[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Ok, almost solved. Got the rover (root part) manned and the Flight Computer spam ended, so that was clearly the source of the problem even though it wasn't the unit in control. I'm guessing I have ModuleSPU getting added to the manned command modules and that's what freaked it out. I've been away from this a while - gotten a bit rusty.

I have a suggestion on changing the behavior of this mod slightly.

Now when you lose connection while being throttled up, it instantly cuts the engine back to zero. It would be good as a safety mechanic but I think it's better if it kept running without any way to give it a stop command. After all, this is a realism/difficulty mod.

I thought about suggesting this when I tried to do a deorbit burn on the last bit of fuel of a spent upper stage (which had a 500km omni antenna), which only had to burn all it's remaining fuel in the direction it was pointing to complete the move, then it just suddenly stopped burning with fuel still left just because it went out of range from the payload (which was relaying the signal).

I haven't tested this out using the flight computer, but at least for manual controls this is an issue I think.

I am having an issue when I try to target a dish the dts-m1 it keeps repeating the vessel name and creating a new tab endlessly. for instance if my sat is names commsat1 and I open the target screen a tab commsat1 is created, then another, then another, then another....infinitely or until I close the gui. If I open the target gui again it starts back with one copy, and then another, and so on again????

If this does not make sense I can make a camtasia video.

I am having an issue when I try to target a dish the dts-m1 it keeps repeating the vessel name and creating a new tab endlessly. for instance if my sat is names commsat1 and I open the target screen a tab commsat1 is created, then another, then another, then another....infinitely or until I close the gui. If I open the target gui again it starts back with one copy, and then another, and so on again????

If this does not make sense I can make a camtasia video.

What ModuleManager.*.*.* you running and how many ? you just need 1.

Ok, almost solved. Got the rover (root part) manned and the Flight Computer spam ended, so that was clearly the source of the problem even though it wasn't the unit in control. I'm guessing I have ModuleSPU getting added to the manned command modules and that's what freaked it out. I've been away from this a while - gotten a bit rusty.

That makes sense. If I'm understanding the code right, the first SPU found on walking the vessel tree becomes the master for that vessel. If the master SPU can't control the vessel (probe core out of power or capsule with no crew) when you hit the code that pulls commands from the queue and checks the SPU status, commands get dropped even if there's another SPU on the vessel that could have processed them.

That makes sense. If I'm understanding the code right, the first SPU found on walking the vessel tree becomes the master for that vessel. If the master SPU can't control the vessel (probe core out of power or capsule with no crew) when you hit the code that pulls commands from the queue and checks the SPU status, commands get dropped even if there's another SPU on the vessel that could have processed them.

That's how I interpret it as well. I think if I make sure I don't add the SPU to manned capsules, or make sure to set their minimum crew to 0 in that case, that'll also solve the problem.

What ModuleManager.*.*.* you running and how many ? you just need 1.

I just have one MM installed. I am using the latest jenkins build 2.5.2. I will put the latest release back in 2.5.1 to see if it makes a difference if you think that might be causing the issue.

I just have one MM installed. I am using the latest jenkins build 2.5.2. I will put the latest release back in 2.5.1 to see if it makes a difference if you think that might be causing the issue.

Thats just one that they started playing with trying new integrated patch caching, I would stay with 2.5.1 to they work out any bugs.

Stupid question moment, but I saw it mentioned somewhere and I just can't seem to find it again: Do omni directional antenna ranges stack when multiple are mounted and active on the same craft?

Tricky ? thats if you change some settings in your RTsetting.cfg and IMO it's not that big of a boost for the trouble IMO and sorry not sure been sometime that, I play with it and don't remember but there where some post on it.

I'm playing with RSS/RO and the ground station is located in South America, needless to say I don't have a connection from my launch point in the Cape and I need a little extra range to uplink with a crewed relay in order to launch.

I'm playing with RSS/RO and the ground station is located in South America, needless to say I don't have a connection from my launch point in the Cape and I need a little extra range to uplink with a crewed relay in order to launch.

