modifying the save file

vrblasasn

I do apologize if this is in the wrong category! I spent about a month setting up my network of orbital stations and my moon base, well the save file ended up corrupted and unusable. Instead of doing that all again i want to assemble the moon base on Kerbin and modify the save file to put it on the moon, is this possible and how do i do it? thanks in advance!

It is possible, but would be difficult. Editing things into orbit isn't too hard, but if you get the altitude wrong, then your base will just explode. I suggest downloading hyperedit, even as a temporary measure, and using that instead.

Use the orbit editor to put your things in orbit around the right body, then the lander to land them. :)

Also, next time, scroll down a bit, and you'll find the questions sub-forum. (And even more awesome things below that.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.