[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

Working on the next update. Just an issue with the trunk is stopping me from releasing it at the moment. In the meantime here is an early work in progress of the next probe parts. Can anyone guess what it is?

9jeFLI5.png

Heh, that would be a pretty funny texture. Thanks, yeah I thought of the idea a week or so ago and thought it would be fun. :)

I like the look of the new model, but I think the scale is a little off, the new top fairing is too small for a standard docking port, and the node is floating above the top.

Can you post a pic? I don't seem to see this issue. :huh:

Here you go.

98505DAE4E5F00A2B44AB02804FD1A4B24830148

As you can see the port is sitting on the node, which is floating above the capsule, also the space is smaller then the clamp-o-tron port, if I tried to surface attach it where it's supposed to go, the edges of the port clip through the fairing. Also, it's not level.

I'm not sure why it looks like all the RCS are firing in the VAB either, that seems to happen to a lot of mod capsules, but I think that's unrelated.

Here you go.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/35248838809892702/98505DAE4E5F00A2B44AB02804FD1A4B24830148/

As you can see the port is sitting on the node, which is floating above the capsule, also the space is smaller then the clamp-o-tron port, if I tried to surface attach it where it's supposed to go, the edges of the port clip through the fairing. Also, it's not level.

I'm not sure why it looks like all the RCS are firing in the VAB either, that seems to happen to a lot of mod capsules, but I think that's unrelated.

Did you look at your log the RCS firing most the time is a bug in a mod you are running ? or a bad cfg.

EDIT- See screenshot9.png

Edited by Mecripp2

Here you go.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/35248838809892702/98505DAE4E5F00A2B44AB02804FD1A4B24830148/

I can't seem to reproduce that since my results look like MeCripp's picture. Can you try on a stock install and see if it still happens?

- - - Updated - - -

Version 0.4 is available on KerbalStuff!

-Added LADEE parts called Staub

-Changed the solar panels to use the modules from NearFuture thanks to Nertea

-Some other bug fixes that I can't remember

FRO6RIX.png

I'm not too concerned by the RCS firing, it's annoying, but that's about it, I'll look at the log though to see what's up with that.

I'll look at it in an unmodded game, I'm not sure what mod would do this though, I'm not using tweakscale.

I'm not too concerned by the RCS firing, it's annoying, but that's about it, I'll look at the log though to see what's up with that.

I'll look at it in an unmodded game, I'm not sure what mod would do this though, I'm not using tweakscale.

Could you send me the log too?

here's the output log from the modded install:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcstvdgyx5xi4kv/output_log.txt?dl=0

After a quick glance, I found this. Try it without KTwitter.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KTwitter.KTwitter.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

ok, I have no idea why KTwitter had anything to do with it, but removing it seemed to fix the problem.

Yeah, when I saw KTwitter in the log, I had a feeling that was the problem. In my career mode on my modded install I had problems in the editor with KTwitter.

Haven't had any problems with this mod, just wanted to say it is really good and simple, i like it!

Also, please add the IVAs!

Glad you like it! I'll probably get to the IVA after I get done with the probe pack. :)

I HAD to say it, didn't i? just opened the game and this happened, the capsule sizes are all weird... (i have tweakscale, but didn't use on this craft)

http://i.imgur.com/ymr0dhu.jpg

im having the same problem went to the moon's orbit with the capsule.

than i went to do something else,came back to the capsule and the size was smaller,i don't even have tweakscale installed.