Paper Space Program 1.8 (KSP Rocket Parts papercraft)

arc5555

Hah I was browsing the web for any new paper models all afternoon and just when I decide to take a break look at the KSP forums a bit, BAM papercraft. I'll be making something out of this soon for sure.

What a coincidence :D If you'll find some problems with any parts , then please let me know :)

Edited by arc5555

I'm starting work on this small spacestation (small as in the game) but I think i've underestimated the size of this models so its gonna be huge (2.5 m parts = 5,5 cm). Anyway I guess I'll be able to make the details better, like trusses that actualy look like trusses. Photos soon.

I'm starting work on this small spacestation (small as in the game) but I think i've underestimated the size of this models so its gonna be huge (2.5 m parts = 5,5 cm). Anyway I guess I'll be able to make the details better, like trusses that actualy look like trusses. Photos soon.

I'm intrigued :)

Started working, got some problems already:

- Rockomax HubMax template has only 4 outer rings and two are in the next picture (not very space efficient)

- those rings are missing some glue tabs

The good news is that i fixed it for you, and you should really use .png or .pdo files, .jpg does not retain quality as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6_6VrWkQGDbMXBxbHc0bmI2Mms/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by MoffKalast

Started working, got some problems already:

- Rockomax HubMax template has only 4 outer rings and two are in the next picture (not very space efficient)

- those rings are missing some glue tabs

The good news is that i fixed it for you, and you should really use .png or .pdo files, .jpg does not retain quality as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6_6VrWkQGDbMXBxbHc0bmI2Mms/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you very much , but i think it's easier to glue round objects without flaps :) And i don't think that .png will be better because of the big size of the files that i've had , so i'm really sorry about it :( Thanks again :)

P.S.Uploaded PDOs , but they have strange names xD But you can find some .pdo files that i haven't done /released yet :D

Edited by arc5555

If you want, I can help you modeling the lasts stock parts and maybe future Mods parts if you explain me how to do it. :)

That'd be great :D I think i can make a guide after unfolding all the stock parts so everybody could help me with unfolding the mods :)

Edited by arc5555

Hello , everyone ! I'm happy to present you the update 0.8 : it brings you the brand new communicators , ladders and really special "KW Rocketry" 2.5 m Extended Fairing !

7hbfctlrvl6e4hgfg.jpg

Download <Link>

Subscribe to my Twitter to see some progress/any kind of content :D

Edited by arc5555

Alright I got something to show here, made some progress. One note though, Rockomax Brand Adapter 02 is a bit sketchy and doesnt fit all that well so I had to make a small redesign on-the-fly. I've also scaled it down to form the smaller adapter that looks just like it. Not sure if its not part of the stock compilation or you just missed it.

What I've done so far with a scale in centimeters:

DbvFUL7.jpg

Hitchiker storage container and the large battery below it, I think this one turned out quite well :)

4abidIm.jpg

The Rockomax adapters and the hub (missing those 2 outer rings that i overlooked when i was printing lol):

89aejg1.jpg

Trusses and the large RCS tank:

fdlGMoI.jpg

Time to print out some more stuff :)

While the quality of this is not too bad its not even close to what you are showing in your original post, and I've been making paper models for years! What is your secret?

Hello , MoffKalast ! You're making a great job and i'm really sorry about the "Rockomax Brand Adapter", i'll fix it ASAP :)

I don't know if i've got any secrets ,but eventually i've been crafting lots of paper figurines earlier which is a really tense process :confused: One thing i know is that you can use felts/markers to hide the white ledges :)

So good luck with your station :cool:

Edited by arc5555

Thanks for the tip, I've actually already done some of that with a pencil for the gray parts. I'll also put those new antennas to use!

http://i.imgur.com/DOv84h0.png

This is approximatly what I'm going for. Looks more like a sensor array of sorts? hmm

That's a beautiful and simple concept :) I'll steal it from you , ok ? :D

Phew ! I'm really proud to release the update 1.0 :rolleyes: Finally , we've got all the stock parts unfolded :D

sy7ll8uub2bgm3bfg.jpg

The update brings you landing gears ( of course with the re-designed LT-1 Landing Strut ) , a TT18-A Launch Stability Enhancer , some air intakes (which are kinda messy , but i did everything i could with them :confused: ) and some other things :)

But don't you worry , even if i've unfolded all the stock parts , i'll continue my work by unfolding some parts from mods and i'm going to make a video tutorial about ripping & unfolding process so you can create your own parts :D

Download <Link>

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.