[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

Hey RedAV8R, I suspect this one's for you: has the Bobcat Soviet Engines support been removed? They have their same old stats but no longer seem to have any EngineIgnitor support, and when I looked for the file for it in the RO folder, I didn't see it.

Hey RedAV8R, I suspect this one's for you: has the Bobcat Soviet Engines support been removed? They have their same old stats but no longer seem to have any EngineIgnitor support, and when I looked for the file for it in the RO folder, I didn't see it.

You mean THIS one???

REWORK folder at this time...should still work with old download if you have it. Waiting for Dragon01 to release new version, which is just config changes, but will throw our work bonkers...

That's exactly the one I meant. How do you mean it should still work with the old download? Do I have to move it out of the REWORK folder to use it until the new version?

No, it's just MM config file...doesn't matter where it's at in the RO folder. The REWORK folder is just mainly for us, but should give others the hint that whatever is in it needs reworked, trying to keep things organized.

As for the engines...Maybe Dragon has already released it...if you could post the link of the file you are using that would help me out, if he has, I can work on it, that one shouldn't take long at all to update.

RF: Back when there was one part per tank type, before swamp_ig changed it so you can switch tank types from a single procedural part, there were descriptions. Sounds like I need to add to the readme (the readme already covers fuels and engine types).

TWR: Both MJ2 and KER (Padishar's development build) support thrust correction now. In MJ2, with the delta v stats window open, click "all" so all columns appear. SLT is your sea level TWR. I'll let someone who uses KER answer how to get it in KER.

Red: I'm unsure what file it is you want me to post a link to? I have the most recent RO, and the file in my REWORK folder is the same as the one you linked. The Soviet Engines, however, do not appear to be using EngineIgnitor.

EDIT: Found the problem. In my RealFuels folder, I had a file named Bobcat_RealEngines_kerofix". I'm waiting for the game to load to test it now, but I'll be stunned if that isn't what's causing it. EDIT AGAIN: Nope, definitely not what was causing it. I'm still perplexed.

Edited by woahprettyricky

What will happen if I don't install FAR?

Answer is in the FAQ.

- - - Updated - - -

Red: I'm unsure what file it is you want me to post a link to? I have the most recent RO, and the file in my REWORK folder is the same as the one you linked. The Soviet Engines, however, do not appear to be using EngineIgnitor.

EDIT: Found the problem. In my RealFuels folder, I had a file named Bobcat_RealEngines_kerofix". I'm waiting for the game to load to test it now, but I'll be stunned if that isn't what's causing it. EDIT AGAIN: Nope, definitely not what was causing it. I'm still perplexed.

I'm asking for the link you used for the Soviet Engine download.

But does it still work without it?

Also You cant download Kosmos

I don't see why it wouldn't, but I think it's stupid to use RO without FAR. If you don't want FAR why bother with RO in the first place? Use just RSS, it's just as suicidal without FAR.

But does it still work without it?

Also You cant download Kosmos

DID YOU READ THE FAQ???

Not my problem, for the question and the comment.

I don't see why it wouldn't, but I think it's stupid to use RO without FAR. If you don't want FAR why bother with RO in the first place? Use just RSS, it's just as suicidal without FAR.

AndreyATGB is right, if you aren't going to use FAR why bother with RO, seriously, why bother with RSS either.

We are done here.

FROM THE FAQ:

Q: What do I need to run Realism Overhaul?

A: Realism Overhaul uses a set of 3rd party mods to enable certain aspects of realistic flight/performance/etc. Without these, 'realism' is going to be severely limited. Memory footprint (except RSS) is quite small so having them (you likely might already) is not going to produce a performance hit. Therefore, each one of these mods listed as REQUIRED are just that and support without them will not be received.

Q: I don't want to install ****** (some required mod), what will happen, what should I do?

A: Install it anyway. Realism Overhaul+RealSolarSystem is designed around these dependencies. Generally KSP will still load, but you have now nerfed the entire experience, and have shown you do not wish to realistically experience spaceflight. Again, these are REQUIRED, and support without them will not be received.

Notice the last sentence with both answers.

Edited by RedAV8R

I'm going to ask that you follow the prescribed Troubleshooting steps found at the OP. The file is there, you've confirmed it. If you have ModuleManager, then that file should work...your log will provide if the engine is being modified or not, since it appears it is not (then that means you have SOMETHING either :FOR[RftS] or :FOR[RealFuels_StockEngines]. Following the steps at the OP will help show what and where the problem is.

I'm believe I am having the same problem as woahprettyricky regards Bobcat's Soviet Engines not using EngineIgnitor. I am using the version of Soviet Engines Pack (v1.0) that I had downloaded from Spaceport back when it was there. My output log is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/31xsmjhgvrd8apa/output_log.txt

Thank you for the log. That log indicated you did not follow the troubleshooting steps as outlined in the OP. I ask that you do, while I do a bit more testing on my end...and will be releasing an update of RO...standby.

anybody knows if kerbal engineer redux is fully compatible with RO? or to have engineering data I have to install mechjeb?

