best info mods

Wallace

Hey guys, what's everyone's favourite mod for giving info displays during flight?

I always liked the Mechjeb info windows because they were customisable, but this time I've installed VOID because I like the HUD rather than having windows floating about all over the place. It's not customisable, and doesn't have a few of my fav things like the suicide burn countdown, but I like how much less obtrusive it is having just the text HUD there. I really like the biome display on the HUD too, now I know when to do an EVA.

I only tried Kerbal Engineer once and found the windows were too huge for my liking.

I tried Raster Prop Monitor for IVA info, but I didn't get used to the IVA view and it wass annoying having to turn all the monitors to the right screens at the start of each flight, I'll have to try it again some time.

Soo, what does everyone else use for info displays?

I like KER because I actually like the way it looks over Mechjeb, and I love having certain features like time to impact and altitude over terrain. This is why I think of Mechjeb exclusively as autopilot. I also like Scansat which is great for knowing biomes, where my orbit goes, altitude of certain areas etc.

I've been playing with KER 1.0 and I am very impressed with it. My earlier gripes about the overly-padded UI are completely gone and having it run without a part is just awesome. I also like RPM with Hyomoto's MFD when I want to IVA, which is fun sometimes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.