[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Here is the hierarchy with muzzleTransform selected.

ejHuIsK.jpg

The only component on top of KSPParticleEmitter is "Transform" which is grossly unimportant in this problem.

I also get this error while writing my stuff using KSP/PartTools

r3UGJqS.jpg?1

Might this be something with the Particle Emitter itself? That ">:0" at the end makes it looks quite serious.

HERE IS THE OUTPUT LOG

EDIT: part "aweful" is the older T-34-76 turret i made, that is not the turret i'm having problems with.

Thanks in advance! Plus, what do you think of my suggestion?

Here is the hierarchy with muzzleTransform selected.

http://i.imgur.com/ejHuIsK.jpg

The only component on top of KSPParticleEmitter is "Transform" which is grossly unimportant in this problem.

I also get this error while writing my stuff using KSP/PartTools

http://i.imgur.com/r3UGJqS.jpg?1

Might this be something with the Particle Emitter itself? That ">:0" at the end makes it looks quite serious.

HERE IS THE OUTPUT LOG

EDIT: part "aweful" is the older T-34-76 turret i made, that is not the turret i'm having problems with.

Thanks in advance! Plus, what do you think of my suggestion?

Thanks. Since part tools is running into a problem during export, the exported model is incomplete, so KSP can't load it.

Make a new material for your particles - don't use the Default-Particle material, as it uses a shader that KSP doesn't have. When you make your material, use one of KSP's particle shaders.

BjHDKCB.png

I'm considering your suggestion, as I do all suggestions. I don't want to say yes or no to any of them, but I do keep a list of them which I look at when I decide to work on an update.

So, how does the weapons manager work? I installed through CKAN and the box says the manager is missing. Do you set the managers in the VAB?

The weapon manager is a part that you have to attach to your ship. You should watch the tutorial video on the first page, it'll explain almost everything.

Edited by BahamutoD

Nope that's not it. I forgot to mention that the guard AI can't even target things much less fire at them. I did not have this problem before 1.0 but now it always happens. The only way I can fire a weapon is by firing it manually.

Nope that's not it. I forgot to mention that the guard AI can't even target things much less fire at them. I did not have this problem before 1.0 but now it always happens. The only way I can fire a weapon is by firing it manually.

Can you explain the scenario where this is happening? A log would help too. Guards spit out some info on what they're doing in the debug log. Better yet, (additionally) some screenshots with the option "Draw Debug Labels" on. It shows a list of each team's targets and whether they have been engaged.

Edited by BahamutoD

Would it be possible get a weapon with multiple barrels (Like your 50 cal turret or a battleship turret) to fire each barrel in series when the trigger is pulled? I've been wanting some big guns so once I tackle making models that do stuff first thing I'll do (after a 36lb cannon for giggles and bits) is try and make the Iowa class's 16in cannons.

Bahamutod, can i suggest you make a video tutorial based exclusively on the AI. For example i can get it to work with the mod craft included, but however my planes just fly around in circles and ignore each other. I have each flight of bi/tri planes set as teams B and A respectivly, i have guard mode activated on all planes and have the fixed vulcans. On a side note the vulcans aim assist places the green marker way off to the left. I will try and get a vid.

Cheers.

The Sam issue sounds like the missile not properly calculating decouple force for the non active vessel. But since the Air to air missiles work fine that just seems odd.

It's most prevalent when you travel beyond its guard range and then reengage. As long as you stay in range it works fine, but as soon as you exit and return the missiles seem to lose their decouple action/power. It's resulting in a lot of suiciding SAM sites.

so ive been having the same problem with the ai, they take off, one is set to a and b teams respectively and then they proceed to just fly in circles, i looked at the debug menu and it says :aircraft name is disengaging no valid weapons, however i have the hidden vulcans mounted on both craft. It also seems like I cannot fire the vulcans even on my own without the AI

@pwnedbyscope

Do they have appropriate ammo? Is the WaponsManager mounted on the aircraft? Are there more than one Vulcans and are they placed on the wings? I noticed that the AI have problems with using guns if there are more than one and they are not mounted on the axis of symmetry of the plane.

