[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

You shouldn't need to add thrust, most guided bombs use aerodynamics and their fins to guide them to the target.

This would be how it works in real life, but as Mr. (presumably?) Ferrets mentions:

But the missiles in game use vectored thrust to guide themselves onto the target. Making a single part with the correct aerodynamics might be impractical.

As the bomb is a single part (and believe you me, I'm only a config editor. No new parts. ;) ), I doubt the fins have enough authority to sufficiently alter the path of the bomb. I could be wrong though, which is why I'm asking here to be sure.

If the bomb's fins generate enough lift/drag and the bomb itself torque to make use of the fins, then I wouldn't need thrust. But I believe I do need to enable the thrust on the bombs (0.1 thrust? Maybe that's even too high...) to get them to accurate glide towards the target.

But, again, I'd rather ask first before fiddling around too much.

http://imgur.com/IYc3Qon

Here is a pic of my 'Gamedata' folder and as you can see I have tried everything I can come up with.

My version is 0.24.2 and I'm using steam.

Got any ideas?

Where's the Squad folder? All I'm seeing is BDArmory.

I think you're best off nuking the entire installation (back up any saves and crafts you want to keep!), reinstalling the game and trying again.

If you have only BDArmory installed, GameData should have BDArmory, Squad, and NASAmission.

All of those other folders (Parts, Models, Sounds, etc) should stay inside BDArmory.

Everyone else, I'll respond to your questions, comments tomorrow. I've been working on 0.4.1 and it should be ready tomorrow but I'm about to go do stuff today. Working on this stuff is keeping me cooped up in my house! :P

I dont know If this has been suggested or not (34 pages of reading too lazy :P ) but perhaps some kind of nuclear or high explosive weapon for the sake of explosions. Also perhaps some Russian weapons in their as the current are all American (apart from the 50.cal)

I notice you have "Aerodynamic/Hidden Vulcan" on your To-Do list.

If you do that, please allow it to swivel at least a little bit. Less than the "open" Vulcan, of course, but enough that you don't need to be spot-on like you'd need to be with the GAU-8.

I am aware that this is probably a thing for a future, but still.

I dont know If this has been suggested or not (34 pages of reading too lazy :P ) but perhaps some kind of nuclear or high explosive weapon for the sake of explosions. Also perhaps some Russian weapons in their as the current are all American (apart from the 50.cal)

It seems that stacking a lot of bombs and crashing them into the ground seems to "stack" and amplify the overall explosion range and power.

If you do that, please allow it to swivel at least a little bit. Less than the "open" Vulcan, of course, but enough that you don't need to be spot-on like you'd need to be with the GAU-8.

I vote no-thanks.

If it does have a swivel option give me the ability to turn it off, real M61 20mm cannons don't have a range of motion once installed inside the plane.

Hi. I noticed on your list that you want to integrate guns into the Weapon Manager. They could be auto-targeting. To avoid the issue of overpowered auto-targeting, the guns could wobble and take about 1/2 second to correct for radical changes in the ship's course, so spamming them would still be a viable option.

Thanks.

Also, bug report: The Vulcan won't shoot when I click. EDIT: Using the wrong ammo, oops!

Edited by DuoDex
wrong ammo type

I love this mod and wrecking with the Gua 8, I noticed a bug where if you are controlling two planes and both yours and the other plane have their turret on a click will make them both fire kinda cool though!

Sorry I can't agree with this. The open vulcan is fine with its swivel. Real M61 20mm vulcans mounted in an aircraft don't swivel.

That's fine and dandy, Hodo, but I'm thinking fun over realism.

I'm not asking for much. Give me 5 degrees?

Enough so that no matter where you place your guns on your craft (within reason, of course), you can still hit stuff without having to be super spot-on.

If I wanted realism, I'd be playing a combat flight sim. I just want to use this for over-complicated debris clean-up. ;)

That's fine and dandy, Hodo, but I'm thinking fun over realism.

I'm not asking for much. Give me 5 degrees?

Enough so that no matter where you place your guns on your craft (within reason, of course), you can still hit stuff without having to be super spot-on.

If I wanted realism, I'd be playing a combat flight sim. I just want to use this for over-complicated debris clean-up. ;)

No offense but, just use the current 20mm on the turret or the twin 12.7s if that is all you are using it for?

Or better yet save mass and use a missile.

I would like the ability to lock them if there is a gimble function added to them.

That goes two ways, though...

Why use the aerodynamic/hidden one at all?

Wasted dev time, innit?

I like looks just as much as you do. Surely there is a middle road that would please us both.

I would be happy if it could be a config option at the very least, much like you said earlier.

Update

v0.4.1

-added infinite ammo option in settings.cfg

-added bomb aiming reticle

-added in-game settings window (leftAlt-B)

-added 'Camera Tools' (Numpad)

-reduced Vulcan heat-up rate

-increased m1Abrams RoF from 8 to 10rpm

-fixed 30mm ammo box description

-tweaked missile guidance some more

----missiles gradually lose lift and maneuverability after thrust cuts out

-----this gives them a limited/optimal range

----missiles fired from a strafing craft behave better

Notes:

- Bring up the Settings GUI with leftAlt - B (in-flight only)

- Changes made to the settings in the in-game GUI do not save after you exit the game. For now, set defaults in the settings.cfg file.

- Camera tools is off by default; it can be turned on in the settings.

- Weapon Manager needs to be on the craft to use camera tools

- Cameras for keypad numbers 0 through 2 require a target to be selected (target cams)

--The first two target cams only work well for ground targets.

- Camera for keypad number 3 requires a missile or bomb to be fired (missile nose cam)

- Camera for Keypad number 4 is Fly-by camera. Let me know if the zoom is too much, I'm tweaking it.

- Sorry, button remaps not available yet

- Air to ground missiles are now much less effective at tracking airborne crafts.

Edited by BahamutoD

Any interest in me making models for a TOW air-to-ground missile, a Javelin ground-to-ground missile, a RIM-66 Standard anti-missile missile, and maybe a Chaparral missile? The Chaparral model could be retextured and used as a Sidewinder because they're both variants of the AIM-9 system.

Any interest in me making models for a TOW air-to-ground missile, a Javelin ground-to-ground missile, a RIM-66 Standard anti-missile missile, and maybe a Chaparral missile? The Chaparral model could be retextured and used as a Sidewinder because they're both variants of the AIM-9 system.

Really you just need the TOW, the TOW is used in both A2G and S2S missions.

Javelin is just a smaller ATGM.

I might be pushing my luck here, but Would you be willing to attempt to make the smaller ground to ground submission type rocket like the M270 MLRS used to fire? Or just for starters the ground to ground missile and then add in the submission rocket later.

Many many thanks

Damaske