[wip] 0.23.5 A-E.V.A (Actual Extra vehicle Activity)

Eggman360

I was never actually down ;) and yeah, given the (fairly) strict Kethane restrictions it's all done with MM, though I will do a sideways version with Open Resources after the main launch. Also adding in support for the Bahumut drills (which are darn pretty) and may just, on principle, make my own set of drills and such under a CC license because sharing is good.

Yeah, like your grapple gun idea. Just something to work...

By 'permissions' is that it's a logic style unlock. You have to unlock the 'permission' from the RnD, then when it is researched, it writes in a .persistance file or something; that 'use EVA packs [enter] true'. Otherwise, it is 'false' and therefore not loaded and pre-equipped stock style.... Or you go all the way like I asked and try to have it attached to the side of the craft like a external command chair and use it like that...

Any more questions?

Ok this is getting pretty advanced :P lol I don't even know how to make or even read plugins for inspiration let alone make my own :P if anyone wants to set up a group where we can all work together on this that would be great :) but I'd feel I'm bringing very little to the table as I'd be the first to admit I'm much better at innovating than inventing, just look at my procedural parts "Add-On" thread, the fact I make add-ons for another mod should explain a lot :P haha

And I think the idea of having more excursion-based science absolutely rocks.

God I hope that last bit wasn't a mining pun xD lol

And I think the idea of having more excursion-based science absolutely rocks.

On a side note - doing some stuff with Hollow Asteroids and it would be interesting to make the scanning bit require an EVA with a core sampler :)

Maybe add in drills that can latch PERMANENTLY onto troids, so you can have bases easy.

I want my ground scatter to break stuff!! I want! :P I know why we can't, I'm just being.......... Me... On a bad day :P .

Maybe add in drills that can latch PERMANENTLY onto troids, so you can have bases easy.

I want my ground scatter to break stuff!! I want! :P I know why we can't, I'm just being.......... Me... On a bad day :P .

Currently KAS parts can be attached to asteroids, so there's no reason that doesn't work right now with KAS parts at least, but the only issue with asteroid bases is the COMPLETE lack of gravitational attraction towards the asteroid.

Currently KAS parts can be attached to asteroids, so there's no reason that doesn't work right now with KAS parts at least, but the only issue with asteroid bases is the COMPLETE lack of gravitational attraction towards the asteroid.

Hence why I want a bolting point for the troids. I want to have a plate, that can be attached to, KAS style. You might also want to look into the part fusing or whatever that mod is called. Then, after attaching to the plate, you not going to move under ANY circumstances.... But gravity is still null, but at least your attached to the troid and you won't lose it.

LOL to funny talk about getting drilled hehe, I known that was bad looks awesome.

Roll on the puns, we're happy for them :P haha...

Fortunately this mod doesn't seem so much of a "grind" for me, right now I'm just trying to establish a "firm bedrock" before I "delve into the cavernous mass" that is plug-in and model making :P

...I'm glad you guys are "digging" this so far...

...Ok I'll stop now ;) haha

Hence why I want a bolting point for the troids. I want to have a plate, that can be attached to, KAS style. You might also want to look into the part fusing or whatever that mod is called. Then, after attaching to the plate, you not going to move under ANY circumstances.... But gravity is still null, but at least your attached to the troid and you won't lose it.

You mean the UbioZur Welding Ltd. Mod? Wow that's actually a good shortcut, I know the Orbital Science mod went that direction...

You mean the UbioZur Welding Ltd. Mod? Wow that's actually a good shortcut, I know the Orbital Science mod went that direction...

FYI the pieces I am helping with for Hollow Asteroids basically use the same mechanic as the Claw, and can add some nice dockable parts, sticky legs, etc. for keeping on asteroids.

FYI the pieces I am helping with for Hollow Asteroids basically use the same mechanic as the Claw, and can add some nice dockable parts, sticky legs, etc. for keeping on asteroids.

Well, I've considered using the claw... But I'm looking for something bigger and stronger.

Here's an idea: a HAMMER!!

So you can destroy parts from EVA, no more docking ports that won't undock xD

Wow, I know the Lazor mod can do that, but I might look into a part that can do this, even as a novelty or even as a serious function, hell, why not go all the way... EVA C4 anyone? :P

That sounds interesting, and if there's anything I'm for in KSP is cross mod functionality.

If anyone has any suggestions for cross mod functionality either PM me or post on here, there's no such thing as a silly idea in KSP, there's only dangerous and crazy...and a good mix of the two :P

Wow, I know the Lazor mod can do that, but I might look into a part that can do this, even as a novelty or even as a serious function, hell, why not go all the way... EVA C4 anyone? :P

Hell yeah! Gernades in the couplers and in the ports! Love it! Why not add a slicing part too? For more 'gentle' removals? Say on probes? Also, have it were you can remove and RE-PLACE parts? That would be nice too! Love this!!

Also, have it were you can remove and RE-PLACE parts? That would be nice too! Love this!!

This is a serious goal of mine, tweaking KAS or even making a new mod from scratch that allows parts to be reconfigured using the nodes VAB/SPH style, not something like it, using the EXACT nodes. I don't mean how Extra-planetary launch-Pads does it, I mean basically taking a rocket or probe, and being able to separate parts and re-attach them without using docking ports on every part.

But that's going off topic :P lol

This is a serious goal of mine, tweaking KAS or even making a new mod from scratch that allows parts to be reconfigured using the nodes VAB/SPH style, not something like it, using the EXACT nodes. I don't mean how Extra-planetary launch-Pads does it, I mean basically taking a rocket or probe, and being able to separate parts and re-attach them without using docking ports on every part.

But that's going off topic :P lol

Exactly my thinking, and as the other pointed out, it'll mean no more stuck docking ports...

I'm starting work on the portable grapple gun now, I'll even look into making it aim-able with Infernal Robotics/Lazor arms idea...only smaller :P lol

RemoteTech2 need a EVA comm pack :D

I've actually never used Remote Tech, but I can visualise a MJ looking pack with antenna, I'll move onto that after the grapple gun :) hey should both be done by today :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.