Upgradable KSC

Something that money could be used for when it gets implemented is upgrading the KSC. For example, you would only start with a small VAB. From there you would have to buy a larger VAB to make bigger rockets, a dirt runway, upgraded to a paved runway, a launch pad, runway lights, a tracking station, etc. This would really help with the progression of the game since then not only are the ships evolving, but the space center as well.

I'm honestly surprised that this idea isn't on the WNTSL, it has been suggested so many times simply because it is such a good idea, I can't recall if the devs have made a comment on this or not. I think that this would also go well with a discovery mechanic.

TL;DR

I'm all for it.

Edited by Dodgey

There was a plan to have the KSC destructible by falling debris (and presumably upgradable to fix/develop it). The remodelling of the KSC during 0.21 and 0.22 to its current hexagon grid was supposedly a precursor to allowing that.

Alas, devs moved on and it went a little quiet.

Confirmed. I was one of the people that has suggested this before. I wasn't the first and sure as hell wasn't the last.

TMS is also correct SQUAD had plans along those very same lines. Both in upgrading and developing KSC as in maintenance and repair.

The ARM release in 0.23.5 included a lot of features that where originally planned for 0.24. To my knowledge that's the main reason why SQUAD has not yet released 0.24. Without the ARM pack I am pretty sure we'd already have an 0.24 but I highly doubt we would have many more features than we have right now.

The ARM release in 0.23.5 included a lot of features that where originally planned for 0.24. To my knowledge that's the main reason why SQUAD has not yet released 0.24. Without the ARM pack I am pretty sure we'd already have an 0.24 but I highly doubt we would have many more features than we have right now.

That and the fact that contracts were useless without money, so now money (and other features that go along with it) are being added. 0.24 will be quite a large release.

I agree, and I think access to building hangars and warehouses to store craft, and building runways in different location -expanding the company would give some extra aim for the game.

I heard once, in either a livestream or a video, from C7 that an upgradeable space program is coming. Whether that was scrapped in place of the science collecting, I don't know. I hope not though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.