutes of Terror. And a year later, my dream came true with Kerbal Space Program!

I just wanted to share this, because I don't know about you guys... but this video is still epic in my mind, and it still makes me want to play Kerbal Space Program immediately during and after watching it. Many (if not most) of you have already seen it, but if you haven't... well you're in for a treat.

Can anybody else top that? :cool:

Edited by iBeej
Embedded video

After seeing this video, i had to do a duna mission, constellation style... It influenced the way i build stuff in KSP a lot.

In this video I read "Cargo Mars transfer vehicles departing LEO" and I thought "shouldn't it be LKO?"

Nah they knew what it really is. "Drag" is just the layman's blanket term for reentry heating at this point.

Yeah, that was my thought. Easier for your average person to understand that hitting air fast means drag, and also means heating up, than to explain the whole process of compression heating.

going outside and looking at the stars, and the moon, and the planets

it just makes me want to go clamor back to the VAB and build me some rockets!

And to think, our greatest achievements are yet to come.

You know, I was JUST thinking about this mere minutes ago.

I was like "It's 2014... and I am only 21 years old. All this talk of "Landing on Mars in 20-sometime soon", or "capture an asteroid by 20-whatever"..."

I'll be around to see all that advancement. It makes me excited!

Edited by User Unrelated

On some weekends i have a marathon of watching BBC's ''space race.''

ep1:''

''

ep2: ''

''

ep3: ''

''

ep4: ''

''

Thank you for this ive been looking for something to watch for awhile now.

Heres one of my favoites. Dare I say the most detailed documentary on the Russian space program there is.

Engines that Came from the Cold.

And.. if any of you don't watch this one you do yourself a great injustice. You'll have to purchase it somewhere, but I assure you its money well spent. Truly inspiring and an awesome look at what its like to ride in the Soyuz and inside the ISS from a first person perspective.

Richard Garriott Man on a Mission

Again its a must-watch. It brings a tear to my eye every time.

• 3 years later...

As "media" is everything that translate information in my case it would be 2 Autors who send me every time back in the SPH.

"Barrayar"- Roman series and "Ender".

Every time i try to build the ships and Fighter jets from there....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.