When I was making this video:

I armed each Ravenspear with hidden Vulcan on its axis of symmetry and the planes were using them after they run out of missiles. (albeit not often, but it's because of their targets maneuverability ;-) )

Btw: once in my tests, the AI pilot fired a missile from under his wing while moving the aircraft nose downwards. The missile colided with aircraft and blew it up. It needs to be fixed somehow. Maybe the missile should be able to go through the aircraft for a second after launch? Only for the AI maybe? Or maybe it could move faster for a moment?

@pwnedbyscope

Do they have appropriate ammo? Is the WaponsManager mounted on the aircraft? Are there more than one Vulcans and are they placed on the wings? I noticed that the AI have problems with using guns if there are more than one and they are not mounted on the axis of symmetry of the plane.

When I was making this video:

I armed each Ravenspear with hidden Vulcan on its axis of symmetry and the planes were using them after they run out of missiles. (albeit not often, but it's because of their targets maneuverability ;-) )

Btw: once in my tests, the AI pilot fired a missile from under his wing while moving the aircraft nose downwards. The missile colided with aircraft and blew it up. It needs to be fixed somehow. Maybe the missile should be able to go through the aircraft for a second after launch? Only for the AI maybe? Or maybe it could move faster for a moment?

The missile is a part you can't remove collisions from it temporarily this is more of a dumb AI issue than a missile issue.

Can the presence of "Procedural Parts Mod" parts affect the AI pilot? I've made a fighter that has wings made of those parts and it is perfectly controllable and flyable by me, but when I put it under the AI control it ascends slowly, and then descends slowly and crashes.

thx for the welcome man:)

and also thank you for supporting this, and I hope he will do this.

You're very welcome!

~snip!~

My KSPParticleEmitter works now! I had a hunch that it was the default particle. But because i don't know how to make particle textures, i just skipped that one.

Just one more problem. The particles are always firing, even in the editor. I don't understand why it's doing this. Should there be an animation playing this particle every time the gun fires? Like "fireAnim"

I suck at using unitypackages. When i open the example turret along with some models and materials there is an animation called "fireAnim", when i select it it says there is no model attached to it. So i don't know if fireAnim relates to the particles or not.

Also, one more question, what units are the numbers in in your configuration files? I'd like to make my gun turret quite accurate (by accuracy i mean historical accuracy).

Thanks!

EDIT: Can you use multiple muzzle transforms? Your Oerlikon Millenium seems to have four of them?

EDIT 2: How did you make the scratches on your specular map?

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey

I have a problem, whenever I try to set a vehicle to go to guard mode, it will go onto guard mode however if a weapon is selected, when the guard refreshes it automatically unselects the chosen weapon and says no weapon is selected. This happens with guns and missiles whether there are enemies in range or not. Disabling smart guard or bomb clearance do nothing. There is always enough electricity and ammo (setting infinite ammo to True fixes nothing) on the craft.

This problem has only been affecting me since the 1.0 release, I have tried to re-download both KSP and BDArmory and everything has always been up to date.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=446206870

Here you go Bahamuto. Sorry,it took me a little while longer than I thought. So what happens is that I turned on the guard for the AA and flew over a few times. YAY! is the plane and it says it was engaged by 0. That's about all that happened. this happens with all when I pair the guard with them. Also thanks for helping me with this

Can the presence of "Procedural Parts Mod" parts affect the AI pilot? I've made a fighter that has wings made of those parts and it is perfectly controllable and flyable by me, but when I put it under the AI control it ascends slowly, and then descends slowly and crashes.

Start by setting Steer Damping to half of the default, and adjust Steer Factor to 15. Those settings can be manipulated in AI Pilot Flight Manager.

Would it be possible get a weapon with multiple barrels (Like your 50 cal turret or a battleship turret) to fire each barrel in series when the trigger is pulled?

It's on the todo list but it will take a bit of an overhaul on the turret code so I'm reserving it for later.

Bahamutod, can i suggest you make a video tutorial based exclusively on the AI.

