Request: Idiot's Guide to making Joysticks work in KSP

I have an X-52 pro, I haven't played in a while but iirc I just had to turn down the sensitivity a lot. Don't think I even set up a joystick profile, just mapped the stick in the KSP settings screen..

Saitek X52 is all I've used and it's been great. Slight issues with the twist axis acting all wonky that I've managed to fix but that's it. They key thing is that Unity can only recognize one joystick axis at a time. So if you have Device 1, Axis 0 and Device 2, Axis 0 - Unity will use them both to control the 0 Axis. So if you assign Device 1 to throttle and Device 2 to pitch, moving either axis will move both throttle and pitch :/ The Logitech has the throttle built into the base I think, and the X52 is the only separate throttle/stick combo I know that combines them both into a single USB plug, hence all axis have unique numbers.

I've used my CH setup with no issues - fighterstick, pro throttle and pro pedals, they are programmed into one device through software.

One bug though, if you have joystick parameters set, it seems that when switching back to staging from docking, your throttle may go to 1/4. I had stopped using my setup but still had the values in the program, once removed I no longer had that issue, and it's int he bug tracking website. Your mileage may vary with that, test first.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.