Paper Space Program 1.8 (KSP Rocket Parts papercraft)

arc5555

Printed out all the parts for the Aeris A4 but with round intakes and without rcs thrusters. It's the same scale as the sensor array and looks quite complicated.

bcWfbys.jpg

What have I got myself into... Well if i succeed this will be epic.

P.S.

How awesome would a model of the kerbal space center be? Just a thought.

Printed out all the parts for the Aeris A4 but with round intakes and without rcs thrusters. It's the same scale as the sensor array and looks quite complicated.

http://i.imgur.com/bcWfbys.jpg

P.S.

Good luck with that.. :o Show us some piccies when you're finished ^-^

http://i.imgur.com/bcWfbys.jpg

P.S.

Oh wow , looking really complicated :D I tnink unfolding the KSC will be really hard :o BTW , i've started making the Space Plane + parts :)

Oh , it looks like the engines are too small :o It may happen because images are not the same size :blush:

Wait wait wait, what? You're telling me that not all of the images are the same size? Couldn't you have like, mentioned that earlier? I didnt even notice... It should be easy to rescale the round parts and reprint them, but what about the other stuff? How the hell can I know if the radial intakes (for example) are the right size?

EDIT: After measuring stuff by comparing it in-game to fuel tanks and printed out it seems that both of the wings are alright, the landing gear is okay, the standard control surfaces are a bit larger but still managable, the radial intakes and LV-45s are a bit smaller but not that noticble. Then the jet engines, jet fuel tank, cockpit and intakes are way too small, the radial docking port, sas and rcs are too big. I'll have to adjust that and re-print them. Gah.

Edited by MoffKalast

Wait wait wait, what? You're telling me that not all of the images are the same size? Couldn't you have like, mentioned that earlier? I didnt even notice... It should be easy to rescale the round parts and reprint them, but what about the other stuff? How the hell can I know if the radial intakes (for example) are the right size?

EDIT: After measuring stuff by comparing it in-game to fuel tanks and printed out it seems that both of the wings are alright, the landing gear is okay, the standard control surfaces are a bit larger but still managable, the radial intakes and LV-45s are a bit smaller but not that noticble. Then the jet engines, jet fuel tank, cockpit and intakes are way too small, the radial docking port, sas and rcs are too big. I'll have to adjust that and re-print them. Gah.

Lol sorry :o

Nevermind man, I got it sorted out :D I've got most of the fuselage done already, also wings and engines. Gear, cockpit, intakes and SAS planned for tomorrow (today, its 1:00 AM lol). Then you get pics. :)

I can't wait for them :D And i think i'll release the SpacePlane+ parts today ( i mean in about 10-12 hours from now ) :)

Hi , everyone ! The Spaceplane Plus parts are ready to download :D

Awesome! My Aeris A4 is almost complete, missing only 2 landing gear and the radial intakes. I still have no clue on how to make those things...

I hope there are enough holiday days left for me to make somehting out of these new parts after this project is done tomorrow. :)

Feel free to suggest any mods you'd like to see unfolded :)

No mods currently cross my mind. How about a small asteroid, so that grabing thingy can be used is some sort of diorama? :P

Awesome! My Aeris A4 is almost complete, missing only 2 landing gear and the radial intakes. I still have no clue on how to make those things...

I hope there are enough holiday days left for me to make somehting out of these new parts after this project is done tomorrow. :)

No mods currently cross my mind. How about a small asteroid, so that grabing thingy can be used is some sort of diorama? :P

Oh , the problem with the radial intakes is that they were totally made from scratch :confused: Hopefully you will come up with any ideas on how to build it :)

BTW , Asteroids are possible :D

Could we get a scale for these? say on each image add a ruler for scale? I was going to print tonight, but have been scared off by that. Otherwise, is there another way round it? I'm going to warm up with an IRL papercraft first.

For instance , the medium-sized (on KSP wiki they're called large) Fuel tanks are about 7 cm in diameter :) All the images are in an A4 format

It is done! The stock Aeris 4A (with round intakes). It measures about 23 cm in length and 17 in width. Made from 200g paper using the UHU universal twist and glue.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Sorry about the poor image quality, I took them with my crappy phone and later edited them so you can actually see something :P I figured out the radial intakes, they needed some modifying and I think the wheels are a bit weak but I don't think I'm gonna bother making them better.

P.S.

I've got an idea: why don't you collect all the images of ksp paper crafts and put them into the first post as an imgur album (and some higher resolution pics of your original builds too)? That way people would instantly know what can be done / has been done / how it looks and wouldn't need to scroll through all the pages.

Edited by MoffKalast

It is done! The stock Aeris 4A (with round intakes). It measures about 23 cm in length and 17 in width. Made from 200g paper using the UHU universal twist and glue.

http://imgur.com/a/KQJ0B

Sorry about the poor image quality, I did this with my crappy phone lol

P.S.

I've got an idea: why don't you collect all the images of ksp paper crafts and put them into the first post as an imgur album (and some higher resolution pics of your original builds too)? That way people would instantly know what can be done / has been done / how it looks and wouldn't need to scroll through all the pages.

That looks awesome :D And OK , i'll make an album :)

P.S. UHU Universal Twist&Glue is a great thing, good choice :D

P.S.S. I'll try to modify the radial intakes a bit soon :confused:

Edited by arc5555

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.