Post Your Cinematics Here! (Cinematic Enthusiasts)

Halban

Hello! I finally subscribed to HatBat (and about time, too. If you haven't yet, do so right now.) ...and I also made this thing.

It's not of the highest quality, but don't be too critical. It's the first really cinematic thing that I've made in almost a year.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think. :)

Ok just seen some of HatBat's videos and I am impressed especially by the cinematic's.

So here I share my cinematic not the best but I made it because I had a cold so the theme was Virus infecting KSC.

Sorry the text may be hard to read I tried to make a slight glow behind the letters and forgot YouTube makes things look darker.

The text goes:

"From the Depths of Space"

"Searching for spacefaring worlds"

"Not to Communicate"

"Or Eradicate"

Destruction

"They come to"

"Replicate"

"And spread across the universe"

"Where will end up next?" Earth?

Edited by Orb8Ter

So, after a loooooong time of inactivity, I can finally show something for my next film:

As you can tell by the title, it's 60 fps, I think it only works with chrome but I'm not sure. Also, watch in 1080p!!

Oh! 60FPS?!! When did you get here? Nice one Aba. You're one hell of a guy for them beauty shots! I look forward to your next film. My new cinematic was due to be released next week but yesterday (the first of November) my editing software (adobe Premiere elements 11) broke. My video was in there. I tore off my shirt and ran in to save it before the File was destroyed. I succeeded on doing so. Now I'm left editor-less with a few WIP projects in my pockets. My replacment (adobe premiere elements 13) should arrive on the 11th of november, 10 days after the ship hit the fan. And thanks to everyone for keeping this thread alive. It's good to see more cinematics being made by the community.

What do all you people use for effects and everything apart from capturing game footage, oh and not anything that costs money would be helpful :)

Well... yeah. Adobe Premiere is used by a good portion of KSP filmakers. There's the really expencive program (Premiere Pro) and there's the one I use (the Cheaper one, Premiere Elements 11/13). What's missing from Premiere Elements is tracking and more advanced effects. But you can still generate Lense-Flares, Lighting effects, bottom/top video bars (for text/dialogue), image control, etc. I found a way to make films look really nice in Premiere Elements 13. This will be demonstrated in my next cinematic (according to me :sticktongue: ). Anyway, you can't find a reliable editing software like Sony Vegas/Premiere Pro/Premiere Elements for free. It's a sad fact.

Also, as a comparison on what sort of deal you're getting with Premiere elements, here are the prices for both programs in €; Premiere pro: €1,009

Premiere Elements 13: €85

Don't worry. It's reliable. I've used Premiere elements 11 for 3 years and it broke now. Upgrades are very available for a low price. That's what I'm doing. Whatever you choose, good luck with your KSP Film Career!

Ok just seen some of HatBat's videos and I am impressed especially by the cinematic's.

So here I share my cinematic not the best but I made it because I had a cold so the theme was Virus infecting KSC.

Sorry the text may be hard to read I tried to make a slight glow behind the letters and forgot YouTube makes things look darker.

http://youtu.be/Bg5f0kjIxa0

The text goes:

"From the Depths of Space"

"Searching for spacefaring worlds"

"Not to Communicate"

"Or Eradicate"

Destruction

"They come to"

"Replicate"

"And spread across the universe"

"Where will end up next?" Earth?

You could have done the text better, other than that I like it! It's a great idea and I loved the Kerbals running out of the Astronaut Complex before it was squashed by a giant Virus! I also loved the replicated virus launching from the ruins. In fact - what's that pink thing falling towards me? oh ship! *boom*

Hey guys :P

I'm releasing my first cinematic in ksp (finally...)

It's in french but I'll add CC in few days (I'm so lazy ^^)

Enjoy :)

I look forward to the subtitles. The camera panning around the launch pad while time goes on around it was a great idea. Some ambience with the music would be great, though. That's the only problem in my opinion. even a blurred audio effect of a rocket launching would be good at the launch scene. If you don't know where to get good realistic sounds, I recommend Nasa.com. Here's the link: http://www.nasa.gov/connect/sounds/#.VFYbzfmsUd0

Good luck with your future cinematics, my friend! May the force be with you!

Loving all these new cinematics, especially the new arrivals to the thread and ABA's new film... well, I love it all to be honest. I might as well join in, here's a little clip from something I'm working on with Nassault. I've just sent it to him for SFX and additional VFX. Used a lot of the new Camera Tools in this, thoughts guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GK-rE0jW40

EDIT: Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Edited by HatBat

Loving all these new cinematics, especially the new arrivals to the thread and ABA's new film... well, I love it all to be honest. I might as well join in, here's a little clip from something I'm working on with Nassault. I've just sent it to him for SFX and additional VFX. Used a lot of the new Camera Tools in this, thoughts guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GK-rE0jW40

Wonderful music, wonderful camera views, wonderful lens flare, do I need to say more? :)

Alright this isn't a cinematic at all, but it soon will be :)

Damn my vids lookin fancy :D :D I can FINALLY make cool looking stuff without giving in to the AE master race!

I'm still far from done however, this is only part of the opening sequence.

http://i.imgur.com/jrdQUWM.png

I have too not bought into the AE master race. I intend to though. But for now, I make do with basic effects aimed at someone who knows nothing about editing and combine them to make the effects of a master.

Hullo fellow humans! Thought i should add my latest to this wonderful thread.

Somewhat keeping with the trend it seems, this one's less of an outright cinematic per se. Editing-wise, I wanted it to start with obvious "i'm playing a video game" feeling and taper it down to something more cinematic like. The UI is frequently visible up to the mid-point, the title cards are aimed more at "the player" or audience than the generic time/location title cards seen in movies, and the camera shots are still sometimes just stock movement. Its one of my faster editing works, but i spent a lot of time thinking about it beforehand. Anyhoo:

Hot off the editor. Even made a thin foley track with rice and stuff around the office. Had to cut out like 15 minutes of footage because i was determined to edit it against this specific song. A peaceful first half is an ok consolation i suppose. Critiques welcome!

Very nice work from everybody here whilst I've been busy. Especially Achroma, I really do think Rescue Kit is wonderful. You've got great things ahead of you. Speaking of great things, Bahamuto just made BD Camera Tools compatible with Kerbcam. So now you can zoom in while running a kerbcam path. Check it out!

I'd also like to take the liberty of posting this here for a very promising little scrub called SpriteCoke.

EDIT:

I almost forgot.... ALL HAIL THE AE MASTER RACE!

Edited by HatBat