[v0.90/v.25]Transparent Pods v1.2.2 for KSP v0.90

nli2work

Greetings,

Frist off GREAT MOD! i really love it, However i've had a few small problems with making my planes too large for a single engine. HOWEVER that is not your fault just mine. anywho here is the TMKS Spitfire, A Craft with EIGHT 50cal Machine guns mounted into the wings, and two 250 bombs just under the cockpit.

This craft is very nimble and turns and climbs very well. Something that I am proud to place "the Mass Key Shipyards" monker on.

And now picture time!

th_TMKS-Spitfire_zps2b154331.png

Have same issue on my scout aircraft:

going straigt: http://i.imgur.com/y7v6JjB.jpg?1

starts to turn left at 50m/s: http://i.imgur.com/l3kGshI.jpg?1

Also i should mention that starting position of "Stowable Wheel" is very :rolleyes:

I've increased the suspension on all landing gears in 1.6.2; are they still too mushy?

Yes I know, the initial direction is odd to say the least. partly because it's a hacky way of doing side deploy gears and still use landing gear module (unless you want to use action group to deploy them and have no suspension); but only way I can think of without a plugin. In game one gear is pointed forward, the other is backward. I may be able to improve it some fiddling with the attach node directions.

Edited by nli2work

How do I install the alternate colors (The white top block bottom) with the latest version? It seems the readme isn't updated for the new ones.

extract the PNGs into RetroFuture/Textures

it will replace 6 textures:

med2mFuselage_DIF

rectCkPit_DIF

rectCkPit_NRM

rectFuselage_DIF

rectFuselage_NRM

rFpWing_DIF

I've increased the suspension on all landing gears in 1.6.2; are they still too mushy?.
NO, they aren't.

I should mention,this is my favorite basic mod.I build everything around it(back to 32bit!).The pics. are from latest release(you mention it).I don't intend to use "Stowable Wheel" on other craft since i already balaceced that out,i'm more interesting about FX and parts that there are missing(Is it possible to add "wing mount adaptor A" shaped nose cone to fit retro cockpit.(Not looking for another B9 or FS)).Can do most of the work my self,just don't have talent for modeling(should i say lazy,but i'm not!!)

In game one gear is pointed forward, the other is backward.
I'm very aware of that,but if there is no drive and wheels are spinning freely,why should that mather?

Hah! You're getting +rep from me just for that!

Anyway, my propellers aren't animated. They're just disks with a blurred texture. Can anyone save me apart from Batman?

installed/updated Firespitter? Anything related to the propeller engines are most likely due to missing Firespitter plugin. Unless you are in x64... in which case it could be anything.

installed/updated Firespitter? Anything related to the propeller engines are most likely due to missing Firespitter plugin. Unless you are in x64... in which case it could be anything.

Thanks, good sir. I thought it had something to do with firespitter! But I'm no coder, so I didn't know for sure.

*EDIT* nope. still doesn't work. it just broke the IVAs, can't hear the sounds and the props still don't spin. Module manager says that the Firespitter.dll is out of date. I just downloaded it though. Is there a new link?

Edited by One-Way Films
uh oh

Thanks, good sir. I thought it had something to do with firespitter! But I'm no coder, so I didn't know for sure.

*EDIT* nope. still doesn't work. it just broke the IVAs, can't hear the sounds and the props still don't spin. Module manager says that the Firespitter.dll is out of date. I just downloaded it though. Is there a new link?

download it from here http://snjo.github.io/

also make sure ModuleManager is up to date, http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219

Not sure.. what's debug log say? I'm not able to replicate it.

Ah I saved over it by accident. Funny enough I saw it happen on a friends' computer earlier. He doesn't have pWings and the only part from RF was an Anywhere Cockpit. The lift vector started doing wacky things. So.. could be something else entirely. *IT IS A MYSTERY*

BTW can we have some 4m fuel tanks, please? :D And TweakScale compatibility would be great. It's so handy to adjust landing gear, especially!

Edited by SmiteZero

Ah I saved over it by accident. Funny enough I saw it happen on a friends' computer earlier. He doesn't have pWings and the only part from RF was an Anywhere Cockpit. The lift vector started doing wacky things. So.. could be something else entirely. *IT IS A MYSTERY*

BTW can we have some 4m fuel tanks, please? :D And TweakScale compatibility would be great. It's so handy to adjust landing gear, especially!

I had the inverted vector briefly, then it went back to normal after restarting the game. it's odd.

and yeah I need to add the MM code to prevent pWings from loading if pWing isn't installed. a broken part will prevent subsequent parts from loading correctly. there will an update later today with a minor tweak on the main pWing piece, see if it helps any.

I'll add tweakScale patch soon.

Awesome! I can't wait!

I found just now that by rotating the root part it causes the lift vector to act funky. Not sure if there may be other causes.

And oh, I think I maybe found a few bugs with the nosewheel gear part. I think maybe they aren't locking/unlocking steering quite correctly from the SPH tweakables menu, or when switching to the flight scene.. or something. I'll investigate it further if you're interested.. Just throwing it out there for now.

Edited by SmiteZero

And oh, I think I maybe found a few bugs with the nosewheel gear part. I think maybe they aren't locking/unlocking steering quite correctly from the SPH tweakables menu, or when switching to the flight scene.. or something. I'll investigate it further if you're interested.. Just throwing it out there for now.

I'll take a look in the next few days.

And...

Retro-Future v1.6.3

New Parts:

• Rectangular Nose Intake (will adjust according to velocity if you have B9, for cosmetics)
  • Ramjet (WWII Era)
  • PulseJet (V1 type)
  • surface attach retractable docking port jr, with docking port light togglable by default light hotkey
  • 2.1m wide Cockpit, seats 2. direct Airlock access to Cargo hold.
  • 2.1m wide Field Science Lab. (cleans experiments, provides 1.25x transmission bonus, no duplicate reports)
  • 2.1m wide Utility section. configurable as enclosed cargo section; side open structural section; or side/bottom open structural section.
  • 2.1m wide Crew Compartment. direct Airlock access to Cargo hold. holds 4 Kerbals

full update info in OP

Out of curiosity, how did you get that supersonic effect? It's neat.

SmokeScreen! :D Set a particle source to emit just around Mach 1, and limit it to a low altitude. Only caveat is the position is fixed so it'd probably look a little odd on planes that are much larger or smaller than modern fighter jets. I was hoping to separate it from the engineFX using FSanimateGeneric and put the FX on the wing pieces but had no luck.

First, love the Eddie engines. Hopefully you see this b/c there is a bug. The ED625 and ED399 don't scale properly since the rescale factor bug was fixed in .25. The ED625 sits too low and the ED399 sits a bit too high. I don't know enough to fix it myself. Hopefully you see this.

First, love the Eddie engines. Hopefully you see this b/c there is a bug. The ED625 and ED399 don't scale properly since the rescale factor bug was fixed in .25. The ED625 sits too low and the ED399 sits a bit too high. I don't know enough to fix it myself. Hopefully you see this.

the scales are correct. make sure you are attaching to the correct stack node. they are thin discs essentially and it's easy to snap to the wrong attach node, especially with the smallest one, and it would look like the engine is clipped inside of what you want to attach to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.