Solar Orbit Rendezvous Challenge

Xazas

Easy to say, difficult to achieve!

Do an orbital rendezvous in a solar orbit. I know every orbit in the solar system is also a solar orbit, so here is the challenging thing: the orbit must be at least 50.000 km above or below Kerbins orbit aroud Kerbol. So there will be no chance to be in Kerbins SOI.

Any parts and mod packs which are not cheat parts are allowed.

Bonus points for stock parts.

Extra bonus points for bringing both crews home after the rendezvous.

I will try it by myself when the final .14 release is out. I think it should be possible but realy challenging.

As far as i can read, the other challange is about getting into solar orbit and then back to Kerbin. This challange here should be more difficult because your target (the other ship) has no SOI. It will be way harder to meet it in the huge space out there.

As far as i can read, the other challange is about getting into solar orbit and then back to Kerbin. This challange here should be more difficult because your target (the other ship) has no SOI. It will be way harder to meet it in the huge space out there.

I know... this may be the hardest challenge ever concieved. We need more instruments to do things like this effectively.

However, since orbital mechanics to not matter when you are within range and that far out (slow), you can just aim for it and thrust.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.