[24.2] Karbonite Ongoing Dev and Discussion

RoverDude

Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?

• Row 1
    • Row 2
    • Row 3
    • Row 4
    • Row 5
    • Row 6

One possibility is to have a radial drill of mass x, and then some other radially mounted utility (like a conversion processor) with mass x at the same center to perfectly offset the drill. Though you've probably already thought of this. :P

This is really clever, I'll second this notion. Or a radial battery pack of the same mass. Anything like that.

Everything appears to be working for me besides the map - still don't graphically see any hotspots, but the rest is A-OK.

Enjoy the beer!

Same for me, all works bar the hotspots.

Take a break dude :D

You may wanna check for an update on scansat, I know DMagic just added Karbonite support for scansat in the last couple days.

I have the dev 7 with Karbonite option in Settings but wont show any hotspots somehow.

First off, DAMN! This mod is looking really sweet and in really short order! My hats off to you!

Perhaps I am just missing something, but I can't actually figure out how to see the Kerbonite hotspots on the map. I am using Window 8.1 with the x64 runtime running the DEV 0.0.3 build, with no other mods running at all. I have deployed a satellite that contained the Kerbonite Detection Array as well as a couple of standard antenna, put it into low orbit, and activated the detector using the right-click context button. Sadly, I can't seem to see any difference. Even after a few orbits, I haven't been able to detect any Kerbonite at all. Am I missing something?

I love the MKS/OKS mod, which I think has some really fantastic looking models included. Having virtually no skill at all with Blender, I am highly envious of those with the skills to create such awesome 3d graphics. I do quite a lot of coding and tinkering with 2d game development, but I have virtually no skill at all working with anything 3d. I wish I did so that I could contribute to this project, which is already looking great. Keep up the great work, and thanks for the awesome mods. :)

Ok I was going to ask about the map view not showing hotspots, but I see that has been addressed. However when looking at the scanner it list ppm and %, what does the % represent? I know what ppm stands for, but that % is throwing me off a bit.

Ok I was going to ask about the map view not showing hotspots, but I see that has been addressed. However when looking at the scanner it list ppm and %, what does the % represent? I know what ppm stands for, but that % is throwing me off a bit.

1 ppm= .0001%

10 ppm = .001% (1 per hundered thousand)

100 ppm = .01% (1 per ten thousand)

So you can see, he just switches notation when the ppm gets large enough.

Just testing the rig at KSC, i did notice one thing, the Extract Karbonite, and Deploy drill are two seperate buttons, and you can actually extract karbonite without deploying the drill first. Thought it was pretty amusing :)

You should not be able to do that... Granted, you can extract once the deploy animation starts. Just checked and I could not replicate that (but again, I could extract before the drill finished deploying).

FYI - chemically, Ka03 will be Karbonite. Given there is no Ka on the periodic table, we can go a bit wild ;) And it goes well with the logo.

You may wanna check for an update on scansat, I know DMagic just added Karbonite support for scansat in the last couple days.

Unless it's hiding somewhere that I'm not seeing the SCANsat module isn't present in the current release files. I'll test it out with the module added when I get a chance.

You should not be able to do that... Granted, you can extract once the deploy animation starts. Just checked and I could not replicate that (but again, I could extract before the drill finished deploying).

FYI - chemically, Ka03 will be Karbonite. Given there is no Ka on the periodic table, we can go a bit wild ;) And it goes well with the logo.

1b643b16d1c8a8df9f9a005afa445bc2.gif

I somehow managed it :P Ill try it elsewhere on the surface to see if its just the launchpad that does that.

Unless it's hiding somewhere that I'm not seeing the SCANsat module isn't present in the current release files. I'll test it out with the module added when I get a chance.

EDIT: Whoops! Sorry bout the misinfo then, i thought i saw you post something about adding karbonite in somewhere. Sorry again, went back and looked and it was just you posting the config info for adding karbonite to the module :) Thanks for that too btw.

Edited by rabidninjawombat

I went to Minmus to do a dry run, first time I went I forgot a tank and was using the .02 version so no dice. I got the newest one and went back to Minmus, this time with a storage tank, and had a small problem. At 5m/s upon landing caused this.... (I will try again in a bit head is not being my friend right now :( ).

2946i6x.png

1 ppm= .0001%

10 ppm = .001% (1 per hundered thousand)

100 ppm = .01% (1 per ten thousand)

So you can see, he just switches notation when the ppm gets large enough.

Thanks that makes more sense. I guess I should have went for the .16% area I found :sticktongue:

Edited by Liowen

For some reason I cant refine monopropellant, i tried putting radial and stack tanks on next to the converter. LFO work great, but what am i doing wrong?

edit:

Just tried again with the debug menu open and i get a error.... 'request resource does not exist.'

Edited by Revolution-420

Karbonite scanning works fine in SCANsat.

Just attach the module manager config I posted earlier to whatever part you're using to scan and it will work like any other ORS-type scanner part.

Sge2OGH.png

For some reason I cant refine monopropellant, i tried putting radial and stack tanks on next to the converter. LFO work great, but what am i doing wrong?

Are the tanks full? If the mono prop tanks are full they will not hold more. Also look and see how much you have collected in your Karbonite holding tank (or did you forget it like I did?), if it is not very full your conversion will be slow. These are what I am guessing anyways would be why it is not filling.