[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

i find this really weird, you prefer having a nice iva while the outside view is blank white and is just a square?

RoboRay is obviously not saying that. The point is I think that pods/cockpits shape should be designed with IVA viewability in mind, just like real pods/cockpits would. Then the detaield IVA can always be added in a later state, while the exterior model is done first.

Anyone else getting parts randomly 'crashed into launchpad' when in general operation? Was launching some satellites (from the plane), went back to my spaceplane afterwards to land it and the vertical stabalisers and part of the left wing had 'crashed into launchpad'. Then when landing, I went to the map view to see my approx landing position then back out of the map to find that now my right wing was gone too :(

This is on 64bit so thats probably why but thought I'd add this 'bug'.

I've seen a few people mention this, and yesterday it happened to myself. Right delta wing exploded above the runway, F3 - 'crashed into launchpad'. I'm on 32bit so its not a 64bit issue. I have absolutely no idea why this happens. If I remember correctly, the same happened to me with a stock spaceplane a while back, so it might be a generic KSP glitch, but I'm not sure. Gotta keep an eye on this.

As a pilot, I wish more more mod-makers would prioritize IVA-usability at the top of their design criteria, as it is in the real-world. Instead, it's usually an afterthought that doesn't get much attention until the shape of the cockpit model has already been settled, at which point it's too late. Visibility has to be designed in from the beginning, not worked out at the end.

You're right there, I have to confess, while I kept visibility in mind right from the start, it was pretty much eyeballed. While on the Standard cockpit it kinda worked out, on the inline cockpit I estimated things wrongly. In my defense, Kerbals have such damn large heads, it makes it difficult to place them in a narrow cockpit, with their eyes high enough to see below the horizon, and not clip into the ceiling with their big heads. I thought and designed this with human proportions in mind which was the mistake.

I bet if we scaled up the inline cockpit to human sizes, a human would have decent visibility in there. If I was to redesign it, it would look much different. The top would be much higher, making it less sleek unfortunetely. Learned my lesson there.

After upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3, it cause the cockpit fall out at launch

I found out that we have to edit the .craft file to delete all camera module that should not exist in cockpit anymore.

you can find the module by "name = JSIExternalCameraSelector"

I didnt know they get saved into the craft file?! Wasn't such a good idea to put them there...

Just do what cashen said and replace the cockpit.

you prefer having a nice iva while the outside view is blank white and is just a square?

:confused:

In my defense, Kerbals have such damn large heads, it makes it difficult to place them in a narrow cockpit, with their eyes high enough to see below the horizon, and not clip into the ceiling with their big heads. I thought and designed this with human proportions in mind which was the mistake.

Yes, the proportional differences between us and kerbals does give KSP cockpit design some very different requirements than in the real world. Kerbal giant foreheads are much harder to design around.

This is a beautiful pack - and not too many parts either, just the right amount.

Kudos, Porkjet! Definitely adding this to my list of favorite part mods.

(I especially like the inline probe core, how the LF/O variants match their liquid fuel counterparts, and the edges of the wing bits that lets them fit together so well.)

Ahh I remember when this was just a babby mod... Very glad you have FAR support, but I'm still not seeing any engines in shape of the fuselage! ;) Maybe that can be something to think about :D

Love this so much!

Ok, there is a weird issue which may or may not be 64bit specific involving the cargo bays for the Mk2 fuselage. Whenever I click to attach them while they are lined up with other pieces, they jump out of place and don't attach. However, if I attach them with the node used for attaching cargo, it stays just fine. Has anyone else observed this behavior?

Cool stuff!

There is some issue with the mod, though. I used a rapier with T/W-ratio 1.09 for the first try, and reached 400m/s under 200m (without FAR). Seems like the parts don't produce drag or so.

Ok, there is a weird issue which may or may not be 64bit specific involving the cargo bays for the Mk2 fuselage. Whenever I click to attach them while they are lined up with other pieces, they jump out of place and don't attach. However, if I attach them with the node used for attaching cargo, it stays just fine. Has anyone else observed this behavior?

The nodes do that because the lower node is for the cargo bay outside to connect to other parts, the other is the center so you can place things inside. If you angle camera side on it, you can make sure it is flush with your other parts.

Is there an issue with this mod and RPM in the x64 bit KSP?? Because I have just those two installed, and the Cockpit only shows 1 RPM monitor in the whole thing...

Close, it's between this mod and RPM. Although I don't know if 1.3 changed anything, here's what worked for me in 1.2:

There is an issue with RPM .17 because of the modulemanager patches. What happens is the old RPM screen was "RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD" and the new one is "RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD". The MM patch file "0.16-0.17-upgrade-patch.cfg" that comes with RPM .17 does this but for some reason only does it to the first one it finds for the IVA and the rest (10 others for the SP+ pit) don't get changed, and since "RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD" doesn't exist anymore you don't get them.

An easy fix is to edit the SP+ pit internal file and change all 11 entries from "RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD" to "RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD".