As such that RO simply modifies parts...there shouldn't be any problems. You aren't going to ruin RO if you use it, data just might not work. I personally use MechJeb, but KER is on my list to play with at some time.

ALPHA 8 is UP!

v6.0 ALPHA 8 \/

*Small batteries in squad pods

*FASA updates

*RealEngine updates to Squad, RealFuels, KW, and BobCat

*Update to ModuleRCSFX

*TACLS Config Fix

*Convert UA120X to UA1204

*Mass/Thrust/Isp Fix for fairings

*260/300" PLFs added

*PLF Base mass fix

*Better, not quite perfect thrust curves

*KW Solids complete - needs better thrust curves

RedAV8R: Although adding it to the rl-10 variants make sense to me, it's a different enough engine that it might be worth making it a separate entry, just so it's easier for people to find. Either way, keep in mind there's 3 variants. The main one is (imho) the most important (landing engine, huzah!). Then there's a launch configuration (100% min throttle) and a methane variant.

I'm going to ask that you follow the prescribed Troubleshooting steps found at the OP. The file is there, you've confirmed it. If you have ModuleManager, then that file should work...your log will provide if the engine is being modified or not, since it appears it is not (then that means you have SOMETHING either :FOR[RftS] or :FOR[RealFuels_StockEngines]. Following the steps at the OP will help show what and where the problem is.

It won't let me post a link, but it was from kerbal space-parts.

I'm going through a fresh install now, along with the brand new RO. I imagine they'll work fine this time, but if not I'll return with logs and such.

RedAV8R: Although adding it to the rl-10 variants make sense to me, it's a different enough engine that it might be worth making it a separate entry, just so it's easier for people to find. Either way, keep in mind there's 3 variants. The main one is (imho) the most important (landing engine, huzah!). Then there's a launch configuration (100% min throttle) and a methane variant.

You are right...new engine it is...have some figuring out to do.

It won't let me post a link, but it was from kerbal space-parts.

I'm going through a fresh install now, along with the brand new RO. I imagine they'll work fine this time, but if not I'll return with logs and such.

Because that particular website is taboo here. They are not recognizing licenses and developers. Please let me know either way if it works or not.

You are right...new engine it is...have some figuring out to do.

I can take this on. As long as it's easy to add 2 engines with the new config style that use the same model. It looooked like that would "just work" but I've only been poking around the new configs a tiny bit.

Edited by Phredward

Because that particular website is taboo here. They are not recognizing licenses and developers. Please let me know either way if it works or not.

I had no idea. It was the only download of it I could find since spaceport went down.

They all work great now, the reinstall solved it.

I can take this on. As long as it's easy to add 2 engines with the new config style that use the same model. It looooked like that would "just work" but I've only been poking around the new configs a tiny bit.

Feel free, you can PM your results or send a pull request on git. The Squad and KW engines are pretty well spoken for...you could always just create a copy if you wish too.

I had no idea. It was the only download of it I could find since spaceport went down.

They all work great now, the reinstall solved it.

Good to hear!

Feel free, you can PM your results or send a pull request on git. The Squad and KW engines are pretty well spoken for...you could always just create a copy if you wish too.

Yeah. Before, I just made another standalone file, and that worked with SFJBengines. I'll mess around and see if I can just make another engine that also points to the same model. Or if you have another model in mind that's also a good RL-10A look-alike, I have no particular preference.

I've also got a copy of the old RealEngines 0.6.1 spreadsheet, with a few bonuses (highlighted throttleable vs unthrottleable, separate tabs for launch, upper stage, non-cryogenic, etc). If you want me to share a copy let me know. I found that spreadsheet suuuper useful in the past, and it would be great to keep a copy uptodate (not sure if you've tweaked any values since the last RealEngines release).

Yeah. Before, I just made another standalone file, and that worked with SFJBengines. I'll mess around and see if I can just make another engine that also points to the same model. Or if you have another model in mind that's also a good RL-10A look-alike, I have no particular preference.

I've also got a copy of the old RealEngines 0.6.1 spreadsheet, with a few bonuses (highlighted throttleable vs unthrottleable, separate tabs for launch, upper stage, non-cryogenic, etc). If you want me to share a copy let me know. I found that spreadsheet suuuper useful in the past, and it would be great to keep a copy uptodate (not sure if you've tweaked any values since the last RealEngines release).

A few models have changed what engine it represents, at least with the generics. I've got a working excel list of model and represented engine, but it doesn't have stats on it yet. Honestly, if you'd want to keep the spreadsheet up to date, and leave me to the configurations itself, might be easier for both of us.