Rareden's Real 8k Skybox for Texture Replacer

Kunschner

2 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Hey, were you happy with this in game?

I kinda had the same feeling as most of the other posters here, this looks fuzzier than my current 6k sky box even though it's 8k?

Maybe I used the wrong link or something?

It's not super sharp for me either. The stars are definitely a bit fuzzy. It works for me though because it's intended to be a backdrop rather than the main focus - I don't spend any time scrutinizing it. I like the overall light/dark ratio a lot and I think the level of "realism" fits well with KSP - which has a certain cartoony element. it's so much better than stock :) 

if there's a razor sharp version others are using I'd be interested is seeing it. 

Edited by Tyko

16 minutes ago, Tyko said:

It's not super sharp for me either. The stars are definitely a bit fuzzy. It works for me though because it's intended to be a backdrop rather than the main focus - I don't spend any time scrutinizing it. I like the overall light/dark ratio a lot and I think the level of "realism" fits well with KSP - which has a certain cartoony element. it's so much better than stock :) 

if there's a razor sharp version others are using I'd be interested is seeing it. 

Yeah, I like the skybox itself, but it's very blurry and low res looking compared to even some 4k ones I've seen. Odd.

This is what I'm using atm. (I'm actually using the first version he released before he "fixed" it for RSS, I prefer the non-realistic orientation for some reason.)

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.