[WIP] [0.24] Crowd-sourced Story Logs: Contracts Need you!

Joshwoo70

will not contine with this and thread is locked. Please use coherent contracts:)

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE:

Comment on the link and hope that I will see and add

Linkty

I also need moderators to help moderate it while I am away.

REQUIREMENTS:

EXTREMELY RESPONSIBLE

Helpfull

How to download:

Go to drive

File tab

Download as

Text document

Replace EVERYTHING in the stroy defs with this.

Edited by Joshwoo69
coherent contracts re-update!

Umm, "this mod" and that configfile do not change contracts! It only changes the DESCRIPTION of contracts. So, what "this mod" could do is avoid repetitive contract descriptions - it cannot change the gamemechanics of contracts without a plugin.

I love this! can we create new unique missions with unique requirements? also: is it possible to create missions for mods (ie a kethane mining mission, or map sat, station parts.)

No it only modifies stock and you cannot add new ones if I am right... :(

If at all possible you should come up with a module manager config for this rather than directly editing and replacing stock Squad files. Replacing stock files is always a bad idea and seems to have led to many of the problems that people had with crowd sourced science logs.

The contract storydefs file seems to use the same basic kind of config node structure that the sciencedefs file uses, so it shouldn't be difficult to do this with module manager.

Honestly, if you want any sort of crowd participation, you need to get this to addon releases. Addon development is like the addons hipster cousin

On the contrary, I moved it to Add-on Development because there wasn't anything usable to download and it was merely a call for people to write configs for Joshwoo to re-bundle.

If I want to make it a module manager thing, then I would ask for assistance (I am bad at coding module manager stuff)@Dmagic do you know how to do the module manager thing?

Edited by Joshwoo69
dmagic orbit stuff

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.