It's planned but I decided to wait until I improve the AI a bit.

so ive been having the same problem with the ai, they take off, one is set to a and b teams respectively and then they proceed to just fly in circles, i looked at the debug menu and it says :aircraft name is disengaging no valid weapons, however i have the hidden vulcans mounted on both craft. It also seems like I cannot fire the vulcans even on my own without the AI

If the other suggestions failed, just wait. I'm still making improvements to AI behavior with fixed guns.

It won't be necessary to do anything different to the missiles if the planes are flying correctly. They shouldn't ever be pulling(pushing?) negative G's so they shouldn't pitch down into underslung missiles.

I noticed in your video that your planes were over-damped so they couldn't roll into the correct orientation. Try turning steer damping down to about 5. It might help your proc.parts planes work better too. (ninja'd)

My KSPParticleEmitter works now! I had a hunch that it was the default particle. But because i don't know how to make particle textures, i just skipped that one.

Just one more problem. The particles are always firing, even in the editor. I don't understand why it's doing this. Should there be an animation playing this particle every time the gun fires? Like "fireAnim"

I suck at using unitypackages. When i open the example turret along with some models and materials there is an animation called "fireAnim", when i select it it says there is no model attached to it. So i don't know if fireAnim relates to the particles or not.

Also, one more question, what units are the numbers in in your configuration files? I'd like to make my gun turret quite accurate (by accuracy i mean historical accuracy).

Thanks!

EDIT: Can you use multiple muzzle transforms? Your Oerlikon Millenium seems to have four of them?

EDIT 2: How did you make the scratches on your specular map?

Good! I forgot to mention that you should un-check Emit on the particle emitter so it doesn't emit until the turret script tells it to.

My fireAnim is only for animating the reciprocating barrels.

Units: all masses are in metric tons, velocity in m/s, distances in meters, pitch and yaw in degrees.

Rotation speed is a bit arbitrary.. its degrees per physics frame.

Accuracy is also a bit arbitrary.. higher is better. 0 would result in NaN! (dividing by zero) so don't do that.

These arbitrary things will be fixed when I get around to re-doing the turrets. Rotation should be degrees/sec, and accuracy should be a range in degrees or a spread at a certain distance.

I'm delaying re-doing the turret code because the way I want to do it would require reconfiguring every turret.

I have a problem, whenever I try to set a vehicle to go to guard mode, it will go onto guard mode however if a weapon is selected, when the guard refreshes it automatically unselects the chosen weapon and says no weapon is selected. This happens with guns and missiles whether there are enemies in range or not. Disabling smart guard or bomb clearance do nothing. There is always enough electricity and ammo (setting infinite ammo to True fixes nothing) on the craft.

This problem has only been affecting me since the 1.0 release, I have tried to re-download both KSP and BDArmory and everything has always been up to date.

Can you somehow give me a way to replicate the problem? Describe your crafts - what are they equipped with, what are the guard settings. How far are the targets? etc. Thanks.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=446206870

Here you go Bahamuto. Sorry,it took me a little while longer than I thought. So what happens is that I turned on the guard for the AA and flew over a few times. YAY! is the plane and it says it was engaged by 0. That's about all that happened. this happens with all when I pair the guard with them. Also thanks for helping me with this

What were the guard's guard settings?

Edited by BahamutoD

Hey, question, can you make a "blank" turret with no weapons on it, but an aim mechanic and surface attachment so you can place your weapons or combo of them on and aim them?

YEAH! plz do it bd!

Hey, question, can you make a "blank" turret with no weapons on it, but an aim mechanic and surface attachment so you can place your weapons or combo of them on and aim them?
YEAH! plz do it bd!

Surface attaching parts / weapons onto turrets (armed or unarmed) so that the weapons moves in the same direction the turret is point at would require the vessel-rebuilding code used by InfernalRobotics. While certainly desirable, it's not a trivial task.

I am having consistent issues with the weapon manager not recognizing missiles as valid weapons. In all test instances, inasmuch as I can be sure, I've passed into the field of fire and the log from the guarding craft reports "<vessel> is disengaging - no valid weapons." Most guns (though maybe not allâ€â€tried an airplane with the 30mm fixed gun pods on it and it was oblivious) seem to behave, however. Is there something obvious I'm missing, is this a bug, or are there further troubleshooting steps I might take?