[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

11 hours ago, tschieggm said:

pingopete - I love the work you've been doing with RVE, it really creates an immersive and beautiful solar system to explore.

If you get a spare moment - would it be possible to add an Open Source licence to your project on github? I was thinking of forking it and tinkering with some of the configs. BSD, Apache and MIT are all excellent choices.

How would I go about doing this?

Can anyone help some problems.

1.for some reason RVE 0.90 is not applying;.;.

1.If I look at the land from 500 meters I see some blue ocean color glitches on the land

2.from 3000 meter  I see atmosphere above and space at the horizon.

3.cites which are supposed to be on land appears blue.

4.From map view or from space Earth's atmosphere appears to be a cube extending to 12000 meters.

5.For some reason RVE 1.0.4 does not apply on other planets that Earth.

6.Under water it appears black.

7.During Sunrise or sunset when there is supposed to be less light or sun if supposed to be below the horizon the sun still shines like it is day but sunshine and land brightness during sunset and sunrise do not match.

2 minutes ago, Curiosity7907 said:

Can anyone help some problems.

1.for some reason RVE 0.90 is not applying;.;.

1.If I look at the land from 500 meters I see some blue ocean color glitches on the land

2.from 3000 meter  I see atmosphere above and space at the horizon.

3.cites which are supposed to be on land appears blue.

4.From map view or from space Earth's atmosphere appears to be a cube extending to 12000 meters.

5.For some reason RVE 1.0.4 does not apply on other planets that Earth.

6.Under water it appears black.

7.During Sunrise or sunset when there is supposed to be less light or sun if supposed to be below the horizon the sun still shines like it is day but sunshine and land brightness during sunset and sunrise do not match.

Ok firstly pls what version are you running win32 or linux64. Secondly RVE0.9 is very outdated and will not work properly with any new setup. Finally please read the known issues on the OP and in the Github Readme.txt, many of these issues are already known.

1. pics please

2. provided you're using rve0.9(sound like it) you need to hit apply in eve GUI and/or you are trying to run EVE atmosphere when it shouldnt be (not sure which version you're trying)

3. pics please

4. apply in GUI or extra EVE configs for atmosphere not supposed to be there like if you're using the latest rve for windows?

5. Other planets are not adressed yet this is stated in OP, readme.txt and github

6. underwater has not been adressed yet (will put in OP)

7. bug with scatterer and/or RSS

Sorry for sounding blunt but a lot of these issues are already mentioned in the OP and readme please read the install instructions and known bugs meticulously before install

54 minutes ago, pingopete said:

Ok firstly pls what version are you running win32 or linux64. Secondly RVE0.9 is very outdated and will not work properly with any new setup. Finally please read the known issues on the OP and in the Github Readme.txt, many of these issues are already known.

1. pics please

2. provided you're using rve0.9(sound like it) you need to hit apply in eve GUI and/or you are trying to run EVE atmosphere when it shouldnt be (not sure which version you're trying)

3. pics please

4. apply in GUI or extra EVE configs for atmosphere not supposed to be there like if you're using the latest rve for windows?

5. Other planets are not adressed yet this is stated in OP, readme.txt and github

6. underwater has not been adressed yet (will put in OP)

7. bug with scatterer and/or RSS

Sorry for sounding blunt but a lot of these issues are already mentioned in the OP and readme please read the install instructions and known bugs meticulously before install

I am running on windows 8.1 32bit 

Until there is better version being developed can you please tell RSS visual mods?

Here are the pictures:https://imgur.com/a/Fi0m8.

Edited by Curiosity7907

Just now, Curiosity7907 said:

I mean Until the bugs are being fixed by then which RSS visual mod i should use?

ah well unfortunately all versions are currently plagued in one way or another with visual bugs, I'd probably reccomend the latest windows versions as it will be updated to 1.0.5 soon. Else I'd just leave RVE alone for the time being, really want x64 KSP on windows so I can use my editing software without having to restart my PC each time :P

9 hours ago, pingopete said:

...really want x64 KSP on windows so I can use my editing software without having to restart my PC each time :P

Have you tried the 64 bit workaround for Windows?  It's pretty unstable with heavily modded installs, but I've found that linux gets just as, if not more buggy, with what I try to run, so I've gone back to using it.  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/105592-windows-64-bit-community-workaround/

11 minutes ago, Chris P. Bacon said:

Have you tried the 64 bit workaround for Windows?  It's pretty unstable with heavily modded installs, but I've found that linux gets just as, if not more buggy, with what I try to run, so I've gone back to using it.  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/105592-windows-64-bit-community-workaround/

Yeah, I came away from it a while back when I started getting frequent ctd's and RSS related mods stopped supporting it directly. I think to ask RVE users to undergo an even more trecherous path may cause more issues than benefits.. and now scatterer incorporation, which is even less friendly with opengl :(

20 hours ago, Chris P. Bacon said:

Yeah, was just thinking ya might find it easier to edit stuff on, I wouldn't recommend it for general users.  I've always used it to setup my linux installs, since most all of my editing software is on Windows.