Please make a back of file first but try this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/RT2_RSS.zip

EDIT- There is a rough readme file with it.

Edited by Mecripp2

Oh I found the line of code in the file, rather obvious, multiple antenna thing. Just changed the value from 0 to 1.

Here it is:

"MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 1"

Thats not going to help much in RSS unless you use a patch for RSS.

EDIT- That add more base's and longer range.

I may or may not add more base stations (probably just very short range 5km omnis at the launch sites so I can do the initial uplink to a geosynch bird), I'm using RO as well. For the time being a crewed relay in orbit is sufficient to get an uplink established and getting the initial relay sat in place, and from there it's just adding more birds to the constellation.

FYI, setting MultipleAntennaMultiplier will increase the range linearly according to the (1 + the factor given) * (number of extra omni antennae). So setting it to 1 will double the range if you have 2, triple if you have 3, etc. Personally, I have mine set to 0.2, which requires a lot of extra weight on the probe for omnis to replace even the most basic dishes. (3 to reach to KEO from LKO, and only just barely.)

That said, I'm playing with stock Kerbol, not RSS. Either way you probably want to pick up the configs for RSS, so the antenna ranges make sense.

The antenna ranges were switched over as part of the whole RO package. :)

The best omni only reaches up about 10km but GEO is 31k and change. So, setting of 1 and four omnis and I can uplink with my GEO bird from the pad. A directional antenna is a must for any interplanetary distances though.

I have an problem...

I installed RT2 per the instructions. I now have a remotetech subdir. In it there are all the parts...

However in VAB I do not see the parts under the science tab. And this in a sandbox game. Why would that be?

I have an problem...

I installed RT2 per the instructions. I now have a remotetech subdir. In it there are all the parts...

However in VAB I do not see the parts under the science tab. And this in a sandbox game. Why would that be?

Looking at ksp.log I see that the objets appear to be loaded. In the map screen I also get the RT buttons to switch the display of communication links on or off. I see that probes have a SPU, and the build in omni etc...

So the dll appears to be loaded and applied. The module manager configures appear to have effect.

But where are the antennas? I did not have this problem in the past...

One change I would very much like is the ability to activate and target antennae even without a current connection. I know this is being discussed already, so I'm not asking for the mod creator to make this happen.

Rather, I'm asking what module I should be looking at to make the necessary changes myself. (I'm not familiar with C#, but I doubt it'll be that hard to figure out.) Would it be, as seems likely, in ModuleRTAntenna?

One change I would very much like is the ability to activate and target antennae even without a current connection. I know this is being discussed already, so I'm not asking for the mod creator to make this happen.

Rather, I'm asking what module I should be looking at to make the necessary changes myself. (I'm not familiar with C#, but I doubt it'll be that hard to figure out.) Would it be, as seems likely, in ModuleRTAntenna?

Can't you just edit the RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg and RemoteTech_Squad_Antennas.cfg and change all the

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]

{

allowManualControl = false <------ To true

}

Hi - Thanks for the terrific mod.

Is there any way for the flight computer to remember the settings inputted when switching vessels? I just switched between 2 satellites which I had just set up for Mun insertion burns and made a cuppa ... came back and they were heading off into the void.

Sorry, did a thread search but came up with little useful info on the topic.

I guess, my post didn't connect with the community. I should have used a stronger antenna. I know this mod is not an autopilot, but without being able to switch vessels and keep the burn/manoeuvre settings; does it not render the mod problematic over the long duration flights and the command console useless?

I know that looks like a flame post, but I'm willing to get into the code if there is the ability to solve this issue. The problem may be KSP itself not being able to change trajectories etc on non-active vessels. Is the way forward some type of alarm system which switches (notifies) to non-active vessels with burn orders. I know kerbal alarm clock integration is available, but without persistent command console data, is the only choice to have 100% antenna coverage?

I'm not just a complainer, I'm willing to code. What is the way forward?