What are some good sandbox games?

dryer_lint

Anyone know any good sandbox-like games for PC? The Steam summer sale is going on as I post this, so I'm wondering what I should buy with 11 dollars... the KSP forums are helpful, so let's share our opinions! :D

Who will be the first person to answer with "Kerbal Space Program"?

Minecraft?

It's good, but never EVER join their online community. It's deadly.

If you want a real life sandbox game, how about some good old LEGOs?

I second this Every time I go into the minecraft community I just picture every comment and post as coming from an 8 year old whining brat. I can't get it out of my head and this occured in about 2 days. Also I would not suggest you play minecraft online, because it sucks for almost the same reason. The beauty of the game to me lies in the solo aspect and it is great in that regard.

As for a sandbox game suggestion I can give you one that has given me hours of inter game joy and its free,

http://www.scuzzstuff.org/oe_cake/

Basically you throw together materials/liquids with all kinds of custom properties and see how they react with each other, you can also make some very complex experiments, well worth a shot. Be sure to read up on how to mix and google for the Oe cake recipe helper.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.