Yeah that's fair, anyone have a rough idea of a rough timescale for an even rougher release date for 1.1? :D

Honestly I would say at this point, just wait for 1.1, unless it's going to take EVE and scatterer forever to update to 1.1 themselves. Could someone who is somewhat knowledgeable in the EVE and scatterer settings make a quick and dirty fix? Might even look into it myself.

On 12/18/2015 at 1:42 AM, ReventonHawx said:

Honestly I would say at this point, just wait for 1.1, unless it's going to take EVE and scatterer forever to update to 1.1 themselves. Could someone who is somewhat knowledgeable in the EVE and scatterer settings make a quick and dirty fix? Might even look into it myself.

Well I can't wait to 2016.But however in the otherside I am still waiting for 1.1 but I am sure that 1.1 is going to add cyan color oceans and will never add visuals like which picture I showed you.

1. Hey all. I followed the instructions and got the mod working - mostly. I seem to have the same issues as others that require you to hit apply on the  eve settings. But I'm not able to pull up any eve settings screen by pressing alt+e at the launchpad.

Any ideas what might be happening? I press escape to pause the game but alt+e does nothing. I get the cloud cover and everything looks mostly great. Just some of the visual glitches similar to a few posts up.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by gonzo98x

13 hours ago, gonzo98x said:
  1. Hey all. I followed the instructions and got the mod working - mostly. I seem to have the same issues as others that require you to hit apply on the  eve settings. But I'm not able to pull up any eve settings screen by pressing alt+e at the launchpad.

Any ideas what might be happening? I press escape to pause the game but alt+e does nothing. I get the cloud cover and everything looks mostly great. Just some of the visual glitches similar to a few posts up.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, sounds like your using an older version of eve mod, you can try rolling back to the old version  that version of rve was made for, else alt+0

So I just got this mod and works for earth on the most part but was wondering why my Sun hasn't changed at all. I put the shared assets file in ksp data why hasn't my Sun changed. Also is this mod supposed to change apeerance of other planets too because earth is the only one that has changed on mine. Thanks for making this mod I can tell it will be awesome when it is finished

hi guys!!! i am loving the latest developments on this and want to try out the latest version. I followed the instructions in the OP but when hitting Alt+0 in the runway/launchpad I get a message saying there are no cloud configs present. however I can see the terrain has changed as the city textures are loading up, so that's weird right? any clues on what could be happening?

nevermind, I got confused by the latest EVE updates and downloaded the wrong version. the one that worked for me is at https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/blob/0d0f0b2a89353a9b3a323c7191639b3ff9bb62ac/x86-Release.zip?raw=true

now only thing left to fix is the red sun & red haze i'm getting :P would anyone know how to go about this issue?

ksp_red_sun.png

>>> again nevermind, I think I had a conflicting clouds.cfg file in there that was messing with my graphics. i disabled it via Alt+E and now everything looks perfect!!!!! this is awesome, thanks so much pingopete & all !!!!

Edited by pvnkb1tch

On 28/12/2015 at 0:20 PM, StallionHurdler said:

So I just got this mod and works for earth on the most part but was wondering why my Sun hasn't changed at all. I put the shared assets file in ksp data why hasn't my Sun changed. Also is this mod supposed to change apeerance of other planets too because earth is the only one that has changed on mine. Thanks for making this mod I can tell it will be awesome when it is finished

That's weird, what os are you running? Also other planets aren't support currently but will be, this is on the front page :P

2 hours ago, pingopete said:

That's weird, what os are you running? Also other planets aren't support currently but will be, this is on the front page :P

I am on windows 8.1 64 bit, and sorry about missing that on the front page. I have watched other people on YouTube use it and it looks beautiful, but I have been struggling to get it to work. I know their is a lot of fixes to be made that have been posted on the front page so I can not wait to see this get mod get finished cause I have seen the potential it has on YouTube, but the Sun and textures are not really working for me. Sun for me did not change at all and textures and clouds work on my first launch than usually stop when I go back to space center or change crafts it seems.  

So here's a weird one for you. I install the mod and everything looks to be working as expected. I get the glitches that are already known and I don't have city lights at night but the clouds are there and the terrain looks good. Beautiful blue atmospheric glow from space. But the sun...oooooo the sun. If I copy the sharedassets9 file from RVE to KSP_Data I get a CTD after I click to load a saved game (or start a new game). The game loads find and from the main menu I can click settings or start game but once it goes to load the game crashes. I remove he shared assests file and the everything is fine.

This occurs for me using a new install with ONLY the mods listed to run RVE. (Scatterer, EVE, RSS) Not of the recommended mods are installed. Also, it happens for me under standard KSP, OpenGL KSP, DX11 KSP and KSP64. Weird right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.