Notepad+ makes this very easy, edit "KSP_win\GameData\SpaceplanePlus\Spaces\Mk2CockpitStandardInternals\internalRPM.cfg", in the menu choose Search - Replace... , put RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD in the 'Find what:' box and RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD in the 'Replace with:' box and hit the replace button.

http://i.imgur.com/CQsE99m.jpg?1

Close, it's between this mod and RPM. Although I don't know if 1.3 changed anything, here's what worked for me in 1.2:

The changelog for v1.3 says Porkjet updated it for RPM .17, so it should work natively now.

Just wanted to say THANKS for this awesome mod, really well done! Just love the sleek designs and the variety of parts, especially the LFO tanks and the cargo bay. Spaceplanes never looked this cool before.

I had the "crashed into launchpad" issue once as well. It happened when I began reentry at Kerbin (back from Minmus) at ~50km altitude. Both delta wings were ripped off during a timewarp change (physics warp x4->x2). I was in mapmode during this, so I didn't notice it right away, just when the debris objects appeared on the map.

Is there an issue with this mod and RPM in the x64 bit KSP?? Because I have just those two installed, and the Cockpit only shows 1 RPM monitor in the whole thing...

Do you have v1.3? Shouldn't happen there anymore.

Just wanted to say THANKS for this awesome mod, really well done! Just love the sleek designs and the variety of parts, especially the LFO tanks and the cargo bay. Spaceplanes never looked this cool before.

I had the "crashed into launchpad" issue once as well. It happened when I began reentry at Kerbin (back from Minmus) at ~50km altitude. Both delta wings were ripped off during a timewarp change (physics warp x4->x2). I was in mapmode during this, so I didn't notice it right away, just when the debris objects appeared on the map.

Thank you, glad you like it.

Did the "crashed into launchpad" bug happen to you with parts from this mod or with stock parts?

Did the "crashed into launchpad" bug happen to you with parts from this mod or with stock parts?

Happened with a spaceplane built almost exclusively from Spaceplane+ parts.

Cockpit, long cargobay, the long LFO fuel module, the big delta wings in front of some cuboid wing parts, some intakes and (stock) engine pods mounted on the cuboid wings. Stock canards as front wings and some SP+ control surfaces behind the main wings.

1 turbojet in the center and 2 909 on the pods if i remember right. The pods had fuel lines back and forth to the main hull.

Cargobay contained some science stuff and scansat modules. Only other mod part was a KER chip.

All in all a rather simple plane. The wing was not strutted and only attached to the long LFO fuel module.

I will let you know when it happens again, maybe with pics and logs.

man, i love this pack. the only things left would be (bigger) landing gear and some air brakes.

i use b9 for that, if you dont have b9 or enough space for b9 dont worry, i only have b9 landing gear,intakes and airbreaks, you can delete a lot of the parts if you like and dont worry about graphic mismatches , i think b9 fits sp+ designs perfectly. although i would still love sp+ engine, i was told there was going to be something like a "scramjet" search if you dont know what it is.

1.3 works also good with rpm 0.18 people, dont forget to update.

Happened with a spaceplane built almost exclusively from Spaceplane+ parts.

Cockpit, long cargobay, the long LFO fuel module, the big delta wings in front of some cuboid wing parts, some intakes and (stock) engine pods mounted on the cuboid wings. Stock canards as front wings and some SP+ control surfaces behind the main wings.

1 turbojet in the center and 2 909 on the pods if i remember right. The pods had fuel lines back and forth to the main hull.

Cargobay contained some science stuff and scansat modules. Only other mod part was a KER chip.

All in all a rather simple plane. The wing was not strutted and only attached to the long LFO fuel module.

I will let you know when it happens again, maybe with pics and logs.

Ah ok thank you. Not what I was hoping to hear tho X). I have the growing suspicion this could actually be a problem with SP+. But how? The wings are pretty much an exact copy of the stock equivalents, nothing new or special about them.

Found an old album where I actually have this with stock parts on screenshots. This was even before I started modding, maybe 0.21 or so, and unfortunetely the log doesn't say anything about 'collided with launchpad' so idk if its the same bug. http://imgur.com/a/Yzj22#19

man, i love this pack. the only things left would be (bigger) landing gear and some air brakes.

This will definetly happen. Tho I'm not looking forward to making the landing gear. Wheels are apparently the most complicated part you could mod for KSP.

Just found this little mod floating in orbit around kerbin...

You have me sold.

Now, there is Inline Docking ports, Inline drones, Inline cargo bays, What else can we make inline? :D*I dislike parts that stick out and make unaerodynamic bits*

I reckon an inline belly-opening cargo bay would send people into fits of euphoria, haha. Think of the weapons that could go in there!

Flight deck looks fine with 1.3 and RPM 0.18. I used to get the one-screen syndrome with 1.2 but it was definitely fixed with 1.3. Here's a picture of Jeb smiling at the external camera.

CD10D2E43014FBF818353D48E4230D4D65C18EDF